ACT I
Is that you, Susan? 是你嗎,Susan?
It's me, Grandpa. 是我,爺爺。
Am I glad to see you! 我看到你真的很高興!
And am I glad to see you! 我看見你才高興呢!
I am also glad to be here. 我很高興來這兒。
How are things? 近況如何?
I have been talking to a group of salesmen 我一直在與一群推銷人員談話
since ten this morning, 從今天上午十點起,
and I'm real exhausted. 我實在是精疲力竭了。
Well, you look good. 嗯,你看起來蠻好的。
What's Harry doing tonight? Harry今晚做什么?
He and Michelle 他和Michelle
are visiting relatives in New Jersey today. 今天去New Jersey拜訪親戚去了。
The rest of our family went to the movies. 我們家的其余的人都去看電影了。
So it's just you and me, Susan. 所以這兒只有你和我,Susan。
It's nice to be alone with you, Grandpa. 很高興單獨與你在一起,爺爺。
We don't get to see enough of each other. 我們在一起的時間太少了。
Oh, I feel the same way, Susan. 噢,我也有同樣的感受,Susan。
I miss seeing you. 我很想見到你 。
But to tell the truth, 但是老實說,
next time 下一次
I'd like to go into the city and meet you there, 我想到城里看你,
instead of you coming here. 而不是到這兒來。
You don't need to do that, Grandpa. 你不用這樣,爺爺。
Yeah, I do. 不,我要這樣。
I need to get out more. 我需要多出門去。
Well, I mean 我的意思是
there's a lot to do around the house, 這屋里有很多事可做,