《廣告狂人》前情提要
Just a minute. Mr. Draper?
請稍等,德雷柏先生
Thank you, Dawn.
謝謝,唐恩
She was the most qualified.
她的資歷是最適合的了
What am I going to do when you go home?
你回家之后我該怎么辦
Are you really going back to that office?
你真打算回去工作嗎
Mohawk Airlines has chosen to return to Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.
莫霍克航空決定重回斯庫德普廣告公司
Mr. Sterling will be handling the day to day.
斯特林先生將處理日常雜務
My husband's been gone so long.
我丈夫已經走了那么久
I feel alone.
我感覺很孤獨
So I'm not getting the job?
我沒通過嗎
No.
不是
You start tomorrow.
你明天開始上班
Crossfirezf Joanna
落,廣告狂人薩拉丁
You sound terrible.
你聽起來很難受
You even look terrible.
看上去很憔悴
You don't.
你看上去很美
I'm going to stand over here.
我站遠點
Fine, if you think you'll be safe over there by yourself.
好吧,如果你覺得站遠點就不會被傳染的話
Going up. So am I. Thank you.
向上,我也是,謝謝,
My god, Don.
天吶,唐
My bad penny.
我的小壞蛋
Andrea, this is my wife Megan.
安德莉亞,這是我夫人梅根
Megan, this is Andrea.
梅根,這位是安德莉亞
She's a freelance writer for, you know,
她是個兼職文案
The firm.
為公司工作
Oh, nice to meet you.
很高興認識你
Yes, you as well.
我也是
Well, goodbye.
再見
It was nice meeting you.
很高興認識你
Incroyable.
難以置信
Look You look.
聽著,你聽著,
How many times is this going to happen?
這種事到底要發生多少次
What? I worked with her six years ago.
怎么了,我6年前和她一起工作
We're in midtown. I'm going to run into people.
我們在市中心,總會遇見熟人的
You know, there are some parts of town
在城里我們也能遇到
where we can run into some people I worked with.
以前和我一起工作的人
All they care about is that they're seethrough.
他們只想突出褲襪是透明的
Why is transparency desirable in pantyhose?
為什么透明性對褲襪這么重要
I can see fine.
我看得挺清楚
You want to get in here with me?
你想來和我一起嗎
Hello, Pegasus. Hey, you.
好啊,佩,你來了,
You have to let me announce you. Go ahead.
你得讓我先通知他們,去吧,
Hello, Stanley, Ginso.
好啊,斯坦利,金斯
I have amazing photos
我帶了有意思的照片來
Crime scene snaps from Chicago's student nurse massacre.
芝加哥見習護士遭屠殺的犯罪現場
Not suitable for publication. What?
不適合出版,真的嗎,
Oh, my god.
我的天吶
I'm telling you, you're upset over nothing.
聽著,真的沒什么好生氣的
You're making it worse. I'll get over it. Megan.
你只會越抹越黑,我自己會好,梅根,
I'm fine.
我沒事
You should be.
你應該如此
They look like rag dolls. Were they raped?
她們看起來像破洋娃娃,她們被強奸了嗎,
They don't know, but a couple of these are naked.
警方尚不清楚,但里面有幾具裸尸
It went on for hours.
暴行持續了幾個小時
The rest just waited. They were tied up.
其他人只能無助地等著,她們被綁著,
I'm sorry I'm late.
抱歉我遲到了
Megan. I've got some pictures.
梅根,我帶來些照片
Ginsberg, you got to see these.
金斯伯格,你得來看看
I'll see you later.
回頭見
And I'll see you later.
沒問題,回頭見
The sex murders in Chicago.
是芝加哥強奸殺人案
The student nurses. Really?
見習護士,真的嗎,
Take it.
拿走
Oh, my God. Look at the bottom row.
我的天吶,看最底下那排,
I think this is going to make the cover, not the riots.
我覺得這肯定能上頭條,比暴亂還吸人眼球
Really? Yeah, we did the riots this week.
是嗎,我們這周做的就是暴亂專題,
Watts a year later.
瓦特暴亂一周年(1965年發生在洛杉磯的重大暴亂事件)
Plus, there have been five riots this summer.
再說,今年夏天已經報道過5次暴亂
I say it's better than even money
我覺得即使是花大價錢(亨利o盧斯,時代雜志創刊人)
Mr. Luce finds a tasteful way to do this.
盧斯先生也買不到如此精彩的新聞
You know what put it away. It's disgusting.
說實話,趕緊收起來,簡直是惡心至極
It's one of those things I wish I didn't see.
我真希望我剛剛沒看到
And why are you laughing? We're not laughing.
你們怎么笑得出來,我們沒笑,
No, you're excited by it.
是,但是你們為之激動
Some girl trussed up like a cut of meat?
某個女孩像肉片一樣任人宰割
Eight girls, but nine were kidnapped.
是8個,但其實有9個被劫走
One survived.
有一個生還了
I only am escaped alone to tell thee.
"唯有我一人逃脫,來報信給你" (取自《圣經o約伯記》)
How did she do that?
她怎么逃出來的
She hid under the bed. He lost count.
她藏在床下,兇手數差了
You know what?
知道嗎
You're sickos.
你們都是神經病
Michael.
邁克
He's right.
他說的沒錯
It's been 25 minutes. It's not even set.
已經25分鐘了,根本沒開始烤
I told you the jets are clogged.
跟你說煤氣噴嘴被堵住了
Give me some money. I'll go to the bakery.
給我點錢,我去面包房買個蛋糕
And we need to get beer.
還需要買啤酒
Greg likes Schaefer. Do we have time?
格雷格喜歡謝菲爾牌的,我們還有時間嗎
Not if you want me to get the baby out of here by noon.
如果你希望我在中午前把寶寶帶出去,那當然不夠時間
Why? He's going to want to see Kevin more than me.
為什么,他肯定急著想見見凱文
That's what he's going to say,
那只是嘴上說說而已
but he's going to want you right away.
他肯定想立刻和你溫存
Let me go get my purse.
我去拿錢包
You're making me very anxious right now.
你現在搞得我很不安
It's okay to be anxious. It's normal.
不安很正常,沒事的
Everything's going to be unfamiliar for both of you.
對你們雙方,都有很多事要重新適應
And who knows what he's seen? Who knows what he's done?
誰知道他在戰場上經歷了什么,做過什么
He's a surgeon. He wasn't in combat.
他是個外科醫生,他不在戰場上
He saw the same things there he saw here.
在那看到的和在紐約都一樣
Well, there are other things that happen when men are away,
好吧,男人外出在外,還會發生其他的事情
Especially at war. Stop it.
尤其在戰爭中,別說了,
Stop talking about men in general
你總說男人花心
when I know it's all about daddy.
但我知道你說的都是爸爸
Even if there haven't been other women,
就算他在外面沒有別的女人
he's not used to listening to a woman.
他也不再習慣聽女人的話了
It's just the idea of coming home
問題在于他剛剛回到家
and finding a little hole in his life
發現生命中似乎有了一個空洞
and sticking his elbow through
他只能小心地嘗試向前
until he can walk all the way in.
直到最終完全走出來
I know.
我明白
And that's why I want to start with him
所以我想讓他先從
seeing his son for the first time.
見見兒子開始
He'll know how to do that.
他對孩子總該很快適應的
You're right.
你說得對
Do you really want a cake?
你真想要塊蛋糕嗎
Because it's going to take me a while to get dressed.
要我換好衣服,可是要花些時間的
Could you?
麻煩你了
Your daughter's on line one.
令千金在1號線上
Hello, sweetheart. What's the matter?
好啊,寶貝女兒,怎么了
Grandma Pauline is still here and I hate her.
波琳奶奶還呆在這兒,把我煩死了
Stay out of her way.
別去招惹她就行
Your mother will be back friday morning.
你媽媽周五上午就會回去
It is friday morning.
現在已經是周五上午了
Someone called on Henry's phone
有人給亨利辦公室打來電話
and said that they couldn't get an airplane flight,
說是他們沒趕上飛機航班
so someone's driving them back from Buffalo tonight.
今晚會有人開車去水牛城接他們回來
You'd think Henry could get a flight.
外人可能覺得肯定有專機接送亨利呢
I know. He's so important.
可不是嘛,他可是個大人物
They call Bobby all the time in sleepaway camp.
我們外出宿營時,他們就知道關心博比
I guess if I was peeing in my pants,
我估計等我什么時候尿身上了
they might want to say hi.
他們才會記得跟我打聲招呼吧
That's not nice.
那樣說可不好
Grandma Pauline wears so much perfume.
波琳奶奶香水也噴得太多了
Every time she comes near me, I want to barf.
每次她往我旁邊一站,我就想吐
And you know what else?
你猜她還怎么著
She doesn't believe me, that I'm allowed
她竟然不相信,媽媽允許我
to watch as much tv as I want because it's the summer.
隨心所欲地看電視,現在正值暑假啊
Your mother lets you do that?
你媽允許你那樣嗎
I'm on vacation.
我在過暑假啊
I think the best thing is for you to go out
我覺得此時你最應該做的,就是出門
in the fresh air and get some sun.
呼吸點新鮮空氣,曬曬太陽
I did. It's really hot.
試過了,外面熱死了
Stop complaining.
別再抱怨了
I don't want you to get rickets in that haunted mansion.
我可不希望你憋屈在那陰宅里,而患上佝僂病
I'll see you next weekend.
我們下周再見吧
How are you?
你還好嗎
I have a cold, but you've made me feel better.
有點感冒,但是和你說說話就好多了
Can't you come get me?
你就不能來接我嗎
No. And don't ask again.
不能,別再求我了
Okay, bye. Bye.
那行,再見,再見,
Are you sick? I'm great. Let's go.
你病了嗎,我好得很,工作吧,
So it starts with Ken Cosgrove
廣告開始時,先是肯o科斯格羅夫
climbing out of the muck and walking on dry land.
從淤泥中爬出,走在干硬的大地上
He says a bunch of nice stuff about Ginsberg and you.
他會對金斯伯格和你,大加贊賞一番
I told him not to use the word genius about either of us.
提前跟他說了,別用天才那詞形容我們
Ahem, a woman and her secrets
一個女人,和她的秘密
Oh, the things she'll never tell,
那些她永遠不會分享的秘密
like how long it took her to get ready
比如她會花多長時間來穿衣打扮
or the reason she's smiling.
以及讓她會心一笑的原因
A goodlooking woman at a party.
派對上的一位貌美女子
And where she got the incredible shoes.
她那綽約多姿的鞋,從何而來
Another woman, not too catty,
另一個女人,不能太妖艷誘惑
Says, "I love your shoes. Where did you get them?"
問她"我中意你的鞋,你從何得來"
We hold on five seconds of
定格五秒鐘時間
her showing off the shoe from the calf down,
給她展示那雙鞋,從小腿那開始
and this girl's legs will be spectacular.
所以女主角的腿,必須要勾魂攝魄
And, yes, you can come to casting.
當然,選角時你可以來把關
That's plenty.
夠了
Are you kidding? I'm ready to take off here.
開什么玩笑,我剛準備說到高潮呢
I just wanted to hear the tone of your voice so I can make sure
我就是想聽聽你那怪腔怪調,好確保
it's not as annoying as it is in everyday life.
沒你平日里說話那么討厭
It's called a regional accent.
我這是地方口音
And believe it or not, you've got one, too.
不管你信不信,你自己說話也有口音
We can't all sound like Walter Cronkite.
總不能每人說話都跟沃特o克朗克特一樣吧
Do you like this?
你覺得怎么樣
I never saw boards for the cinderella thing.
我從沒見過"灰姑娘水晶鞋"的廣告橋段
Well, you killed it, and for good reason.
你斃得有道理,理由很充分
Cinderella and shoes is a cliche.
灰姑娘和水晶鞋早就是陳詞濫調了
You could have T.B. Sleeping beauty?
你這樣會得肺結核的,睡美人,
Snow white? Nothing worked?
白雪公主,都不管用嗎
They're more about necrophilia than shoes.
那兩位美人更會讓人聯想起戀尸癖
It's footwear. Don't make that mistake.
重點在鞋子上,不要搞錯廣告對象
Oh, my god, you're so skinny.
天吶,你瘦了整整一大圈
So are you.
你也是
Somebody wants to say hello.
還有人等著和你打招呼呢
Jesus, is that him?
上帝啊,那是他嗎
Holy crap, look at him.
我的天啊,瞧瞧他
Joanie, I'll get that.
瓊妮,讓我來拿吧
You have your hands full.
你手上不正忙活著嘛
We thought your flight might be late because of the strike.
我們還怕罷工會誤了你的航班
Yeah, we picked up some folks in Honolulu
我們途徑檀香山去接了幾個家伙
who had been stranded, but everything was fine.
都是被困在那的,不過沒什么大礙
Gail, go get the Brownie.
格爾,把布朗尼相機拿來
I don't think we have any film.
家里似乎沒有膠卷了
You know what?
不如這樣吧
I'll take Kevin and go get some,
我帶著凱文出去買些回來
so you two can visit a spell.
你們也好單獨待一會兒
Okay, that's a good idea.
好的,真是個好主意
You have supplies in case you have to be gone for a while?
出去久的話,該帶的都帶上了嗎
I have everything.
我已經萬事俱備了
And so do you, Greg.
你也是吧,格雷格
Get over here.
趕緊過來
Where have you been?
這段時間你都去哪里了
Out in the wilderness, baby.
游蕩在荒郊野外,寶貝
What are you doing? Looking for aspirin.
你在干什么呢,找阿司匹林呢,
Why don't you have Dawn do it? I'm embarrassed.
干嘛不讓唐恩幫你找,我不好意思,
I've eaten up a bottle since she's been here.
從她進公司,我已經吃完一整瓶了
My husband's an aspirin addict.
我丈夫吃阿司匹林上癮
I'm so ashamed.
作為妻子深感丟人
You're very warm. I'm sending you home.
你身上好熱,我送你回家吧
I'm sorry about this morning.
早上的事,實在抱歉
It couldn't be avoided.
有些事,在所難免
It was a long time ago and I was unhappy.
很久以前的事情了,當時我過得不快樂
Because you were married.
因為當時你深陷婚姻泥潭
It's fine. It's just embarrassing.
沒什么事,只是覺得有點尷尬
Why should you be embarrassed?
你為什么會覺得尷尬
Seriously?
那還用問
Because you're married to me now.
因為你現在是我的丈夫
And after Allison and Faye Miller
曾經的艾莉森,還有菲婭o米勒
and who knows how many more...
天知道還有多少個...
I was divorced.
我那時離婚了
And now you're not.
現在你可沒有
And that kind of careless appetite
你這種隨心"索欲"的做派
You can't blame that on Betty.
可不能怪到貝蒂身上
I tell you, let it go.
聽我說,別糾結這個了
You brought it up. No, I didn't.
明明是你提起的,不,我沒有,
You did.
就是你
And all I can think is you feel guilty,
現在我滿腦子想的,就是你心懷愧疚
which makes it worse than I thought.
那比我預想的更加糟糕
I married you.
你才是我妻子
And I'm going to be with you until I die...
我會和你走到生命的最后一刻
which could be this afternoon.
說不定就是今天下午
Is this really how you want to end my last hours on earth?
你真的想要我最后幾個小時就這樣度過嗎
Sweetie, go home.
親愛的,回家休息吧
I have to go to this meeting
今天的會我必須參加
so I can skip the next two.
接下來的兩次就可以逃脫了
At least go lie down.
至少去躺一下吧
Eat your sandwich.
快點吃
I'm not hungry.
我不餓
Oh, my lord.
老天啊
Those poor souls. What?
太可憐了,什么,
Nothing.
沒什么
Some things are not for children.
少兒不宜
Mommy lets me watch the news.
媽媽說我可以看新聞
You demanded tuna salad,
你要的金槍魚三明治
so you're going to sit there until you eat it.
吃完之前哪兒都不許去
It has relish in it.
里面有佐料
You haven't even tasted it.
你還沒吃呢
You hurt my hand.
你弄疼我的手了
Well, I shouldn't have done that.
我不該這么做的
I'm sorry. But you have to be respectful.
抱歉,但是你得學會尊重
I know your mother has other rules.
我知道你媽媽有其它規矩
She doesn't have rules. I don't believe that,
她沒有定什么規矩,我可不信,
but I believe that she may be distracted.
但我相信她可能是忙于操心其他事
And I am sure
而且我肯定
she would be sick if she knew how you were behaving.
她要是知道你的行為,一定會非常失望
Now you're going to finish that sandwich, crusts and all.
你馬上給我吃完,渣都不許剩
I don't care if it takes all day.
你吃一天我也不管
How'd you sleep?
睡得怎么樣
Very well, thank you.
很好,謝謝
What are you doing?
在干嘛呢
He's making lunch. He won't listen.
在做早餐,他不聽我勸
Greg, honey, I have steak.
格雷格,親愛的,我還有牛排
Mom bought a cake.
媽還買了蛋糕
Believe it or not, I had steak in Vietnam.
信不信由你,我在越南能吃上牛排
I did not have bologna.
但是我們沒有臘腸
And I'll have veal tonight with my folks
今天晚上還要和弟兄們吃小牛肉
What are the three of you up to?
你們在干嘛呢
I'm showing Kevin how good I am with my hands.
我在讓凱文看到我的心靈手巧
We were talking about the riots.
我們正在討論暴動
Plenty of negroes in Saigon and they're plenty brave.
黑人在西貢表現得很勇猛, (西貢,即今天的胡志明市)
I think we should have a rule
我覺得我們要定個規矩
that you have to wear your uniform all the time when you're home.
你在家里得一直穿軍裝
Gail, is there a chance you could pick up more beer?
格爾,能否去再買一些啤酒
Of course.
可以
I wanted to get the afternoon paper anyway.
反正我也要去買晚報
Thank you so much, mom.
太謝謝你了,媽
We'll be back in time for dinner.
我們晚飯時間再回來
You look incredible, you know?
你真漂亮
Thank you.
謝謝
I need to tell you something.
我有事情要跟你說
Greg, if something happened over there
格雷格,如果你在那邊發生了什么
and you feel the need to tell me, you shouldn't.
你覺得必須告訴我,其實大可不必
And if you do, you certainly shouldn't ask me to hold your hand.
如果你實在想說,也不該讓我握著你的手
What? No.
什么,不是
No, it's not that.
不是那回事
Listen, Joanie, there's been a change of plans.
聽著,瓊妮,計劃有變
I have to go back.
我得回去
I know, for another 40 days.
我知道,要再去40天
No, for a year.
不,是一年
What?
什么
It was one year here and one year there.
不是說美國一年,越南一年嗎
That's what they told you.
政策不是這么說的嗎
Look, I know you're hearing a lot of horrible things
聽著,我知道你聽到很多流言
about what's going on over there.
關于那邊發生的可怕事情
It couldn't be further from the truth.
那些都純屬造謠
You don't need to worry. You did your part.
你不需要擔心,你已經盡過職了,
They're a bunch of liars.
政客們全都是騙子
Nobody lied to anybody.
沒人是騙子
It's more complicated. It's war.
情況比你想的復雜,那是戰爭
It doesn't stop for our plans.
戰爭不會因為我們的人生安排停下來
And I've come to terms with that.
我已經都想好了
Now we have 10 days together.
我們有10天可以在一起
Let's not waste it.
不要浪費了
I need to store up as much of you as possible.
我得珍惜和你的每一分鐘
Yes, you can come to casting.
你們可以來參加選角
And you think it sounds good,
你可能認為創意聽起來不錯
wait till you see it in print.
但是畫出來就更不錯了
"You'll never tell. They'll never be able to."
美麗秘笈不外傳,鞋配美人鞋不語,
I don't know. What do you think, Mr. Butler?
我不知道,你覺得怎么樣,巴特勒先生
I think Ken was right you're a genius.
肯尼說得沒錯,你是個天才
Squareon strategy.
廣告很符合貴公司策略
I think the boys did a good job.
我覺得他們做得很好
The girl should be Europeanlooking.
廣告里的女孩子應該有歐洲人的面貌
Maybe get a French girl.
去找個法國女孩
Great.
沒問題
So?
如何
Sold.
成交
I have to tell you, young man, you really know women.
我跟你說,年輕人,你太了解女人了
I've never heard that before.
從沒人那樣夸過我呢
This really gets inside their heads.
這廣告說到她們心坎里去了
Well, to tell you the truth,
說實話吧
They confuse me.
女人還是讓我疑惑
I mean, I keep thinking about Cinderella.
我是說,我一直在想灰姑娘
We were going to come in here and talk about Cinderella,
我們本打算用灰姑娘作廣告創意
but it's too dark.
但那個太黑暗了
Really?
是嗎
We were kind of hoping for it.
我們有點期待那種風格呢
Nah, I don't think so.
不,我不這么認為
I mean, she's running down this dark side street.
我想的是,她在黑暗的小巷中奔跑
And it's outside a castle,
場景設在城堡外面
So it's got those walls and the cobblestones.
就有那些墻啊,鵝卵石什么的
And she's running, but she's only got
她跑啊跑啊,但是她只穿了
this one incredible shoe for her incredible gown,
配得上她漂亮禮服的鞋子
so she's hobbling, wounded prey.
她跌跌撞撞,就像一只受傷的獵物
She can hear him behind her,
她能聽到后面有人
His measured footsteps catching up.
那人不緊不慢地跟著
She turns a corner. Those big shadows.
她跑過一個轉角,前面是森森的黑影
And she's scared.
她害怕極了
And then she feels a hand on her shoulder
然后突然肩膀上搭上來一只手
And she turns around.
她轉過頭去
And it doesn't matter what he looks like.
他看起來怎么樣已經無所謂了
He's handsome at that moment offering her her shoe.
那一刻他英俊瀟灑至極,他遞給她一只鞋
She takes it.
她拿起鞋子
She knows she's not safe, but she doesn't care.
她知道她還沒脫離危險,但是她不在乎
I guess we know in the end she wants to be caught.
我覺得大家都知道,歸根結底,她渴望被抓住
See? It's too dark.
瞧,是不是太黑暗了
Why don't we do that?
不如我們就做這個吧
The man said sold.
他都已經說了成交了
You wanted cinderella anyway.
你之前就想做灰姑娘的創意
You forgot that. No, I said it was a cliche.
你忘了嗎,不,我說了那是陳詞濫調,
That's because you thought they wouldn't like it,
那是因為你覺得他們會不喜歡
But in your heart you knew it was good.
但是你心里知道那個創意很好
In my heart I'm on the verge of throwing you in front of a cab.
我心里只差那么一點就讓你命喪車輪了
Okay.
好吧
So however proud of yourself you're feeling right now,
所以不管你現在自我感覺多么好
Just know that everything I'm saying has "Or else" after it.
記住我說的一切,都有個"否則"在后面
Don't do that again.
僅此一次,下不為例
Think of those ideas in front of me.
那些創意在我面前說就好
Don't do that again.
下不為例
I gotta make a call.
我去打個電話
He's such a decent guy.
他真是個好人
You know you almost got fired just now.
你知道你差點就丟了飯碗嗎
I don't think you're right about that.
我覺得你說的不對
I'm positive.
我非常確定
Mr. Draper is on line one.
德雷柏先生在1號線
Hello. How'd it go?
喂,會開得怎么樣
Good. What are you up to?
挺好的,你在做什么
I'm keeping your chair warm.
幫你暖椅子
So I'll swing by and get you in an hour?
我一個小時之后去接你
Well, why don't you just go home,
你就直接回家吧
Climb into bed?
上床休息
Really? Yes.
真的嗎,是啊,
I only need another couple of hours.
我過幾個小時就完事了
And, Don, no smoking.
還有,唐,不要抽煙
Mohawk says that l.B.J. is scared
莫霍克的人說林頓o約翰遜
of forcing the mechanics to arbitration
不敢強制仲裁那些技工們
Because he has midterm elections
因為中期選舉馬上要到了
And he's worried about losing the labor vote.
他害怕失去勞工的票數
That's good news. Yes, it is.
好消息,是啊,
The strike's going to go on for at least a couple more weeks
所以罷工至少還得持續幾個禮拜
And Mohawk can sop up all the extra routes.
莫霍克正好可以吞并掉所有多余的航線
So they want us to walk them through the campaign
他們想看看我們的創意
First thing Monday morning.
周一早上立刻進行
A phone call will do. The campaign, of course.
電話里說就行,那個廣告,好的,
We're ready to go.
我們已經準備好了
Have a good weekend.
周末愉快
Damn it.
媽的
Good night everyone, Clara.
晚安各位,晚安,克萊拉
Good night, Mr. Campbell.
晚安,坎貝爾先生
Where's Ginsberg?
金斯伯格去哪了
He's probably everywhere after Don scattered his ashes.
唐應該已經把他的骨灰撒得到處都是了
Apparently he went haywire in the presentation downstairs.
他剛才在樓下做創意展示的時候亂說話
I don't care. Call him.
我不在乎,打給他
I just did. He's not home.
打過了,他不在家
Is he coming back? You know what?
他等下回來嗎,這樣吧,
I'm gonna go out there and find him.
我現在出去找他
I'm going to start the whole world
先從全世界開始
And then I'm going to eventually check my apartment.
最后再去我的公寓找
What are you doing tonight?
你今晚有什么安排
I don't know. What did you have in mind?
不知道,你想做什么
Are you drunk? Get your feet off that desk.
你喝多了吧,把腳從桌上放下來
I need you to work up something for Mohawk.
我需要你幫莫霍克公司想個創意
Oh, I'm sorry.
抱歉
For Mohawk, your, quote, "Man" Is Ginsberg.
你說莫霍克的廣告只能由男人來做
Let's say you were to do this for me
就當你是幫我做的
And on Monday you explain to Ginsberg and Campbell
等周一向金斯伯格和坎貝爾解釋
That I asked you to...
就說是我要你做的
Only I asked you sometime last week.
但要說是上周下達的任務
Do you have a brief?
有摘要我可以看看嗎
Did Ginsberg have a brief? I never told Ginsberg, okay?
金斯伯格那兒有嗎,我完全忘了告訴他,懂嗎,
You have to remember that.
你可要記住了
You know about the airline strike, right?
你知道航空公司罷工的事吧
Yes.
知道
Why is Mohawk still flying?
為什么莫霍克還在飛
Because even though all the other mechanics are on strike
雖然即使其他的公司的技師
Boohoo, they need more wrenches or something
因為想要多點扳手之類的原因在罷工
Mohawk's mechanics have a side deal,
莫霍克和他們的人私下達成了協議
So they have to keep working.
所以他們要繼續工作
They must love that.
他們肯定很高興
Yeah, well, they're going to love the overtime.
是啊,罷工會延長,他們會更"高興"呢
American airlines is taking everything big
美國航空公司將此事看得極為嚴重
And giving their northeast corridor to Mohawk.
把他們的東北航線全讓給莫霍克了
so what do you want?
你想要什么樣的廣告語
How about something like
這個怎么樣
"Mohawk, breaking the strike one flight at a time"?
莫霍克,航班來來往往,罷工各個擊破,
Or maybe "Fly over the picket line with Mohawk"?
或者,莫霍克與您一起飛越罷工封鎖線
Hey, trotsky, you're in advertising.
嘿,革命家,你是做廣告的
Fine. So what's the angle?
好吧,要從什么角度來說
Campbell or I had this idea that it would be something about,
坎貝爾和我達成共識,要做類似...
You know, how times are tough
你看,現在時局不太好
And you can't get anywhere.
你哪里都去不了
So thank god Mohawk is offering emergency service.
但是感謝老天,莫霍克幫你解決了燃眉之急
You don't want to use the word emergency with an airplane.
航空公司的廣告最好不要出現"燃"那種字眼
I don't want to do any of this. I'll see you Monday.
我毫無興趣參與文案方面的事,周一見
Hold on a second.
等一下
You want me to work up
你想讓我一個人
an entire corporate image campaign for $10?
就為了10塊錢想出一整個廣告策劃
I can make you do it for nothing I'm the boss.
我是老板,可以連10塊都不給你
You're right
你說的對
The work is $10, the lie is extra.
工作只收你10塊,幫你撒謊要加錢
Incredible.
厲害啊
What do you make a week, sweetheart?
你一周掙多少,親愛的
Mm, you don't know ? That's helpful.
你不知道啊,那就簡單多了
You know, I can fire you.
你知道嗎,我能炒了你
Great there are some pofolilios in Joan's office.
好啊,瓊的辦公室里還有很多簡歷
Maybe you could find somebody tonight.
希望你今晚能找到合適的人
Why are you doing this to me?
你為什么要這樣對我
Because you're being very demanding
因為你要求太多了
for someone who has no other choice.
你忘了你根本沒什么選擇余地
Dazzle me.
來震撼一下我吧
Fine.
好吧
How much you want?
你要多少
How much you got?
你有多少
$400. Give me all of it.
400塊,都給我吧,
Jesus!
我靠
It better be good.
你最好做好一點
Do you want me to take your watch?
你想讓我連你的表也拿過來嗎
I'm on my way out. Are you staying?
我要走了,你要加班嗎
Hello. Good night.
你好啊,晚安了
Yeah. Something came up.
對,突然有點事
Would you tell Patricia she can go home?
跟帕特麗夏說下她可以走了
Okay.
好的
What are you doing here?
你來干什么
We didn't get to talk.
我們還沒好好談談呢
We've done all the talking we're ever going to do.
該談的我們都談過了
Are you Okay?
你沒事吧
How the hell did you get in here?
你他媽是怎么進來的
I have a way with doormen.
我對門衛使了點小手段
I have some bad news for you.
告訴你個壞消息
You can either take the steps or you can go off the balcony
你要么從樓梯下去,要么從陽臺跳出去
Because if you run into my wife on the way out of here,
因為你如果出去的時候遇到我妻子
You're going to wish you had.
你會覺得生不如死
Ooh, forceful.
噢,好嚇人
My, oh, my.
哎喲喂
Everybody probably thinks that she did this,
很多人都會覺得你家里是賢內助設計裝修的
But I know it was you.
但我知道,都是你干的
You really should go. I gotta lie down.
你趕緊走吧,我得躺一會兒
I'll take the steps.
那我還是走樓梯吧
You know what take the service elevator.
算了,走員工通道吧
Goodbye. I'm sorry.
再見,對不起
You've gotta understand.
希望你能諒解
Are you okay?
你還好嗎
Please, you have to go.
求你了,快走吧
It was just sex. It doesn't mean anything.
只是場一夜情而已,并不代表什么
I'm sorry. I've gotta lie down.
對不起,我要躺一會兒
The girl under the bed oh!
躲在床下的那女孩
I'd be surprised if she could ever talk again.
我都懷疑她從此不會再說話了
That poor thing paralyzed with fear
太可憐了,完全被嚇癱了
While he opened that door eight times
他開了八次門
And dragged another one out?
然后又拉出來一個
And that...
然后
No, as much as I'd love to go,
不行,我雖然很想去
I can't make any plans
但是只要他們不溜達回來
until they waltz through that door.
我什么計劃都不敢定
You need to take out the trash.
把垃圾扔了去
Right now?
現在嗎
Take out the trash or you can go to bed right now,
不扔垃圾的話就到床上睡覺去
Watch the sun set from your bedroom window.
躺在床上透過窗戶看日落
It's the saddest thing in the world.
那簡直是世上最悲涼的事情了
If I take out the trash, will you tell me about the murder?
要是我把垃圾扔了,你能告訴我兇殺案的事嗎
No. I will not bargain with you.
不行,我才不跟你討價還價
How old are you?
你多大了
That's something we girls keep to ourselves.
我們女人對年齡向來都是保密的
Was your mom strict?
你母親對你很嚴格嗎
No, but my father was and I'm a better person for it.
不,但我爸很嚴格,因此我才能成才
I know you don't think so, but I'm a good person.
我知道你不相信,但我的確是好人
Sally, I just think someone in your world needs to discipline you
薩麗,我覺得你需要一個好好管教你的人
So you can start acting like an adult.
那樣你才能像個大人樣兒
My fath my father.
我爸,我父親
I remember one time he was sleeping on the couch in the living room
我記得有一次他在客廳沙發上睡覺
and I walked by.
我從旁邊走過
And all of a sudden, out of nowhere,
然后突然之間,不知道怎么回事
he kicked me so hard that I actually flew across the room
他一腳把我踹到房間另一邊去了
And hit a piece of furniture.
就撞在家具上
And then he looked at me and he said,
然后他看著我說
"That's for nothing, so look out."
踢你不為什么,以后當心點兒,
That's not very nice.
那太可怕了
No, but it was valuable advice.
沒錯,但那是彌足珍貴的教導
When in doubt, go with the most expensive, right, pops?
拿不準的時候就點最貴的,對吧,老爸
I don't want any wine.
我不想喝酒
Okay, can we all cheer up, please?
你們可以都高興點兒嗎
We're together, I have a new baby boy,
家人團聚,我有了個兒子
Not to mention this place costs a fortune.
何況這地方貴的嚇人
So how are we starting? The lovely senora?
諸位想點些什么,這位高貴的女士
I'll have a gin fizz.
給我杯杜松子泡沫酒
Everybody else is having wine,
其他人喝紅酒
but you have to give me a second.
我還要等一會兒
How are you doing?
你怎么樣
Can't complain.
挺好的
Enjoy yourself.
玩得開心點
Thank you. You, too, sir.
謝謝長官,也祝您開心
First armored division. Fort hood.
他是胡德堡第一裝甲師的
Do you want me to come back?
我可以待會兒再過來嗎
No, but you can recommend something.
不了,你推薦兩個菜吧
Are you in a rush?
你很忙嗎
No, it's just that I got a bunch of tables.
不忙,有好幾桌需要照應
Well, I'm sorry if that little display of respect
很抱歉對顧客的尊重
is slowing you down,
耽誤你的時間了
But a lot of kids your age would be thrilled
你知道有多少你這個年紀的孩子
to be waiting tables tonight.
削尖了腦袋想在這兒等人點菜
I'm sorry, sir. Of course.
對不起,先生,確實,
This is a nice one.
這個不錯
Thank you. That would be perfect.
謝謝,那就要這個吧
The scampi looks very good.
挪威海螯蝦好像很美味嘛
I'm sorry, this is a painful charade.
對不起,我實在演不下去了
Mom, please. I just don't understand it.
媽,別這樣,我就是想不通,
Everyone else is trying to come home.
其他人都想著回家
Ruth, Greg is facing this with great bravery
魯絲,格雷格正以勇敢的態度面度這一切
and I'm proud of him.
我為他驕傲
He did his time.
他已經服滿兵役了
You've got to talk him out of it.
你必須勸他退出來
Mom, I don't want your grandson hearing this argument.
媽,我可不想你孫子聽到這場爭執
Joe, you were in the service.
喬,你不是做過公職嗎
Can't you write a letter to your congressman
你就不能寫信給議員
and tell him he's got a family
說明他現在拖家帶口呢
Why? Is some congressman
干嘛,找個議員就能
going to talk him out of going back?
說動他不回去當兵了
I don't understand.
我真搞不懂
I'm putting a moratorium on this conversation.
打斷你們一下
Now we are either going to have this dinner
我們今天要么吃完這頓
that I've been dreaming about for months
我想念已久的團圓飯
or we can all go home.
要么各回各家
He didn't tell you about it.
他還沒告訴你
Of course not.
當然不會了
What is she talking about?
她在說什么呢
Did you have a say in this?
你對我隱瞞了什么嗎
You're a father now.
你已經身為人父了
What? Joanie, calm down.
什么,瓊妮,別激動,
You volunteered?
你主動要求的?
They need me.
他們需要我
You know, Joanie plays the accordion.
你們知道嗎,瓊妮也會拉手風琴
Hello?
有人嗎
Hello?
有人嗎
Is somebody here?
有人在嗎
What are you doing?
你在干什么
I fell asleep.
我睡著了
Well, it's time to go home.
該回家了
I will, in a bit.
我會的,過一會兒
Come on, I don't want to walk out alone.
走吧,我不想一個人走出去
I don't know. I think I'll just stay here.
我不知道,我還是待在這里吧
You can hop in a cab.
你可以搭的士
I happen to have a lot of cash for once.
我剛好有不少現金
Even if a cab was going to take me,
就算的士愿意搭載我
they're not going to take me past 96th street.
他們也不會把我送過96街
Really?
真的嗎
Well, then, take the subway.
那就坐地鐵吧
My brother won't let me
我弟弟不讓我
You know, with everything that's happening in Chicago.
因為芝加哥發生的虐殺事件
Well, you're not a nurse.
你又不是護士
Oh, right.
哦,對噢
Is there a riot in Harlem?
黑人住宅區有暴亂嗎
There was a thing in BedStuy.
貝德斯都區不太安寧(紐約貧民窟)
There's a lot of police.
那里有很多警察
Well, I know that doesn't make it safer.
我知道警察再多也沒用
My boyfriend's in Chicago. He's covering the riots.
我男友在芝加哥,他在報道暴亂
Is that right?
是嗎
Why don't you stay with me tonight?
你今晚何不和我一起住
I've stayed here before. I'll be fine.
我以前在這里睡過,沒事的
Get your things.
拿上東西走吧
Are you asleep?
你睡著了嗎
Oh, you're home.
你回來了
You're mumbling.
你在說胡話
How the hell did you get in here?
你是怎么進來的
I was worried about you.
我擔心你
You left the back door unlocked.
你忘記鎖后門了
Why can't you leave me alone?
你能不能別煩我了
I can't.
我不能
You have to.
你必須那樣
We're alone.
孤男寡女
I just want it fast.
我想速戰速決
No.
不,
I know she's coming home.
我知道她會回家
I'll be gone. I promise.
我不會讓她撞見,我保證
Andrea.
安德莉亞
I can feel you against me.
我能感到你在頂著我
Remember that night at Lincoln Center
還記得那晚在林肯中心
when you took me back to the loading dock?
你帶我回碼頭嗎
Your wife was waiting inside.
你妻子就在里面等著
So it's just me, my brother, who's 19,
只有我,我弟弟,他19歲
and my mother, who says she's 39.
還有我媽媽,她"聲稱"自己39歲
Like Jack Benny.
就像杰克o本尼一樣, (60年代喜劇演員,聲稱自己永遠39歲)
Is your brother in school?
你哥哥在上學嗎
No. He delivers furniture
沒有,他給人運送家具
and argues with my mother about joining the army.
還跟母親吵著要參軍
You were saying something in the taxi about Don and I cut you off.
坐出租車時你提到了唐,被我打斷了
No, I was finished.
不,我說完了
You can talk to me.
你可以告訴我的
I was his secretary, you know?
我曾是他的秘書,知道嗎
You were?
真的嗎
So how did you I didn't even ask for it.
那你怎么會... 成為文案并非我的本意,
Sometimes they drag the secretaries in
有時他們讓秘書參與
for focus groups to try things
焦點小組研究
and I was discovered...
然后我就被發掘了...
Like Esther Blodgett.
跟大明星伊瑟o布洛吉特一樣
Oh, god, I'm really drunk.
上帝啊,我真醉了
Y'all drink a lot.
你們都很能喝
So what were you going to say?
你當時到底想說什么
I was going to say
我想說...
Go ahead. You can talk.
說吧,不用怕
I'm trying to. Oh.
我正準備說, 哦,
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I was going to say I hope you won't
我當時想說,請不要告訴
tell Mr. Draper about me sleeping there.
德雷柏先生我睡在那里
You two talk sometimes.
你們常一起談話
Nah.
不會啦
We have to stick together.
我們必須團結一致
I know we're not really in the same situation,
我知道我們的情況不太一樣
But I was the only one like me there for a long time.
但我也曾一人,孤獨地在公司撐了很久
I know it's hard.
我知道很難
I appreciate that.
謝謝你的理解
Do you want to be a copywriter?
你想當文案嗎
No. I like my job.
不,我喜歡我的工作
Yep.
好的
You're right.
你說的對
Copywriter's tough,
當文案太艱難
Especially for a woman.
尤其對女人來說
Do you think I act like a man?
你覺得我言行像男人嗎
I guess you have to a little.
我想你必須那樣吧
I try, but...
我努力,但是...
I don't know if I have it in me.
但我不確定自己是否有那個能力
I don't know if I want to.
我不確定自己是否想那樣
I'm sorry. I can't sleep.
對不起,我睡不著
Well, you cannot sneak up on someone my age,
你不該驚嚇我這種老年人
especially in this house.
尤其在這房子里
I'm scared.
我害怕
Can I sit with you?
我能和你坐在一起嗎
Only for a bit.
只準坐一會兒
What's that for?
為什么拿刀
Why are you scared?
你為什么害怕
I read the newspaper.
我讀報紙了
Oh, honey.
哦,親愛的
Did you pull it out of the trash?
你是從垃圾桶里撿出來的吧
Why did that man do that?
那個男人為什么那樣做
Well, probably because heates his mother.
也許他恨他的母親吧
I don't understand what happened.
我不明白發生了什么
What happened?
發生了什么
Those girls got ready for bed
那些女孩準備睡覺時
and there was a knock on the door,
敲門聲響起
and a handsome man was there.
一個英俊的男人站在門外
And maybe one of them knew him,
也許她們中一個人認識他
but probably not
但更可能不認識
because he was probably just watching them from afar.
因為他也許一直在遠處觀察她們
All those young, innocent nurses
那些年輕,天真的護士們
in their short uniforms
穿著短制服
Stirring his desire.
攪起他的欲望
For what?
什么欲望
What do you think?
你覺得呢
You're old enough to know.
以你的年紀應該知道了
Why didn't they run away?
她們為什么不逃
Because they were scared.
因為她們太害怕了
They probably thought, "He can't rape nine of us."
她們可能是想,他總不可能一下子強奸9個吧
Why not?
為什么不行
You just can't.
就是"做"不到
They didn't know it was going to be worse than that.
她們不知道情形會比強奸可怕的多
They didn't know what was in store for them.
她們不知道接下來會發生什么
Now I'm really scared.
我好怕
It's not going to happen,
我們不會有事
Not while I've got my burglar alarm.
我拿著"防盜警報器"呢
How am I going to sleep?
叫我如何睡得著
Get the water.
端著水
What's that?
那是什么
It's seconal.
安眠藥
Do you know how to take a pill?
知道怎么吃藥嗎
you two stop it.
別吵了
Damn it, Joanie!
見鬼,瓊妮
Stop it. Gail, out!
別吵了,格爾,滾出去,
Take him out of here!
帶著他滾出去
Open this door or I will kick it down!
開門,不然我踢了它
Who goes back?
誰會主動回戰場去
I will throw a parade for you every day
我愿意每天敲鑼打鼓歌頌你
to thank you for preserving freedom.
為保衛自由做出的貢獻
It's done.
已經定下來了
Well, you can't make a decision like that without me
你不能私自做決定,毫不顧及我的想法
and you have never understood that.
你從來都不明白那一點
If this was world war II and the japs were still attacking us,
若這是二戰期間,小日本正攻擊我們
You'd say, "Yes, of course!"
你肯定會說,去吧,上戰場吧
Soldiers wanted to come home from world war II also!
二戰中的士兵也都夢想著能早日回家
I've got my orders, you've got yours.
我有我的使命要執行,你有你的
Where are you going?
你去哪兒
To meet the boys for a drink.
出去找弟兄們喝酒
He just needs to blow off steam.
他只是需要發泄怒氣
Don't get involved, mother.
你別多事,媽
You're a military wife. You make sacrifices.
你是軍人的妻子,必須作出犧牲
Someone's Kevin is over there and he's going to get hurt
別人家的兒子在戰場上,萬一受傷
and Greg won't be there.
而格雷格又不在場救治
But our Kevin is right in there and he doesn't care.
那我們的兒子呢,他卻一點都不在乎
It's a year. You can do it.
一年而已,你能做到的
I'll help.
我會幫你
No.
不,
Go lie down.
去躺下
You don't even know how tired you are.
你都不知道自己有多累
I hope you don't mind the couch.
希望你不介意睡沙發
Since my roommate moved to the other room,
自從我室友搬走
I just have a pile of Abe's clothes.
我就有了一堆艾博的衣服
This is perfect.
這樣就很好
Well, good night, then.
那晚安吧
II'll justI'll throw these out.
我,我來把垃圾扔掉
Thanks.
謝謝
Good night.
晚安
I'll see you later.
回頭見
No, you won't.
不,不用見了
Don't argue with me.
別跟我爭
I have to get out of here.
我得走了
Hotel next time?
下次去旅館?
No next time.
沒有下次
That was a mistake.
剛剛是個錯誤
A mistake you love making.
你最愛犯的那種錯
I'd better not see you again.
我們最好別再相見
You're not going to ruin this.
你別想毀了我的婚姻
You loved it.
你以前很喜歡偷情
And you'll love it again
也會再次喜歡的
Because you are a sick, sick
因為你是個病態的...
Hello? We're home.
有人嗎,我們回來了
Ma.
媽,
Ma.
媽,
What's going on?
怎么回事
Where's Sally?
薩麗呢
Sally?
薩麗
Sally?
薩麗
How are you feeling?
感覺怎么樣
Where were you?
你去哪了
I was right there.
我就在你身邊啊
You're burning up.
你發燒了
No, last night.
不,我說昨晚
I was waiting for you.
我一直在等你
I came right home.
我很快就回家了呀
You were a mess. I was really worried.
你當時看上去很糟糕,我很擔心你
You don't have to worry about me.
不必擔心我
Okay.
好吧
There are some scrambled eggs in the bowl
碗里有炒雞蛋
And I made flapjacks.
我還做了烙餅
Just coffee.
我只要咖啡
Where's Kevin?
凱文呢
You slept a long time.
你睡了很久
He was awake and went back to bed already.
他醒來過,然后又睡了
I barely slept at all.
我幾乎沒有睡著
I've been thinking about it and...
我一直在想那事
I want you to go.
我想你離開
I'll put this away.
我去收拾一下
I'm glad you came around.
很高興你想通了
It's only a year.
一年而已
No. I want you to go and never come back.
不,我希望你離開,永遠別回來
Damn it, Joanie. They need me.
見鬼,瓊妮,他們需要我
Well, then, it works out, because we don't.
那問題解決了,因為我們不需要你
I'm very important there.
我在那里很重要
I have 20 docs and medics who rely on me.
有20位醫護人員依賴于我
They look to me for my skill and leadership.
指望著我的醫療技術和領導能力
I'm glad the army makes you feel like a man,
我很高興軍隊讓你找回男人的自信
Because I'm sick of trying to do it.
我實在厭惡了迎合你
The army makes me feel like a good man.
軍隊讓我覺得自己是個好男人
You're not a good man.
你不是好男人
You never were, even before we were married,
你從來不是,從我們結婚前就不是
and you know what I'm talking about.
你知道我在說什么
If I walk out that door, that's it.
若我走出那扇門,我們就完了
That's it.
那就完了吧
It's over.
都結束了