fair
公正
fair game
被嘲弄或攻擊的對象
When it comes to news satire,evervbody is fair game.
在新聞諷刺領域里,所有人都是可以被嘲笑或攻擊的對象,
If you need prove ,look no further than the Onion.
如果你要證據就去看看the Onion
The popular fake news site that calls itself "America's finest new source"
深受大眾歡迎,稱自己為“全美最佳新聞來源”的假新聞網站。
In Comedy Central's "the colbert report",Stephen Colbert talks about the important issues of the day and makes fun of the media pnditsis we see on TV.
在Comedy Central的The Colbert Report節目里,Stephen Colbert通過搞笑的方式探討當天的重要話題,諷刺我們在電視上看到的“媒體專家”。
All those so-called experts are fair game.
所有那些標榜“專家”的人都是被嘲弄的對象。
fair-haired boy
受特殊照顧的人
Why does professor Brown always praise you jene?
為什們布朗教授總是夸他為天才?
I'm the only straight-A student in this class.
我才是班上唯一的全優生??!
He's always her fair-haired boy.
他一直是她最偏愛的那位。
It has nothing to do with academic performance.
跟成績沒什么關系。
That's so unfair!
太不公平了!
Well.life's unfair.
生活本來就不公平。
That's just the way it is.
誰也改變不了這一點。
fair-weather friend
不能共患難的朋友
I can't believe Sonia didn't stick up for me when I was accused of shoplifting.
我真不敢相信在我被指控偷竊的時候,Sonia居然沒出來幫我說話!
she was with me the whole time and she knew well that I was not stealing anything.
她一直跟我在一起,知道我根本沒偷東西。
That's typical of Sonia.
她向來這樣。
She's a fair-weather friend.
她是那種只能共安樂、不能共患難的朋友。
When you get into trouble,you can never expect her to help you out.
你如果有了麻煩,絕對不能指望她幫忙。