Lesson 7 But think I'm qualified for the job.
但是我認為我能勝任這份工作
I told John it was over.
我告訴約翰我們的關系結束了。
You did?Ohh,my legs are killing me.
真的嗎?噢,我的腿疼死了。
Is Edna really qualified to teach?
埃德娜真的能勝任健美教練的工作嗎?
She studied with Jane Fonda.
她和簡.方達曾經是同學。
Really?When was that?
真的嗎?那是在什么時候?
From 1978 to 1980.
從1978年到1980年。
I don't believe it.
我不相信。
You're always asking questions.Did you ever think about becoming a newscaster?
你總在問問題。你想過當一名新聞播間員嗎?
John said the same thing.But I don't have enough experience.
約翰也這樣問過我。但是我經驗不足呀。
Did you go to journalism school?
你上過新聞學院嗎?
Yes.I studied journalism at Columbia University.
是的,我在哥倫比亞大學學的是新聞學。
Ladies!We exercise our bodies here,not our mouths.
女士們!我們是在鍛煉身體而不是在練嘴皮子
I don't believe she studied with Jane Fonda.
我真不相信她會和簡.方達做過同學。
One,two,One,two.
一,二,一,二。
Ohh,my legs.I can't stand it.
噢,我的腿。我實在受不了啦。
Steven,I want to talk to you. Yes?
史蒂文,我想和你談談。什么事?
Do you know John is leaving? Yes.
你知道約翰要起了嗎?知道。
Well,I want John's job.
呃,我想接手約翰的工作。
Carol,I want to help you,but John has a lot of experience.
卡羅,我很想幫你,但約翰經驗豐富。
I know,but so do I.Not the way John does,of course.
我知道,可是我也有很多經驗。當然了,不像約翰那樣。
But I think I'm qualified for the job.
但我想我能任這項工作。
Where did you work in the past?
以前你在哪兒工作?
I worked at a radio station.I was a writer.
我在一家電臺工作過,我是撰稿人。
How long did you worki there?
你在那兒工作了多長時間?
I worked there for two years,from 1986 to 1988.
我在那兒工作了兩年,從1986年到1988年。
Were you on television?
你上過電視嗎?
Only in college.
只在大學時上過。
Where did you go to school?
你在哪兒上的大學?
I went to the University of Michigan.
我上的是密歇根大學。
What did you study there?
你在那兒學什么?
I was a communications major.I went to journalism school after I graduated.
我學的傳播學專業,大學畢業后我又上了新聞學院。
You went to journalism school?
你上過新聞學院?
Yes.At Columbia University in New York City.Here's my resume.
是的。在紐約市的哥倫比亞大學。這是我的簡歷。
I want to help you,Carol,but I'm not sure that I can.
我很想幫你,卡羅,但我不能保證我能幫上忙。
Look,I'm a good writer.You know that.Just give me a chance.
瞧,你知道,我是個不錯的撰稿人。給我一個機會吧。
How can I do that?
我怎么給你機會?
I'd like to make an audition tape.
我想先做個樣帶。
And then if you think it's good,show it to Linda.
如果你覺得不錯,就把它拿給琳達看。
I'd like to think about it.
我考慮一下吧。
No.I want to know now.Please help me,Steven.Give me this chance.
不。我現在就想知道結果。請幫幫我,史蒂文。給我個機會。
OK.If Mike agrees to shoot it.
好吧,如果邁克同意給你拍樣帶的話。
I spoke to him.He said he'd do it.
我跟他說過了,他說他很樂意。
OK.Carol.The studio is free tomorrow night.That'os a good time to do it.
好的,卡羅。攝影棚明天晚上閑著。這個時間你可以拍樣帶。
Thanks.
謝謝!
v. 說,說話,演說