Daddy?
爸爸
Daddy'll be there in a minute.
爸爸馬上就來
Spring is officially here.
春天終于來了
The baby asparagus are out.
春筍都已經破土了
You know, I think we should put in corn this year.
我覺得今年我們應該種玉米
It'd be great for the kids.
對孩子們來講也是好事
They could play hide and seek
他們可以在玉米地里
in the corn patch.
玩捉迷藏
We could make a scarecrow.
我們還可以做個稻草人
Mommy?
媽媽
Julia!
茱莉亞
Hey, Thomas, what are you...?
托馬斯,你在干啥
Um, Grace, can you save the... the toilet paper?
格蕾絲,你能不能救救那些手紙
Earth to Grace?
神游外太空呢
Does this look like the doctor?
畫的像不像那個醫生
I don't remember.
我不記得了
Hey, let's make a big building.
咱們來蓋個大高樓吧
Daddy's home! How's my two rug rats?
爸爸回來啦,我的兩個小淘氣呢
How was your day?
今天過得怎么樣
It was good.
還不錯
This march is gonna be amazing!
這次的游行一定會很棒
These people are really inspiring.
那些人太振奮人心了
They're so organized, and there's lots
他們很有組織性
of professors and college grads.
有很多教授和大學生
You wouldn't believe
你根本無法想象
the great people out there fighting the good fight.
有這么多優秀的人在為正義而奮斗
Two toddlers at the march. Sounds like hell to me.
讓兩個小孩去參加游行,聽著就害怕
So we'll stick 'em in their strollers!
可以讓他們坐在兒童車里
We're gonna march all the way from Roxbury
我們要以一家人的身份
to the Boston Common as a family,
從羅克斯伯一直游行到波士頓市區
and there'll be thousands of people just like us.
有很多跟我們一樣的人
Back me up here, Grace!
幫我說句話啊,格蕾絲
I can stay here with them.
我可以留下來照顧他們
Do you think those pictures might be too much for the kids?
你覺不覺得把那些畫給孩子們看不太合適
Come here, little guy.
過來吧,小家伙
Come here.
到這來
I will say this, Grace.
我這么說吧,格蕾絲
You're really talented.
你真的很有才華
I must be losing my touch.
我挑不起你的興趣了么
No, you still got it.
你很能挑我興趣的
What, is this about Grace?
那是什么,因為格蕾絲嗎
In the last few weeks,
這幾周來
everything she draws is aliens and the abduction.
她總是畫些外星人和綁架的事
She's obsessed it's all she ever talks about.
她都入迷了,腦子里全是這些
Something you never talk about at all.
而你卻只字不提
Everybody processes things differently.
每個人處理事情的方式都不同
Grace is just trying to work through
格蕾絲只是用自己的方式
what they did to her in her own way.
努力接受她所遭受的一切
No. She's dwelling on the past
才不是,她沉湎于過去
because she's unhappy in the present.
因為她對現狀不滿意
You need to spend more time with her.
你需要多花時間陪陪她
We're not on a schedule, Alma.
這又不是排日程,艾爾瑪
I'm not punching a time clock.
又不是為了完成什么任務
We're just trying to do what comes natural.
感情的事要自然而然,水到渠成
She needs you, Kit.
她需要你,基特
Go to her.
去陪她吧
You're up late.
你還沒睡啊
Had to get it down on paper
我得在忘記之前
before it disappears from my head.
趕緊把它畫下來
Is this how you remember it?
這跟你印象中一樣嗎
I guess so.
我想是的
I'm not doing it for me.
我不是為了自己
It's for our children, Kit.
是為了我們的孩子,基特
They need to know where they came from.
他們需要知道自己來自哪里
Alma's worried.
艾爾瑪很擔心你
She wants to forget the past.
她想忘記過去
But those are not the memories I'm scared of.
但我所懼怕的并非這段記憶
Memories of that black night.
而是那個黑暗夜晚的回憶
Those feelings, when I lost control of myself.
那些完全失控的感覺
That's what makes me afraid.
那才是我所懼怕的
You're a different person now.
你現在和以前不一樣了
Kit?
基特
Kit?! Kit?!
基特,基特
Kit, it's them! They've come for us!
基特,是他們,他們來找我們了
Don't let them take us. Help me with the babies!
別讓他們抓住我們,跟我去看看孩子
Shit! You got it?
該死,你搞的定嗎
Yeah. Come on out!
可以,快出來
Those bastards!
這幫混蛋
I know who tried to burn down my house.
我知道是誰放的火
It was Billy and his friends. Billy Marshall.
是比利和他的狐朋狗友,比利·馬修
I thought you said you were inside when it happened.
你不是說案發時你在屋里嗎
Did you see him?
你看見他了
Not exactly,
沒看見
but it was his truck.
但那是他的卡車
There are lots of trucks, Mr. Walker.
這里有很多卡車,沃克先生
I know he did it.
我知道就是他干的
If you don't arrest him,
如果你不把他抓起來
I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect my family.
我就得采取一切手段保護我家人
I heard about your family.
我聽說了你的家人
You're the father of two children.
你是兩個孩子的父親
One Caucasian, one Negro.
一個是白種,一個是黑種
What does that got to do with anything?
這跟今晚的事有什么關系
You know polygamy is illegal
你知道一夫多妻制
in the state of Massachusetts.
在馬薩諸塞州是違法的
Police are going to be no help.
警察不會幫我們了
Where's Alma?
艾爾瑪呢
She's crying in her room.
在她房間里哭呢
She thought it was the creatures coming back for her.
她以為是那些外星生物來抓她了
She's inconsolable.
她崩潰了
You okay?
你還好么
I'm strong, remember?
我很堅強的,記得么
I better go to her.
我最好去看看她
That's what I was thinking. Go.
我也是這么想的,去吧
Oui! Good!
沒錯,真棒
Don't worry about it.
不用你管
Okay. Okay.
好了,好了
All right.
沒事了
What's wrong with you?
你怎么了
Is it because Kit has been spending more time with me?
是因為基特最近陪我的時間比較多么
That was my idea, remember?
是我讓他去的,記得么
Ever since those boys attacked us...
自從那幫男生燒了咱家房子...
I don't care about those boys.
我說的不是那些男生
So it's me. I'm done with the alien talk.
所以就是我的問題,我不想再討論外星人了
It was the worst thing that ever happened to me,
那是我這輩子最糟的經歷
and you act like it was a religious experience.
你卻表現得像是一場奇幻旅程
Because it was. Alma...
因為本來就是,艾爾瑪
They brought me back to life.
他們讓我復活了
They gave us these amazing children.
他們給了我們如此可愛的孩子
How can you not be grateful? Grateful?!
你怎能對此毫不感激,感激
They snatched me from this house,
他們把我從這房子里抓走
stripped me down, threw me on a metal slab
剝光我,把我扔在一塊金屬板上
and stuck metal probes inside of me.
把金屬探測器插進我體內
Hey, this is good.
這樣很好
You need to talk about it.
你需要把一切說出來
Maybe together, we can understand what it meant.
也許我們的記憶拼在一起,就能知道它們的目的
It meant nothing, Grace!
它們沒有目的,格蕾絲
It was senseless cruelty.
它們無情又殘酷
They were like little boys plucking wings off a butterfly.
就像是小男孩摘掉蝴蝶翅膀一樣殘忍
No, I don't believe that for a second.
不,我完全不相信
They're so far ahead of us.
他們比我們先進太多
These children are our living proof.
這些孩子是活生生的證據
Some day, they'll come back for them.
總有一天,它們會為了孩子們回來的
No. Listen, Grace. I don't want them to come back.
不,聽著,格蕾絲,我不想它們回來
And these children have nothing to do with them.
這些孩子與他們無關
If you do anything to try and call them back here...
如果你敢做任何事把他們招回來...
Of course they'll come back... for Kit.
他們一定會回來的,為了基特
They chose him because
他們選擇他
his mind is so open,
因為他思想開放
because he has incredible empathy for every living thing.
他對所有的生物都可以產生共鳴
Do not talk to me about Kit.
別和我談論基特
I married him, remember?
我嫁給他了,記得不
Before all of this madness, we lived together
在這些瘋狂的事情發生以前
in this house, as husband and wife.
我們是夫妻,住在這間房里
You really think your life was so much better before?
你真的覺得之前的生活比現在好嗎
Before my husband brought home an axe murderer? Yes.
在我老公帶回來個劊子手以前嗎,是的
They locked you away for a reason, Grace.
他們把你關起來是有原因的,格蕾絲
Well, at least I wasn't the one locking myself away.
至少我沒封閉我自己的世界
Is this the way you want Julia to grow up?
你想要茱莉亞這樣長大嗎
Ashamed of who she is?
為自己的身份感到恥辱
Grace, I am so sorry.
格蕾絲,真的很抱歉
I've never done that before.
我以前從沒這么做過
What's going on?
發生什么事了
Let's have a family meeting.
來開個家庭會議吧
I'm done. No more meetings.
我受夠了,沒有任何家庭會議了
Mommy?
媽媽
Grace?
格蕾絲
Do you ever sleep?
你一直沒睡嗎
Not if I can help it.
沒完成之前我不想睡
I've spent my whole life asleep and locked away.
過去的生命我都在沉睡,封閉自我
So much time already wasted.
浪費了那么多時間
I won't waste another moment.
我不會再浪費時間了
I understand.
我懂的
I know you do.
我知道你懂我
I love you, Kit.
我愛你,基特
And Alma.
以及艾爾瑪
And our sweet, beautiful miracle babies.
以及我們可愛美麗的,天賜的孩子們
Our life here has been more precious
我們的生活比我過去想象的
than I could have dreamed.
更加珍貴美好
But something's changed.
但有些東西變了
I won't live in fear and isolation.
我不想生活在恐懼和孤獨中
Not anymore.
再也不想了
Not again.
再也不要了
The future is coming, Kit,
無論如何,基特
no matter what.
未來近在眼前了
We can't hide from it.
我們不能逃避掩蓋它
We have to engage with it.
我們要去適應它
We have to embrace it.
我們要擁抱迎接未來
Locked doors and shuttered windows won't keep it out.
緊閉門窗縮在窩里,并不能阻止它的到來
Alma needs to understand that.
艾爾瑪得明白這道理
We have to open...
我們必須張開...
Alma!
艾爾瑪
What are you doing?!
你在干什么
Alma!
艾爾瑪
What have you done?! She wanted to bring them back into our home!
你做了什么,她想把那些怪物召回來
I couldn't let her.
我不能讓她這么做
We have to... we have to hide.
我們得,我們得藏起來
We have to hide. Kit, we have to hide.
我們得藏起來,基特,必須藏起來
Daddy?
爸爸
Daddy'll be there in a minute.
爸爸馬上就來
Your move, boss.
該你了,老大
We interrupt this program to bring you
我們中斷節目,現在為您播放
an emergency broadcast from President Johnson.
約翰遜總統的緊急廣播
Snake eyes.
兩點
Gum Drop Mountain is mine, chickens.
口香糖山是我的了,小子們
America is shocked and saddened
美國人民今晚為馬丁·路德·金博士
by the brutal slaying tonight
被殘酷殺害的事實
of Dr. Martin Luther King.
感到震驚悲痛
If you want to get through Peppermint Stick Forest,
如果你想到達薄荷棍森林
you got to go through me.
你就得經過我的地兒
I ask every citizen
我呼吁所有公民
to reject the blind violence...
拒絕盲目的暴力行為
Percy! Knock it off!
珀西,放棄吧
His lithium levels are way too high.
他的鋰水平太高了
Dr. Miller should check them, okay?
米勒醫生應該檢測下,對吧
I pray that his family...
我祈禱他的家人
can find comfort in the memory
可以在他為這片土地
of all he tried to do for the land...
所做的貢獻中找到安慰
Martha.
瑪莎
Your move.
該你了
Jude.
裘德
May I have a word, please?
能和你談談嗎,拜托了
Do you hear something?
你聽到什么了嗎
He couldn't mean me.
他說的肯定不是我
Jude is dead.
裘德已經死了
I was renamed...
我被重新命名為
what was it?
什么來著
Betty Drake.
貝蒂·德瑞克
Yeah, Betty Drake.
對,貝蒂·德瑞克
Please, Jude, don't be childish.
拜托了,裘德,別這么幼稚
Childish?
幼稚
Hell, I'm the queen of Candy Land.
我現在是糖果島的女王了
A short audience, Your Majesty.
就簡單的接見我下吧,陛下
You're leaving Briarcliff?
你要離開荊棘崖了
But you're not leaving the Church.
但你沒有離開教會
On the contrary.
正相反
I've been appointed Cardinal.
我被提拔為紅衣主教了
Of New York.
管轄紐約
Well, good for you.
那不錯啊
You had a dream, you made it come true.
你有個夢想,并實現了它
You should also know that
我得告訴你
the Church is relinquishing ownership of Briarcliff.
教會放棄了荊棘崖的所有權
We've donated it to the state.
我們把它獻給了國家
They'll use it as an overflow facility.
他們會把它建成一個溢流設施
Jude...
裘德
I cannot leave here knowing I've left you behind to rot.
我不能就這么離開,讓你在這自生自滅
I'm arranging for your release.
我會安排你的釋放
I'm gonna get you out.
我會把你帶出去
The cruelty ends here.
這兒的殘酷生活結束了
The cruelest thing of all, Timothy,
蒂莫西,世界上最殘酷的事就是
is false hope.
讓人徒生希望
I promise.
我保證
I will make you a believer, Jude.
我會使你成為信徒的,裘德
It's your move, boss.
該你了,老大
What are you doing here?
你來這兒做什么
Me and my girls just got transferred in from County.
我和我的姐妹們剛從縣里轉移到這兒
I didn't call for you.
我沒有召喚你啊
What? I need an appointment to see Your Highness?
什么,我還需要請示才能來見您嗎,殿下
Get her. Royalty.
聽見了吧,人家可是皇室
Queen bee, or so I hear.
我聽說你是這里的蜂后
You don't belong here.
你不屬于這里
Yeah, that's what I told the judge.
是啊,我也是這么跟法官說的
He disagreed.
但他可不這么認為
Hell...
該死的
most of my socalled victims
我那些所謂的受害者,大部分都靠
were living off government checks anyway spongers.
政府支票為生,一群寄生蟲
They'd spend their dole on liquor and gambling
在我連租金都還沒見到時
before I'd ever see a rent check.
他們就把救濟金花在了飲酒賭博上了
I thought I was doing the taxpayer a service.
我認為我是做納稅人的服務
I know who you are.
我知道你是誰
My reputation precedes me.
我名聲在外
Good.
很好
Then you know how things are going to go around here.
那你就該知道這里該怎么辦了吧
You get one chance to be part of this with me.
你有機會能和我合作
What?
什么
I hear you're the gal to talk to
據說如果想搞清楚這里的狀況
when it comes to the way things run around here.
就該找你聊聊
You can either rule this roost with me,
你是和我一起管理這個鬼地方
or just be one more dumb cluck.
還是讓這里再多一個傻瓜
Think it over.
好好想想吧
Storm clouds are gathering, Pepper.
烏云正在聚集,小胡椒
I can see them coming on the horizon.
我看見它們即將來臨
I hope the monsignor
我希望主教大人能夠
is true to his promise and acts quickly.
快些兌現他的承諾
You know you can't put stock into his promises, Jude.
你不能全指著他的承諾,裘德
No, you're being too harsh.
你也太蠻不講理了
I saw something in his eyes.
我在他眼里看到了希望
There's nothing there.
他的眼里什么都沒有
More souls to take care of.
又是一些需要照顧的靈魂
God help us all.
幫幫我們吧,上帝
I'll say a prayer for your mother's
我會為你母親祈禱
speedy recovery, Jorge.
趕緊好起來,喬治
Yeah, but you should pray too.
你也應該祈禱
Thanks, Betty, I'll do that.
謝了,貝蒂,我會的
Lights out in ten minutes.
十分鐘后熄燈
Hello, gorgeous.
你好啊,美女
I'm on top.
我睡上鋪
What's she doing here? She's your new roommate.
她在這兒做什么,她是你的新室友
Everyone doubles up, Betty.
所有人都是兩人間,貝蒂
No!
不
No.
不要
I don't know what song was playing in your head,
我不知道你腦子里在打什么算盤
but I don't want you here.
但我不想看到你
I'm not ready.
我還沒準備好
You lose something, honey?
你掉了些東西吧,親愛的
Yeah. My cigarettes.
我的香煙
You took them.
原來是你拿走了
Everything in this cell belongs to me.
這間房的所有東西都屬于我
That includes you.
包括你
Why are you doing this?
你為什么要這么做
Why now?
為什么現在來
I'm so close to getting out.
我馬上就要出去了
What are you talking about?
你在說什么呢
Everyone knows there's only one way out of Briarcliff,
大家都知道離開荊棘崖只有一個方法
and it ain't the front door.
那可不是從前門走出去
You're toying with me.
你在玩我
Babycakes, I'm only just starting to toy with you.
寶貝兒,這只是前戲呢
When I get going,
等我正式開始
you'll be begging for more.
你會祈求得到更多的
You'll be shaking and moaning.
你會開始顫抖,呻吟
You stay away from me.
離我遠點
Don't be that way.
不要這樣嘛
Here.
來吧
Drag.
吸一口
Calm your frazzled nerves.
平靜下你那疲憊的神經
You stay away from me.
離我遠點
You just stay away from me!
快離我遠點
I don't want anything to do with you.
我不想跟你一起做任何事
You'll change your tune.
你會改變想法的
You okay, boss?
你還好嗎,老大
You look a little green around the gills.
你臉色有點蒼白
Trouble sleeping.
睡得不好
They gave me a roommate.
他們給我安排了室友
Stacking us up like cord wood.
把我們堆起來像繩子綁住的稻草垛
My, my, my.
喲,喲,喲
What you doing over here all by your lonesome?
你自己一人在這兒做什么呢
Don't go hopping off too far,
不要走得太遠
my little chocolate bunny.
我親愛的巧克力小妞
Hey, Rummy.
嘿,拉米
Marge here says you ain't been cooperating.
瑪吉說你不合作
She says you've been taking your meds.
她說你拿走了你的藥
My meds. Yes, I took them.
我的藥,是的,我拿走了
Down the hatch.
都吞了下去
Just 12 pills.
只有12顆藥丸
12 pills a day...
一天12片
keeps the doctor away.
醫生就不見
No, see, you weren't supposed to take them.
不,你不應該拿走它們
You were supposed to squirrel them away.
你應該把它們都攢起來
I told you how, remember, Rummy?
我告訴過你怎么做,還記得嗎,拉米
I also told you what would happen
我還告訴過你不按我說的做
if you didn't do as I said.
后果會是如何
Everyone can see
所有人都看到
you're challenging me, rummy.
是你在挑戰我,拉米
We can't have that.
我們不允許
Give me a kiss, sweetheart.
親愛的,來吻我吧
No, get off of me.
不要,給我滾開
I don't want to die.
我不想死
She tried to kiss me!
她要親我
She's death! I've seen her before!
她是死神,我以前見過她
I've seen her before! Crazy goddamn bitch.
我見過她,這臭婊子瘋了
I ain't rooming with her.
我不跟她住一起
She tried to kill me!
她想殺了我
This is wrong.
不對
It's all wrong.
都不對
Betty Drake.
貝蒂·德瑞克
What are we going to do with you?
你在自言自語些什么
Betty...
貝蒂
Do you know where you are?
你知道你在哪兒嗎
In my o...
在我辦公室
In your office.
在你辦公室里
And do you know who I am?
那你知道我是誰嗎
Uh... Dr. Crump? Correct.
克倫普醫生,沒錯
I hear you've had a bit of a dustup with your new roommate.
我聽說你和新室友大干了一架
I was... I...
我當時
I thought she...
我以為她
I don't like her.
我不待見她
You haven't liked any of the women you've roomed with.
你從來就沒有待見過你的任何室友
That's five in two months.
兩個月換了五個
What?
什么
There are no single rooms here at Briarcliff, Betty. You know that.
貝蒂,荊棘崖可沒有單人間,你懂的
Unless you want to go back to solitary.
除非你想關禁閉
I know you spent quite a bit of time there when you first arrived,
我知道你剛來時待在那兒的時間可不少
but you don't want to go back there, do you, Betty?
但你不想再被關吧,是嗎,貝蒂
No. Good.
不想,很好
Then I can count on you to make more of an effort
那我就相信你會更加努力
to get along with your roommate.
跟你室友處好關系
Has the monsignor left any word?
主教有留下什么話嗎
The monsignor?
主教
I need to speak to him.
我得和他談談
I need to speak to the monsignor.
我得和主教談談
You mean the hospital chaplain?
你是說駐院牧師嗎
No. No.
不,不
No.
不是
I mean Monsignor Timothy Howard.
我是說蒂莫西·霍華德主教
I spoke to him right before he left for New York.
他去紐約前,我跟他談過
He's working on my release.
他正在給我辦出院手續呢
I need to speak to him.
我得跟他談談
You mean Cardinal Timothy Howard? Yeah.
你是說蒂莫西·霍華德紅衣主教,對
Cardinal.
是紅衣主教
He... he told me that he had been appointed Cardinal of New York.
他告訴我,他已經被認命為紐約紅衣主教
Two and a half years ago.
兩年半以前的事了
What?
什么
Timothy Howard was appointed Cardinal of New York
在教堂把荊棘崖交給州政府不久之后
shortly after the Church donated Briarcliff to the State.
蒂莫西·霍華德就被認命為紐約紅衣主教
Two and a half years ago.
那是兩年半以前的事了
No.
不
No, I just... I...
不,我剛剛
I just talked to him on Monday.
我周一剛跟他談過
You're confused, Betty.
貝蒂,你弄錯了
I am not!
我沒有
I'm not confused.
我沒弄錯
Ask Pepper. She was there.
你問小胡椒,她當時也在場
Pepper? Pepper. Yeah.
小胡椒,對,小胡椒
The pinhead.
頭小小的那個
She's a friend of mine.
她是我朋友
Oh, yes, that poor microcephalic creature.
是的,那個小頭癥患者
You were very upset when she passed.
她死的時候你可傷心了
Passed?
死了
Pepper died, Betty.
小胡椒死了,貝蒂
Winter of '66.
1966年冬天
Shortly after we took over.
我們接管后不久
Don't you remember?
你不記得了嗎
It's all right, Betty.
沒關系,貝蒂
I'll talk to Dr. Crayden about upping your chlorpromazine levels.
我會告訴克雷登醫生給你加大藥量
Everything's going to be all right.
一切都會好起來的
Ladies and gentlemen, it is my distinct honor
先生們女士們,我十分榮幸
to welcome to Newman's Books the writer of Maniac
請來了紐曼叢書《瘋子》的作者
One Woman's Story of Survival.
這是一個女人求生的故事
It's been on The New York Times Best Seller list for...
在紐約時報暢銷書榜單上已經
ten weeks now.
上榜十周
The book is a sensation,
這本書非常刺激
and after devouring it in one sitting,
我迫不及待一口氣就讀完了
I can honestly say... she's my hero.
我必須說,她是我的英雄
Please welcome my new favorite author,
有請我們新晉最受喜愛作家
Lana Winters.
拉娜·溫特斯
I've been asked to do a small reading before the signing.
在簽售之前,我受邀朗讀一小段內容
So here goes.
那我開始了
"How long had it been? "
待了多久呢
"20 minutes? 20 hours? "
二十分鐘,二十小時
"20 days? In a windowless room without a clock, "
還是二十天,在沒有窗也沒有鐘的房間里
"Time felt like a luxury I couldn't afford. "
時間就像我承擔不起的奢侈品
"I reminded myself, any moment now, my time could end. "
我告誡自己,每個當下,時間都可能停止
"And all the minutes I extracted with my lies, "
我為了挖掘真相而撒謊
"With the show of affections and empathy, "
而展現情愫與共鳴的每一分鐘
"Could slip from my grasp like sand through my fingers. "
都像從我指縫流過的細沙
"Click, click, click. "
滴答,滴答,滴答
"The fluorescent lights flickered on. "
熒光燈明滅不定
"Adrenaline coursed through my body. "
腎上腺素流淌于我的身體
"My muscles tensed. "
我肌肉拉緊
"My heart pounded through my chest. "
我的心在胸腔中狂跳
"His appearance was always unexpected. "
他的出現總是出其不意
"I came to believe he was always watching me, "
我逐漸相信他一直在監視我
"Waiting to catch me off guard. "
等著抓我個措手不及
"But this time, "
但這一次
"There was more than one coming down the basement steps. "
來地下室的腳步聲不止一個
"Another woman, "
另一個女人
"Her hands tied behind her back, staggered in front of him. "
她雙手被捆在身后,步履蹣跚于他跟前
"She stumbled down the stairs, landing hard on the tile floor. "
她跌跌撞撞走下樓梯,艱難地踏上瓷磚地板
"And she looked up at me, "
然后她抬頭看著我
"And it was as if I was looking in a mirror "
我好像照鏡子一樣
"And saw my own despair. "
只看到了我內心的絕望
"That's when he turned to me and said, "
他轉向我,說道
"'Say hi to our new toy.'"
"'跟我們的新玩具打個招呼吧'"
That's bullshit.
一派胡言
That never happened.
那不是真的
You told me that that's what you were going to do.
你告訴過我你準備那么做
You tortured me with the idea,
你用那種想法折磨我
that somehow I would be responsible for another victim.
好像我該為下一個受害者負責
I suggested it I never did it.
我說說罷了,但我沒那么做
Because I escaped before you could.
因為我在你那么做之前就逃跑了
It's still a lie, Lana.
但拉娜,那還是謊言
You put it in your book just so you could
你寫進書里只是因為
sell more copies. You sold out.
那能增加銷量,都賣光了
I'm a writer.
我是個作家
It's my job to tell the essence of truth.
我的工作就是說出真相的本質
Is that why you called me your roommate?
所以你把我稱為室友嗎
I was your lover, but in your book,
我是你的愛人,但在書中
I was covered in a cloak of asexuality.
我被貼上無性戀的標簽
Our life together disappeared.
我們共同的生活沒有了
That part of my life wasn't pertinent to the book.
那部分生活和這本書沒什么關系
It would have distracted the reader from the central theme.
那可能會讓讀者混淆了中心主題
Your theme?
主題是你吧
Face it, Lana,
承認吧,拉娜
you're only interested in one thing:
你只對一件事感興趣
fame.
名聲
Miss Winters?
溫特斯小姐
I'm sorry. I must have lost my place.
抱歉,我忘記剛才讀到哪了
No.
不
I'm sorry.
我才抱歉
I'm sorry you had to go through that again.
很抱歉讓你回顧往事
You're so incredibly brave.
你真是太勇敢了
Thank you.
謝謝
I couldn't find any snacks.
我沒找到零嘴
Didn't I ask you to pack almonds?
不是讓你帶上杏仁了嗎
This tab is warm.
拉環都是溫的
Jesus. Uh, they don't have any ice here.
天哪,他們沒有冰塊
So then hightail it to the HoJo's across the street.
那還不快去街對面的酒店拿
Okay.
好的
So who do I make it out to?
要獻給誰
Kit.
基特
Kit Walker.
基特·沃克
Oh, my God.
天啊
Kit...
基特
Oh, sweetheart.
親愛的
I was so sorry to hear about Grace.
格蕾絲的事我很遺憾
I wanted to write to you.
我想寫信給你的
Well, would've been nice to hear from you.
要是收到你的來信我會很開心
Can't lie.
不瞞你說
No, yes, I know, it's just...
不,是的,我知道,只是
It's been so crazy.
這太瘋狂了
I just sold the film rights to Hollywood.
我剛把電影版權賣給了好萊塢
Can you believe it?
難以置信吧
Wow. Yeah.
太棒了,是啊
What do you think of Tuesday Weld as me?
你覺得塔斯黛·韋爾德演我怎么樣
Well, a girl can dream, right?
女孩總會天馬行空,對吧
She'd be a great you.
她一定能演好你
Great you.
惟妙惟肖
So, uh, you got time for a cup of coffee?
有時間和我喝杯咖啡嗎
Did you see me on Cavett?
你看到我上《卡維特脫口秀》了嗎
I was so nervous, but I think I did well.
我很緊張,但應該表現不錯
He was very complimentary during the commercials.
插播廣告時,他對我贊不絕口
I'm sure you knocked 'em dead.
我肯定你的魅力征服了他們
Anyway, you been back to Briarcliff?
話說,你回過荊棘崖嗎
Oh my God, Kit, you are not gonna believe
天啊,基特,你一定想不到
what I'm doing next.
我接著要做什么
A book about Leigh Emerson and his crime spree
我要寫利·艾默生逃出荊棘崖之后的
after he escaped from Briarcliff.
瘋狂犯罪
That psycho who nailed the Monsignor to the cross?
是那個把主教釘在十字架上的瘋子嗎
Did you know killed seven nuns?
你知道嗎,他殺了七個修女
Seven.
七個
I thought of calling it "Santa and the Seven Nuns."
書名就叫《圣誕老人和七個修女》
Too campy? Why are you writing about him?!
會不會太做作,你為什么要寫他
Jesus!
天啊
He's just another maniac.
他只不過是另一個瘋子
That's my canvas, Kit.
這是我的創作源泉,基特
I've found my voice.
我找到了自己的特色
The way Capote did with In Cold Blood.
就像卡波特創作《冷血》
I have a perspective on the stunted male psyche
我寫身心殘缺男性瘋子的視角
that no one else has.
無人能及
I lived it.
我以此為生
You swore you were gonna take down Briarcliff.
你發誓要扳倒荊棘崖
Expose it to the world.
將真相公之于眾
You promised Jude.
你答應過裘德
You were gonna be a reporter.
你要做記者
Not a cheap celebrity.
而不是這種不入流的名人
Things change.
世事會變
People change.
人也會變
I built a life for myself, Kit
我開始了自己的生活,基特
A really substantial life
實實在在的生活
And I did it by spinning straw into gold.
我點石成金
It could've gone very differently.
當初的誓言早已不再
Hm, I would've thought you of all people
我以為所有人之中
would understand that.
你最理解這一切
I do.
我理解
And I respect you.
我也尊重你的決定
But this is... Believe me...
但是這,相信我
I know all too well that I could still be in there,
我很清楚我現在可能還被關在那里
drooling in the bread dough with all the other lunatics.
和那些瘋子們一起為面包團流口水
Careful when you talk about those lunatics.
提起那些瘋子的時候小心措辭
You're talking about my wife.
你說的是我妻子
Thomas, he loves to build things
托馬斯喜歡搭建東西
I bought him a train set the other day and next thing I know,
我前幾天給他買了一套火車模型
he put the track together by himself.
他很快就自己把鐵軌搭好了
Julia is a little dancer.
茱莉亞是個小舞者
She loves to dance... just like her mother.
她喜歡跳舞,就跟她媽媽一樣
I miss them so much.
我好想他們
They miss you, too.
他們也想你
No, they don't even know me.
不,他們都不認識我
Every night at dinner,
每天晚飯
Julia makes me make an extra plate in case you come home hungry.
茱莉亞都讓我多拿個盤子,好讓你回家就能吃飯
I'd give anything to see them again.
我愿放棄一切,只為再見他們一面
Could you bring them next time even if only for a few minutes?
下次你能帶他們來嗎,哪怕只有幾分鐘
No, forget it.
不,還是算了
You can't bring them here.
你不能帶他們來
I'm so sorry, Alma.
我很抱歉,艾爾瑪
I don't know how you survived this place.
我不知道你在這里是怎么撐過來的
Jesus.
天哪
I had no idea she was there.
我不知道她在那里
Not anymore.
已經不在了
There was no warning.
毫無預兆
No sign at all. Her heart just stopped.
完全沒有,她的心跳突然就停止了
I'm sorry, Alma.
對不起,艾爾瑪
I'm such a fool.
我真是個傻瓜
All my crazy plans.
我那些瘋狂的計劃
And look where that got us.
看看我們現在的下場
I completely failed you.
我徹底辜負了你
And Grace.
還有格蕾絲
And those kids.
還有兩個孩子
I'm going to try to make it right.
我會盡力彌補過錯
My God.
天哪
Everyone's gone but us.
除了我們,大家都死了
Well, there is one person left.
還有一個人活著
Toughest one of all.
我們之中最堅強的
What do you mean? Jude.
什么意思,裘德
She's still there.
她還在那里
That's not possible.
不可能
I saw her death certificate.
我看到了她的死亡證明
And I saw her.
可我親眼見到了她
Any instructions on how you'd like us to deal with her body?
您希望我們怎么處理她的尸體
I'm gonna take her home. She'll be buried on our land.
我要把她帶回家,好好安葬
Move! Move! Move! Move! Move!
讓開,都讓開
Time for my story.
我的故事要開始了
Sister Jude?
裘德修女
Sister Jude.
裘德修女
It's me... Kit Walker.
是我,基特·沃克
They said you were dead.
他們說你死了
I know they did.
我知道
Because they stole the rights.
他們偷走了我的版權
The rights to my story.
這是我的故事
It's based on my life, every word of it...
我的人生,一字不差
I'll notify you the moment
我會告訴你
that Sister Bertrille... lands.
波翠樂修女著陸的時間
Sister Bertrille.
波翠樂修女
She's got the Devil in her.
她被魔鬼附了身
She stole my hat.
她偷了我的帽子
Your hat?
你的帽子
That's how she did it.
所以她才逃了出去
How she managed to fly out of this place.
飛出了這個鬼地方
They don't know it,
他們其實不知道
but I don't need the hat.
我用不著帽子
I can fly without it.
沒有帽子我也能飛
One of these days,
總有一天
I'm gonna fly my ass right out of here!
我要飛出這里
Watch and see.
等著瞧吧
I don't doubt it.
我相信你
I didn't know.
我不知道
I couldn't know.
我怎么會想到
I went back there, Kit. I did try.
我回去過,基特,我去了
The Monsignor told me she'd hanged herself.
主教跟我說,她懸梁自盡了
He lied to you. She's been there this whole time.
他騙了你,裘德一直被關在那兒
I don't know what you expect me to do about that now.
我不知道你現在還指望我做些什么
What you said you'd do get the place shut down.
遵守承諾,關掉荊棘崖
The world has to know what's going on at Briarcliff.
必須向世人曝光荊棘崖里的事
The place is a snake pit.
那地方只有瘋子待得下去
And it always has been.
本身就是
And I'm sorry to hear about Jude.
裘德的事我也很難過
It's heartbreaking, but let's be real here.
的確聞著傷心見者流淚,但現實一點吧
Every bed in that place, she made.
是她一手建立了荊棘崖
Her choice, not ours.
她自作自受,與我們無關
Can you really be that hard?
你真的就這么冷血
I'm as hard as I have to be.
我必須如此
It's what's kept me alive. I'm sorry.
這樣我才能活下來,打擾一下
But there's a dozen more people waiting to get their books signed.
還有很多讀者在等著您給新書簽名呢
It really was good to see you again, Kit.
很高興再次見到你,基特
Yeah, sure.
是啊
Good luck out there.
祝你好運
Everything with a white dot is 25% off.
標白點的書打七五折
Books with orange dots, 50%.
橙點的半價
I'm not looking for bargains.
我不是來淘打折書的
I'm looking for a particular title.
我就想找一本書
It's a really old book.
是本很老的書了
I'm a connoisseur of the... first printing.
我專門收集書籍的第一版
You mean first edition?
你是指初版嗎
Yeah, that's it.
沒錯
First edition.
初版
You're in the wrong place.
那您來錯地兒了
All we have left are the crap we haven't sold
我們這兒只有整整44年
in the last 44 years.
都賣不掉的破書
If you noticed, we're going out of business.
您應該留意到了,我們就要關門大吉了
No.
不
The computer says that you're the only store around
電腦上查到只有你們這兒有一本
with an autographed copy.
上面有作者親筆簽名的
Maniac One Woman's Story of Survival.
書名叫《瘋子——一個女人的死里逃生》
By Lana Winters? That's not for sale.
拉娜·溫特斯寫的,那本書不賣
I've been looking for it for a long time.
這本書我找了很久
It's my mother's personal copy.
那是我母親的私人藏書
She credited that book with giving her enough courage
她說,正是這本書給了她
to finally leave my father.
離開我父親的勇氣
She said he was her own version of Bloody Face.
她說,我父親就是她生命中的血臉殺手
Name your price.
開個價吧
I'm related to her.
我和她有血緣關系
The writer.
那個作者
She's my mother.
她是我的母親
Listen, I was a women's studies major.
我主修女性學
I've read every one of her books.
我看過拉娜的每一部作品
The only baby she ever had was by rape with Bloody Face,
她只在被血臉殺手強暴那次懷過一個孩子
and he died at birth.
那孩子一出生就夭折了
Can I see it?
能讓我看看嗎
I just want to see her name.
我只是想看看她的簽名
That's her signature.
這就是她的簽名
That's as close as I ever got to her in person.
我第一次離她這么近
Okay. We're done.
好了,就這樣了
Byebye.
慢走不送
I gave you a chance to name your price.
我給過你機會讓你出價
Now I'll tell you mine.
現在該輪到我了
There's nothing you could say
你什么都不用說了
to make me change my mind.
我不會改變主意的
You're going to give me that book,
你必須把書給我
because it's my fate to have it.
我注定得擁有它
You see, I have a plan
我都計劃好了
to meet my mother.
母子相見的場景
And when I see her, I'm gonna greet her
見到她的時候,我會跟她打個招呼
with a polite, "Hello, Ms. Winters."
彬彬有禮地道一句,您好,溫斯特女士
"Do you know who I am?"
您知道我是誰嗎
And she'll shake her head in ignorance,
她會一臉茫然地搖搖頭
and then I'll present this book of lies.
接著我就拿出這本滿是謊言的書
And then I'll say,
對她說
"I'm in your book,
您把我也寫進書中了啊
except I didn't die."
唯一的不同是,我還活著
"I'm the piece of trash you threw away 48 years ago."
48年前,你將我棄之敝履
"I'm your son."
我就是你的兒子
And when she fully understands
等她終于回過神來
who it is standing in front of her,
明白站在她面前的人到底是誰
I'll take out my ninemillimeter handgun,
我就會拿出一把九毫米口徑的手槍
point it at her face
指著她的臉
and pull the trigger.
扣下扳機
And finally...
終于
I will have completed my father's work.
我完成了父親的偉業
But first, I'm gonna need that book.
但首先,我需要那本書