LESSON 104
第104課
“O Hattie! I just saw a large rat in the shed; and old Nero tried to catch it.”
“噢,海蒂!我剛剛在車庫里看見了一只大老鼠,老尼祿正試圖抓到它。”
“Did he catch it, Frank?”
“弗蘭克,尼祿抓到它了嗎? ”
“No; Nero did not; but the old cat did.”
“沒有,尼祿沒抓到,但那只老貓抓到了。”
“My cat?”
“我的貓? ”
“No, it was the other one.”
“不,是另一只。”
“Do tell me how she got it, Frank. Did she run after it?”
“弗蘭克,你一定得告訴我它是怎么抓到老鼠的。是跟在老鼠后面跑嗎?”
“No, that was not the way. Puss was hid on a big box.
“不是,不是這種方法。貓躲在一個大盒子上面。
The rat stole out, and she jumped at it and caught it.”
老鼠偷偷跑出來,貓一下子跳過去,然后抓到了它。”
“Poor rat! It must have been very hungry; it came out to get something to eat.”
“可憐的老鼠!它一定很餓了,所以出來找些東西吃。”
“Why, Hattie, you are not sorry puss got the rat, are you?”
“為什么?海蒂,貓抓住了那只老鼠,你感到很難過,是嗎? ”
“No, I can not say I am sorry she got it; but I do not like to see even a rat suffer pain.”
“不,我不能說貓抓到了它我就很難過。但哪怕是一只老鼠遭受不幸,我也不愿意看到。”