privacy
n.隱私,私生活
The couple closed the door so they could have some privacy.
這對夫妻關上門,如此他們才能有一點隱私。
ferry
n.渡輪 vt.(搭渡輪)渡過
If you want to go to that island, you have to take the ferry.
如果你想要去那個島,就要搭渡輪。
They ferried the people across the river.
他們用渡輪載人過河。
screw
n.螺絲
The screw is loose. Can you tighten it up?
螺絲松了。你可以把它拴緊嗎?
screwdriver
n.螺絲起子
I used a screwdriver to tighten this screw.
我用一把螺絲起子把這根螺絲拴緊。
sway
vi.搖擺 vt. n.動搖,影響
The palm trees are swaying back and forth in the wind.
棕櫚樹在風中來回搖擺。
Don't let that politician's speech sway your decision.
別讓那個政治人物的演講動搖你的決定。
Mary has dated that handsome boy only three times, and she is completely under his sway now.
瑪麗跟那位帥哥約會只才3次,現在卻已完全受他的擺布了。
nowadays
adv.現今
Yoga, which is helpful to one's body and mind, is very popular nowadays.
瑜珈對人的身心都很有幫助,現在非常流行。
dense
a.稠密的
We have a dense population in Taipei. =Taipei is densely populated.
臺北人口稠密。
overnight
adv. 一夕之間;整晚
The lottery winner became a millionaire overnight.
這名樂透得主一夕之間成了百萬富翁。
I stayed overnight at my friend's house doing homework.
我整晚待在我朋友家做功課。
amid
prep.在其中
The singer stood singing amid a crowd of his fans. The singer stood singing among a crowd of his fans.
這位歌手站在一群歌迷中間唱歌。
The politician fled the country amid rumors that he was involved in a bribery scandal.
這個政客涉及一項行賄丑聞的謠言正在傳開的同時,他就逃離國門了。
jerk
vt.突然猛拉、推 n.蠢蛋,古怪的人(俚語)
We jerked the rope, but the horse wouldn't move.
我們猛拉韁繩,但是馬兒就是不動。
"Get lost, you jerk!" said Mary to Peter.
瑪麗對彼得說:“你這蠢蛋,給我滾!”