square peg in a round hole
格格不入
They tried hard to be accepted into these cliques.
她們努力地嘗試進入這些很“酷”的小團體。
The only problem was, they stood out like sore thumbs.
題在于,她們實在太格格不入了。
Patty was brainy and wore glasses, and Lauren was overweight and had braces.
帕蒂帶眼鏡,充滿書卷氣;勞倫體重超標,還帶牙箍。
Thankfully, two other square pegs accepted them.
幸好,另外兩個“異類”接受她們。
Most Chinese will have a hard time adjusting to the new life when they just arrive in the U.S.
大多數(shù)中國人剛到美國的時候都覺得很難適應新生活。
The langruage is different, the food is different, the culture is different, and the list goes on.
語言不同,食物不同,文化不同,等等等等。
If you feel like a square peg in a round hole, It's only natural.
如果你覺得自己格格不入,那是很正常的。
Good thing is, most Americans are very friendly.
好在美國人大都非常友善。
As long as you try hard enough ,you will fit in sooner or later.
只要你努力嘗試,遲早都會融入他們的圈子。
I have made up my mind.I am quiting.
我決定了,我要辭職。
Mind telling me why?
介意告訴我原因嗎?
I don't think I have finesse for the job.I'm like a round peg in a square hole.
我想我不適合這工作。有點格格不入的感覺。
If that is the case ,It's not a bad idea to quit.
如果是這樣,辭職倒也是個不錯的主意。
Being stuck in a job that doesn't really fit you is bad for your heath or at least that's what I read in a book.
長時間做一份不適合自己的工作對健康不好,至少書里是這么說的。