LESSON 10
LESSON 10
DO YOU KNOW HOW MY NAME IS SPELLED?
你知道我名字怎樣拼寫的嗎?
A little closer,Mr.Morris...Hold that smile,Mr.Tate.
再先靠近一點,莫里斯先生......保持微笑,泰特先生。
Got it.Thank you.gentlemen,
好了,謝謝,先生們,
And welcome to Stamford,Mr.Tate.I wish you the best in your new job.Thank you so much.
歡迎到斯坦福德來,泰特先生。祝愿您在新工作中一切順利!非常感謝。
I'm glad that's over.
很高興照完了。
I need a quote from each of you for the newspaper article.
我想讓你們每個人說一句話以便引用在報紙的專欄文章上。
We're proud to have Philip Tate join our museum.
菲利普.泰勒先生來我們的博物館工作,我們很榮幸。
And I'm proud to be working for Ben Morris,
本.莫里斯先生是研究斯坦福德
the leading expert n Stamoford history...
歷史的第一流專家......
Do you know how my name is spelled?P-h-i-l-i-p T-a-t-e.
你知道我的名字是怎樣拼寫的嗎?P-h-i-l-l-i-p t-a-t-e.
Philip is spelled with one l.
philip的拼寫中只有一個l。
Oh,right.You know,I'd like to get another photo.it's your money.
噢,是那樣。嗯,我想再照一張.反正花的是你自己的錢。
Why don't we show Mr.Hunter an Indian object?
我們給亨特先生看一件印第安人的物品吧!
That's beautiful...What's it made of?
太美了......這是用什么制的?
It's made of leather.Most Indian pouches are made of leaher.
用皮革制的,大多數印第安煙草袋都是用皮革制的。
What's it used for?It's used for tobacco.
這是干什么用的?裝煙草用的。
Of course,there isn't any tobacco in there now.
當然現在這里面一點煙草也沒有。
It's two hundred years old.We can use this.What is it?
它已經有兩百年的歷史了.我們可以用這個。這是什么?
This is the Stamford Treaty,the most important item in the Morris Museum.
這是斯坦福德條約,是莫里斯博物館中最重要的收藏品。
How old is it?Look here,
它有多少年的歷史了?看這兒。
It's dated 1640,and it's signed by two great Indians.
注明的日期是1640年,由兩個偉大的印第安人在上面簽了字。
All the big museums would like to own this,
所有大博物館都想要它,
but it's going to stay right here at the Morris Museum is Stamford
但它將在斯坦福德的莫里斯博物館呆下去
...It's worth a fortune.
......它值一大筆錢呢。
It's your museum,Mr.Morris,so why don't you sit at the desk?
莫里斯先生,這家博物館是你的,那你就坐在桌邊吧!
And Mr.Tate,why don't you look over Mr.Morris's shoulder?
泰特先生,你從莫里斯先生肩后看過來好嗎?
Like this?
像這樣?
That's fine......Mr.Morris,a pleasant look,please?
很好...... 莫里斯先生,高興點兒。
Thank you......That's it.
謝謝......就這樣了。
You'll see the story in Friday's paper.
你們會在周五的報紙上看到這篇報道。
I look forward to seeing it.
我希望很快看到它。
Uncle Ben?The carpenters want to talk to you about the new room.Oh,good,
本叔叔,木匠要同你談一談新房間的問題。噢,好。
Philip,why don't you come with me?
菲利普,跟我一塊來吧!
So good to meet you,Mr.Hunter.Thank you.
亨特先生,很高興認識你.謝謝。
They don't get along,do they?
他們相處得不好,是不是?
And Mr.Tate started to work here only three weeks ago.
泰特先生三周前才來這兒工作。
I hate to say it,Diana,but your uncle does have a difficult personality.
我并不想這么說,戴安娜,但你叔叔的確很難相處。
Oh,sometimes he blows up at people,but he doesn't really mean it.
嗯,有時他沖人發火,但他不是存心的。
You know,Uncle Ben started this museum.
你知道,本叔叔創建了這個博物館,
Now he's sitting pretty,and he has the money to hire Mr.Tate.
現在他很富有,他有錢雇用泰特先生。
I think that's good news.I'm not sure.
我想這是個好消息。我不大肯定。
n. 獵人,獵犬,獵馬,搜尋者 Hunter: 亨特(姓