ACT II
Sorry, Robbie. Sorry to be late this morning, 對不起,Robbie。今天早上遲了點,
but, well, we've still got some time for a cup of coffee. 不過,我們還有喝杯咖啡的時間。
I can't wait to see my old pal Charley Rafer. 我真想早點見到老友Charley Rafer。
Neither can I. 我也一樣。
So you thought about it, huh? 你考慮過了嗎?
Yes, I have, Dad. 是的,我考慮了,爸爸。
Well, I'm glad. 那好,我很高興。
I knew you'd realize 我知道你會認識到
that this interview could be an important experience for you. 這次面談是一次很難得的經驗。
I came to that conclusion. 我的結論也是這樣。
That's very wise, Robbie. 這是很明智的,Robbie。
Very wise. 非常明智。
Now let's head off for the city and the university club. 現在我們進城去,到大學俱樂部。
Thanks, Dad. 謝謝,爸爸。
Thanks ... for what? 謝什么?
Thanks for hearing me out. And ... 謝謝你聽我的意見。而且……
And ...? 而且……?
And thanks for being such an understanding father. 而且謝謝你是這樣一位善于了解我的父親。
Well, thank you, Robbie. Thank you. 嗯,謝謝你,Robbie。 謝謝你。
Philip Stewart! Philip Stewart !
It's great to see you! 真高興見到你!
Charley Rafer--you look as young as ever. Charley Rafer ---你看起來就跟以前一樣年輕。
You must be Robbie. 你就是Robbie吧。
Hi. 你好。
Yes, this is my youngest son Robbie. 是的,這是我的小兒子Robbie。
Robbie, I want you to meet Robbie,我要你見見
one of the best tennis players on the Michigan team-- 當年Michigan球隊最好的網球選手之一--
Charley Rafer. Charley Rafer。
Nice to meet you, Dean Rafer. 很高興見到你,Rafer主任。
Well, are you as good a tennis player as your dad? 嗯,你是否像爸爸那樣是一名優秀的網球選手呢?
No, I'm not very good at it. 不,我網球不行。
Frankly, neither was I. 坦白的說,我當年也不行。
Charley was the star of the team. Charley是當時隊里的明星。
Yeah. Thanks. 湊數的,謝謝你。
Well, how're you been, Philip? 嗯,這些年來怎么樣,Philip?
Oh, working too hard. 噢,工作太累人了。
Doesn't show. 倒是看不出來。
How's Ellen? Ellen怎么樣?
Fine, thank you. 很好,謝謝。
And how's Marge? Marge怎么樣?
She's still giving the toughest English history exams 她仍用最難的英語史試題考學生
in the school and loving every minute of it. 在學校樂此不倦。
And speaking of minutes, 談到時間,
I have interviews until noon, 我從現在到中午有一系列的面談,