LESSON 11
LESSON 11
IT WAS GIVEN TO ME OVER FORTY YEARS AGO.
40多年前有人把它交給了我
I tell you it isn't right.
我告訴你它有問題。
Now,Ben I don't see any problem with this.It was changed.Changed?How?
本,我現在沒看出這有什么問題.它被換過了.被人換了,怎么換的?
It was given to me over forty years ago.
40多年前有人把它交給我,
I know it like the back of my hand.It was sigend with a different mark.
我對它了如指掌。它是用一個不同的標記簽字的。
Now,Ben,relax.
哦,本,別緊張。
Something's wrong here,Philip,and I'm go to find out what it is!
這兒有問題,菲利普。我要查出這是怎么回事!
Hello?......Yes......All right.I'll be right down.
喂?.......是的.......好吧,我馬上就下來。
It doesn't sound odd to me.My uncle was in a very strange mood.
對我來說這不奇怪.我叔叔的情緒很怪,
Oh,I know Uncle Ben is difficult to get along with.
噢,我知道本叔叔不太好相處,
But I have a bad feeling about that argument this afternoon.
但我仍對今天下午的爭吵有種有祥的感覺。
I wonder what it was about.
我想知道到底是怎么回事。
Diana,don't worry about it.Look,it's late.I have to go.
戴安娜,別擔心了???,天晚了我得走了。
Are we still going to get together Saturday?
我們還是周六見面嗎?
Yes.Hello?Diana,I have to talk to you.
是的.喂?戴安娜,我得與你談談。
Uncle Ben?What is it?
本叔叔?怎么了?
I have to show somone.I know you'll understand.
我必須給誰看看。我想你能明白。
Show me what?What's going on?
給我看什么?發生了什么事了?
Just get over here right away.I'm at the museum.
你馬上過來,我在博物館。
But Uncle Ben.......I have proof!
但是本叔叔......我有證據。
What was that all about?
到底是怎么回事?
It's Uncle Ben.He wants me to go over to the museum.
是本叔叔,他要我增博物館。
Now?It's almost midnight.He was really upset.I have to go.
現在去?都快午夜了.他的情緒很差,我得過去。
I'm going with you.
我與你一起去。
Hello?Is anyone here?Maybe he went home.
喂?有人嗎?或許他回家了。
And left the lights on?You know he never wastes a penny.
開著燈走了?你知道他從不浪費一分錢。
Maybe he went home,Diana.
或許他回家了,戴安娜。
Maybe he left a note for you....Why don't we try to call him at home?
或許他給你留了條......為什么我們不給他家打個電話呢?
What is it?Uncle Ben!.......Is he dead?
怎么了?本叔叔!......他死了嗎?
I'll call an ambulance.
我打電話叫救護車。
Emeragency.Yes,I want to report an accident.What kind of accident,sir?
急救中心.是的,我想報告一起事故.什么事故,先生?
A man was injured.Where are you?
有人受傷了.你們在哪兒?
I'm at the Morris Museum at 1406 Bedford Street.
在貝德福街1406號莫里斯博物館。
Oh.Tony,I think he's dead.It looks like he was hit on the head.
噢,托尼,我看他是死了.看起來他被人擊中頭部了。
vt. 理解,懂,聽說,獲悉,將 ... 理解為,認為<