LESSON 19 The spoder and the fly
第十九課 蜘蛛和蒼蠅
"Will you walk into my parlour?" said the spider to the fly;
“你會走進我的客廳嗎?”蜘蛛對蒼蠅說;
"'Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy.
“那是最漂亮的小客廳,你永遠做間諜。
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair;
走進我的客廳是一個彎曲的樓梯;
And I've got many curious things to show you when you're there."
我有很多奇怪的事情要告訴你當你在那里。”
"Oh no, no," said the little fly; "to ask me is in vain,
“哦,沒有,沒有,”小蒼蠅說;“問我是徒勞的,
For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again."
誰爬上你的樓梯可以不下來。”
"I'm sure you must be weary, dear, with soaring up so high;
誰爬上你的樓梯可以不下來。”
Will you rest upon my little bed?" said the spider to the fly.
你會在我的小床上?”蜘蛛對蒼蠅說。
There are pretty curtains drawn around; the sheets are fine and thin;
那里有漂亮的窗簾;床單是細薄;
And if you like to rest a while, I'll snugly tuck you in!"
如果你想休息一下,我會讓你舒舒服服的!”
"Oh no, no," said the little fly; "for I've often heard it said,
“哦,沒有,沒有,”小蒼蠅說;“我常聽人說,
They never, never wake again, who sleep upon your bed!"
他們從來沒有,從來沒有醒來,睡在你的床上!”
Said the cunning spider to the fly—"Dear friend, what can I do
狡猾的蜘蛛對蒼蠅說:“親愛的朋友,我能做什么
To prove the warm affection I've always felt for you?
為了證明我一直覺得你的熱情?
I have within my pantry good store of all that's nice;
我已經在我的廚房好店都很好;
I'm sure you're very welcome—will you please to take a slice?"
我肯定非常歡迎你請你拿一片嗎?”
"Oh no, no," said the little fly, "kind sir, that cannot be;
“哦,沒有,沒有,”小蒼蠅說,“好心的先生,不能;
I've heard what's in your pantry, and I do not wish to see."
我聽說你的工作是什么,我不希望看到的。”
"Sweet creature,"said the spider, "you're witty and you're wise;
“親愛的,”蜘蛛說,“你是聰明的,你很聰明;
How handsome are your gauzy wings how brilliant are your eyes!
你的薄紗般的翅膀你的眼睛是多么的輝煌是多么的英俊!
I have a little looking-glass upon my parlour shelf,
我有一個小鏡子在我的客廳的書架,
If you'll step in one moment, dear, you shall behold yourself."
如果你要在某一個瞬間,親愛的,你要看他自己。”
"I thank you, gentle sir," she said, "for what you please to say;
“我謝謝你,溫柔的先生,”她說,“你請說;
And bidding you good-morning now, I'll call another day."
投標你早上好了,我會打電話的一天。”