相關專題:
ACT III
... my slogan is "I care." ……我的口號是 “我關心” 。
I care about people, not things. 我關心人,而不是東西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart. 請投我,Ellen Stewart一票。
I care. 我關心。
How was it? 怎么樣?
You were terrific! 真是太棒了!
Can I see it? 我可以看嗎?
Sure. 當然可以。
Hello. My name is Ellen Stewart, 你們好,我叫Ellen Stewart ,
and I'm running for the open seat on the school board. 我正在競選聯合校董事會董事的席位。
My slogan is "I care." 我的口號是“關心” 。
What does the word care mean? 所謂關心是指什么?
... I care about people, not things. ……我關心人,而不是東西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart. 請投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
I care. 我關心。
I like it, 我覺得不錯。
but now what? 但下一步怎么辦?
How can we possibly get it on so Riverdale 我們怎樣才能讓Riverdale的人
will see it and hear it? 看到和聽到它呢?
Leave it to me. 交給我來辦吧。
... I mean that when I say "I care", ……我的意思是當我說“我關心”,
I care about people, not things. 我關心的是人,而不是東西。
Vote for me, Ellen Stewart. 請投我, Ellen Stewart一票。
I care. 我關心。
What happened? 發生了什么事?
Mom is now on television 媽媽現在出現在電視上
in every appliance store in Riverdale, 在Riverdale的每一家電器行,
except Hamlin's. Hamlin的店除外。
He's a Boswell voter. 他是Boswell的支持者。
That's a brilliant idea, Richard! 這主意太棒了, Richard!
You inherited your father's brains. 你繼承了你父親的好頭腦。
We got our brains from you, Dad. 我們從你那兒繼承了好頭腦,爸爸。
And guess what? 你們猜怎么著?
I called channel five. 我打電話給了第五頻道。
Their TV news is going to cover it. 他們的電視新聞將報導這一消息。
"Housewife campaigns in appliance stores." “家庭主婦在電器行進行競選活動。”
And I'll bet 我敢打賭
some magazine will pick up the story, too. 一些雜志也將刊登這項消息。
Mom, you're going to win! 媽媽,你會贏的!
I know it! 我知道!
Hold it, Robbie! 停, Robbie!
Just cool down. 冷靜一點。
I know we're getting some attention now, 我認為我們現在固然漸漸引起一些注意,
but in the end the voters will have to decide. 但最后卻要由選民來決定。
You're gonna win. 你一會贏的。
Trust me! 相信我!
In the hotly contested race 在這場激烈競賽中
for the one seat on the Riverdale School Board, 爭奪Riverdale聯合校董事會董事的一個席次,
Mrs. Ellen Stewart has taken an early lead. Ellen Stewart太太初步領先。
She's winning! 她贏了!
Mom, you're winning! 媽媽,你贏了!
Now returning to other local news ... 現在再報導其它地方新聞---
Riverdale High School Riverdale高中
beat its rival Horace Mann in baseball today ... 在今天的棒球賽中打敗了對手Horace Mann隊----
It's too soon to know for certain. 現在還太早,不知道確切情況。
You're ahead. 你領先呢。
That's better than being behind. 這總比落后要好。
More sports after this. 廣告后還有許多運動消息。
It's not over yet. 還沒有完呢。
Let's just all calm down, 讓我們全都冷靜下來,
and wait for the final results. 等待最后的結果。
Ellen, why don't you go out to the backyard Ellen,何不去院子
and get some fresh air? 呼吸一些新鮮空氣呢?
Thank you, Grandpa. 謝謝你,爺爺。
I need some. 我確實需要。
What happened? 怎么樣?
You came very close, Ellen. 差了一點點,Ellen。