"Title One of the Stafford Act:
《斯塔福德法案》第一條
'Emergency' means any occasion or instance for which,
"緊急情況"是指在經總統指定的
in the determination of the president..."
場合和情形下...
"Determined" By the president.
指定權在總統
Any instance? As long as we can make the argument
有先例嗎, 只要我們能說明這些措施
that this saves lives and protects health and safety.
能拯救生命,保護人民安康就行
Well, unemployment leads to crime,
失業導致犯罪
to malnutrition, to improper medical care.
營養不良,以及惡劣的醫療待遇
There's no doubt it'll be challenged in the courts.
這種說法肯定會在法庭上遭到攻擊的
Well, even so, by the time that happens,
就算最終鬧上了法庭
people will see what America Works looks like.
那時人們也會見識到美國就業法案了
Tell me, in your legal opinion...
告訴我,從法律的角度說
is there enough leeway here?
你們覺得有足夠的回旋余地嗎
Yes, the language is sufficiently vague.
有的,法案用詞足夠模糊
But just to be clear, this is completely unorthodox.
不過我們得說清楚,這么做實在是前所未有
No president has ever tried to reappropriate funds this way.
從沒有哪個總統試過這么籌集資金
Thank you, gentlemen, that's all I need.
謝謝各位,今天就到這里
The states won't go for this. Too radical.
各州不會支持的,太激進了
And if I call just one governor
哪怕有一個我聯系的州長
who says no and leaks it to the press,
拒絕了我然后向媒體泄露了風聲
Congress will be on my ass before I get this out of the gates.
還沒等我正式提出,就會被國會窮追猛打
But, the District of Columbia...
但是,哥倫比亞特區
No governor. Just you, the mayor.
沒有州長, 只有你,一個市長
Now, Barney, I know this puts you out on a ledge.
巴尼,我知道這會讓你冒很大風險
I love it. I love everything about it.
我喜歡,每個條款我都支持
We have to fight Congress
我們不得不跟國會爭奪
for every dollar in our budget, each year.
我們預算里的每一分錢,年年如此
If my people see me take the money they won't give us...
如果選民看到我從他們嘴里摳出錢來
well, I just won reelection.
我就能贏得連任
This is why you put a brawler like Barney Hull in office,
這就是你讓巴尼·豪爾這樣的強人當選的原因
aside from paying a debt.
不只是還他人情
Add up 50 governors and 535 members of Congress,
把全美50位州長和535位國會議員加起來
you don't come close to the gumption of one bold mayor.
也趕不上一位有進取心的大膽市長
I want people registering for jobs in every part of the city
我希望全城各處的人都趕緊去注冊找工作
as soon as possible, before the court challenges bubble up.
越快越好,趁法院還沒發難
What about one big tent right in front of the Capitol?
在國會大門口支個大帳篷怎么樣
Make Congress see the people
讓國會看看人民
line up all the way back to the Lincoln Memorial.
排隊找工作排到林肯紀念館的大場面
Can we do something by July Fourth?
能在國慶日出手嗎
You bring the fireworks, I'll bring the people.
你只管放煙花,我找人來捧場
Good morning. Please, sit.
早上好,請坐
I know Remy has just briefed you all,
我知道雷米已經向各位介紹過情況了
so, aside from the Secretary of Homeland Security,
那么除了國土安全部部長
who is no longer with us, does anyone else object to this plan?
已經離職之外,還有誰持反對意見嗎
Good. Until a new secretary is confirmed,
很好,在新國安部長上任之前
FEMA will report directly to me. Thank you all very much.
聯邦應急管理局將直接對我負責,謝謝各位
Unemployment doesn't
失業不能
constitute a natural disaster, Mr. President.
算作是自然災害,總統先生
The Stafford Act gives me full authority
《斯塔福德法案》授權我
to define an emergency.
定義緊急狀況
But, sir, we've only got about three billion left
但是,先生,我們的賑災基金
in the Disaster Relief Fund,
只剩下30億不到了
and we're about to go into hurricane season.
而颶風季眼看就要來了
So we use the three billion that's there,
我們先用這現成的30億
and if a hurricane hits,
萬一颶風來襲了
Congress replenishes the funds, just as they always do.
國會定會撥款補充賑災基金,他們一向如此
When it comes to a disaster, every hour counts, sir.
災害發生后,每分每秒都極其珍貴,先生
If we're waiting around for Congress--
如果還得等國會那邊
Mr. Silva, this is moving forward.
希爾瓦先生,這事就這么定了
People could die, Mr. President.
平民會死傷慘重的,總統先生
People are dying because they don't have jobs.
平民要是沒工作,也會活不成的
Slower than a flood or an earthquake, but dying just the same.
雖然比死于地震洪水慢,但一樣是死
You can't compare unemployment to a cat four hurricane.
您怎么能拿失業和4級颶風相提并論
I came to your office
我來你辦公室找你
because I want this to remain your office.
是希望你能繼續坐在這個位子上
There's a reason three presidents have kept you here.
連續三任總統都讓你留任不是平白無故
You're dedicated, you're relentless,
你專心致志,堅持不懈
you're exceptionally competent.
而且工作能力極為優秀
If we have to stretch dollars even further,
如果我們需要精打細算
you're the man to do it.
找你準沒錯
It's either you or someone far less experienced.
如果你走人了,就得找沒經驗的新人了
The two of you head to Iowa at the end of the week.
兩位周末就要去愛荷華了
That's right. Eighteen counties this trip.
是的,這一趟要去18個縣拉票
By January, I plan on hitting all 99.
希望一月之前能走遍全州99個縣
John will join me at every event until his husband is released.
約翰會和我一起出席活動,直到他丈夫獲釋
Have you had any contact with Michael since his arrest?
自從邁克爾被捕后你和他聯系過嗎
The Russian government has refused.
俄羅斯政府拒絕了
They won't let him speak to a lawyer.
他們甚至不讓他見律師
That's why it's important John join me.
所以約翰和我站在一起意義重大
We need to keep the pressure up on Moscow.
我們必須對莫斯科持續施壓
You know, gay rights is controversial
在全國許多地方,同性戀權益
in many parts of the country.
都是極具爭議性的話題
Do you think that appearing with Corrigan's husband
您不擔心和科里根的丈夫站在一起
could possibly hurt you?
會對您的選情不利嗎
I think the American people want a candidate who doesn't dodge,
我認為美國人民想要一位不逃避問題的候選人
who is truthful about where she stands.
會誠實表達自己的立場
Not someone who shies away from controversy.
而不是回避爭議
It's one thing to shy away from controversy.
回避爭論是一回事
It's another thing to court it.
引發爭論是另一回事
Well, Michael was arrested for speaking his mind.
邁克爾因為直抒己見被捕
If defending free speech is controversial, then...
如果捍衛言論自由有爭議,那么...
we're no better than Russia.
我們不比俄羅斯好多少
I wish that there were
我希望我們的政府里
more people in our government defending it.
有更多人去捍衛言論自由
Are you talking specifically about the Underwood Administration?
你指的是安德伍德政府嗎
I think the president could do more.
我認為總統可以采取更多措施
You know, the White House has said hat they've been speaking
白宮表示他們已經直接與
directly with the Kremlin, that they, and I quote here:
克里姆林宮方面溝通,他們原話是
"Have to tackle this issue as it relates to the larger "
必須解決這一問題,因為這關系到
diplomatic relationship between the two nations."
兩國之間更重要的外交關系"
Then why haven't we seen any evidence of those talks?
那我們為什么還沒看到這些對話的證據呢
When I'm president, the American people can rest assured
我當選總統后,美國人民可以放心
that I will take my oath
我會認真履行
to defend and protect our citizens seriously.
捍衛和保護我們人民的誓言
What do you think of her? What, Dunbar?
你覺得她怎么樣, 什么,鄧巴嗎
Yeah.
對
I believe that the administration could do better...
我相信這屆政府能做得更好
You worked for Underwood. Not anymore.
你為安德伍德工作過, 現在不了
I won't be offended.
我不會生氣的
Uh, I like a lot about what she has to say.
我很喜歡她說的這些
Would you vote for her?
你會投票給她嗎
I don't know. I might.
不知道,可能吧
Yeah. Probably would.
是啊,很可能會
How soon? Tomorrow.
多快, 明天
We're gonna get hit hard on this.
我們會在這件事被強烈抨擊
Better than getting hit on Corrigan.
總好過在科里根的事上被抨擊
You saw Vieira?
你看《維埃拉秀》了嗎
Dunbar's smart.
鄧巴很聰明
She's running against us before we're even running.
她在我們參選之前就與我們作對
She'll attack us on the FEMA thing, too.
她也會在聯邦應急管理局這事上攻擊我們
Then let her. At least we're controlling the narrative.
那就讓她攻擊,至少是我們控制輿論
When we first spoke, you mentioned early fall.
我們第一次談時,你說初秋
Look, Dunbar's got momentum because no one's challenging her.
聽著,鄧巴勢頭強盛是因為沒人挑戰她
But once we drop the FEMA plan,
但我們一宣布聯邦應急管理局的計劃
that'll take her off message.
就會蓋過她的報道
And your candidacy will distract her. It's a one-two punch.
然后你宣布候選資格也會分散她注意,連環出擊
We'll start bleeding away the woman's vote.
我們會開始搶走女性選民的選票
I'm just not sure how smart it is to rush into a campaign
我不確定現在幾乎毫無準備
with so little preparation. This isn't a real campaign.
就宣布參選是否有利, 那又不是真的參選
But it needs to look like one.
但要看起來像真格的
I thought you wanted to be on my ticket.
我以為你想跟我一隊呢
It's my reputation at stake.
我要賭上聲譽
I don't want to look foolhardy. Look, no one
我不想看起來有勇無謀, 聽著,沒有人
Mayor's announcing in the morning.
市長明早將會宣布
Seth's working with his office.
賽斯在跟他辦公室合作
You see, Jackie, this is perfect timing.
你看,杰姬,現在是最佳時機
The FEMA plan goes into action,
聯邦應急管理局計劃開始實施
you announce in a couple of weeks, you say you had to run.
你幾周后宣布參選,說你必須參選
President Underwood is being reckless with FEMA.
安德伍德總統在聯邦應急管理局恣意妄為
You come out against me
你出面反對我
and America Works and you steal Dunbar's thunder.
和美國就業法案,然后搶了鄧巴的風頭
And then I flip-flop
之后等到我退出
when I pull out and you put me on the ticket?
與你一同參選,不是態度大轉彎嗎
By then, 50,000 people will have jobs,
到那時候,五萬人將擁有工作
and it won't look like a flip-flop.
那就不像是態度大轉彎了
It'll look like you saw the light.
而是你豁然開朗
Now, look, why don't you go off with Remy
聽著,你跟雷米一起出去
and you discuss the details,
討論一下細節
and just give it some thought before you decide.
在你決定之前再考慮一下
Thank you, Mr. President. Let's talk in my office.
謝謝,總統先生, 來我辦公室談吧
My biggest concern is funding.
我最大的擔心是資金
I couldn't fly coach to Iowa.
我總不能坐普通艙去愛荷華
I'll get you some PAC money rolling your way.
我會給你找一筆政治行動委員會資金來鋪路
Should be enough to get you started.
應該足以讓你啟動參選了
If I run, it shouldn't be half-ass.
如果我參選,就不能虎頭蛇尾
Which is why we should talk about this.
所以我們得好好談談這個
You want a candidate with a family.
你想要有完整家庭的候選人
We are after the woman's vote.
我們要搶的就是女性選民的選票
Alan and I have already talked about it.
艾倫和我已經討論過了
You have?
是嗎
Yeah. We joked about getting married on our first date.
對,我們第一次約會時開過結婚的玩笑
I get two kids without the stretch marks.
我不用生產就能有兩個孩子
And when I mentioned I might run, it stopped becoming a joke.
當我提到可能參選時,這就不再是玩笑話了
Is Alan open to it?
艾倫能接受嗎
It was his idea. And what about you?
那是他的主意, 那你呢
We do love each other.
我們深愛彼此
He seems like a good guy.
他看上去是個好人
He is. And his children are wonderful.
是的,他的孩子也很棒
You should think about getting hitched.
你也應該考慮結婚
Should we talk timeline?
我們要談談時間表嗎
For marriage? The campaign.
結婚的嗎, 競選
This is far from an offer. This is a conversation.
這可不是提議,這是會談
And it's a conversation that never happened.
而且是個從沒發生過的會談
I took the back door in, I'll take the back door out.
我會秘密行事,不會到處招搖
We keep you off the payroll this quarter.
本季度工資單上沒有你
You start officially September 30th.
你9月30號正式任職
Next quarter's FEC filings. It's fine.
下個季度的選舉委員會文件才會有我,可以
What are you thinking in terms of salary?
關于工資你有什么想法
Twenty-two thousand per quarter.
每季度兩萬二
That's way below what I'm worth. Even in this state.
就算我這樣,也不只值這個價
What do you think's appropriate?
你覺得多少合適
Two-fifty and three points on the ad-buy.
兩萬五加上3%的廣告投入
That's beyond our means. No, it's not.
我們負擔不起, 不,你們擔得起
It's a drop in the bucket from your estate.
這只是你財產的九牛一毛
You said you wanted in because you believed in this campaign.
你說你想參加是因為你對這次競選有信心
That's right. Sounds like it's more about money.
沒錯, 現在看來你是為了錢
It's about being valued. Two-fifty and the points is a bargain.
我希望被重視,兩萬五和少量廣告投入并不多
I want to work for you, just not as a beggar.
我想為你工作,而不是向你乞討
We don't trust you yet, Doug.
我們還不信任你,道格
We don't even halfway trust you, so you are a beggar.
可以說根本不信任你,所以你就是在乞討
And you shouldn't trust me... until I prove myself.
我還沒證明自己,你也應該不信任我
That's a gamble you don't get to take
你不拿出籌碼
without putting chips on the table.
就不能冒這個險
Cynthia and I will discuss.
我和會辛西婭談的
Thank you for your time.
感謝你抽空
Let me check first.
我先看下外面
Okay, it's clear.
行,很安全
What do you think? Why take the gamble?
你怎么看, 為什么要冒險
I don't want us to start making decisions
我不想一開始決策
from a position of weakness. That is how you lose.
就處于劣勢,只會過虧
I think we're inviting the fox into the hen house.
我覺得這是引狼入室
Anyone who wants to be a mole
要是間諜會
accepts the first offer without question.
毫不猶豫地接受條件
He's negotiating.
他卻討價還價
So you actually believe him?
所以你相信他了
Not necessarily.
半信半疑
But that doesn't mean that he doesn't have value.
但這不代表他沒有價值
Yeah, we're not gonna need any of these.
這些我們都需要
We're gonna keep these right here.
全都放在這里
Kate Baldwin, the one and only.
凱特·鮑德溫,久仰久仰
I thought I heard somebody in here.
我好像聽到這里有人
Welcome to the White House. Or welcome back, I should say.
歡迎來白宮,或者應該說歡迎回白宮
It feels smaller than I remember.
這里比我記憶中小
Where do they have you sitting? Right there, second row.
他們安排你坐哪里, 這里,第二排
I would've thought you wanted first row.
我以為你會想要第一排
I heard you spit when you talk.
我聽說你說話會飛吐沫
What's the president speaking about tomorrow?
明天總統會講什么
You don't waste a minute, do you? No.
你真是不浪費一分一秒, 沒錯
I gotta say, I was surprised
實不相瞞,我很驚訝
that the Telegraph sent you to cover the White House.
《電訊報》會派你來采訪白宮
I mean, who leaves the London bureau?
誰會離開倫敦分社呢
Ayla was a protégée of mine.
艾拉是我的愛徒
I see, so now they bring in the big guns.
明白了,他們把老師父請來了
Just one gun, but big enough.
就來了個師父,資歷也夠老
Don't get any ideas. About what?
別打我的主意, 打什么主意
This is gonna stay around my neck.
這個記者證我不會摘的
You can't boot two reporters in a row from the Telegraph.
你不能連續解雇兩個《電訊報》的記者
Certainly not two women. I have no desire to do that.
更不能是兩個女記者, 我沒這個意思
It's an honor to work with you.
和你一起工作,我很榮幸
Pulitzer, Peabody.
普利策獎,皮博迪獎
Get yourself a Nobel, you'll have a trifecta.
再拿個諾貝爾獎,就是三料冠軍了
Oh, you're almost charming.
你可真會說話
Kate, I'm not your enemy here.
凱特,我不是你的敵人
You punished Ayla for doing good work.
艾拉沒做錯,你卻懲罰她
She hit hard and you hit back. Fair enough.
她發力,你反擊,很公平
Well, I'm gonna hit twice as hard as she ever did
我會加倍發力
because I can and because someone should.
因為我可以,也應該這么做
I look forward to it.
放馬過來吧
You're such a terrible liar. I'll see you bright and early.
你真不會說謊,我們明早見
You got a minute?
有時間嗎
Sure.
有
Here's the draft for the statement tomorrow.
這是明天聲明的草稿
I want it to be perfect.
想讓你斧正一下
Congress will fire back, all guns blazing,
國會肯定會火力全開,回擊我們
and I'm sure Dunbar will make a meal and a half out of it.
鄧巴也肯定會大作文章
But I gotta say, I feel good. To be on the offensive.
但我覺得準備進攻的感覺很好
If I can't scrape the money together behind the scenes,
如果不能秘密東拼西湊出這些錢來
I'll rob the bank in broad goddamn daylight.
我就光天化日之下搶銀行
We'll cram America Works down their throats and watch them choke.
我們要強行逼迫他們通過美國就業法案
Enough tiptoeing.
不再謹小慎微
Here.
給
Oh, these changes are good.
這些改動很棒
It makes me happy to see you excited.
看你這么興奮,我也很高興
I feel free again.
我又能松口氣了
I wish I felt the same. The resolution?
真希望我也能, 還在忙提案嗎
Just some last minute hand-holding, but...
還有些最后的安撫工作,但...
I think we'll get there.
我相信我們會成功的
I have complete confidence in you.
我完全相信你
Do you like this room? It's fine.
你喜歡這間房嗎, 還不錯
You know, I haven't spent the night here yet.
我還沒在這兒過過夜呢
Maybe I could-- My plane leaves at seven.
也許我可以... 我明早七點飛機
I should probably get some sleep.
我得睡一會兒
You watch the news tomorrow. Should be fun.
明天記得看新聞,會很有意思的
I will. Good night.
我會的, 晚安
Seventeen years, I served the Metro Police.
17年,我在警局工作17年
I've seen robberies and murders.
我見過殺人搶劫
I've seen the blight of drugs.
見過毒品的瘟疫
I've seen little kids
我見過小孩子
whose only meal each day was the one they get at school.
每天只能吃到從學校領到的一頓飯
You know what's at the root of all that?
知道這種事的根源是什么嗎
Folks don't have jobs!
因為人們沒有工作
There are 60,000 unemployed people in Washington.
華盛頓有六萬失業人口
It's a disaster.
這是場災難
And it's a disgrace here in the nation's capital.
更丟臉的是,這是國家的首都
So this morning, at the president's urging,
所以今早,在總統的敦促下
I am declaring a state of emergency in the District of Columbia.
我宣布哥倫比亞特區進入緊急狀態
And I am formally requesting three billion dollars
并正式申請從聯邦應急管理局賑災基金
from FEMA's Disaster Relief Fund to put people back to work.
撥款30億,用以安排人們重回崗位
Motherfucker.
混帳東西
Anyone, and I mean anyone,
任何人,真的是任何人
who registers for work in the District of Columbia
只要在哥倫比亞特區注冊求職
will be guaranteed a job.
就保證可以得到工作
I'm working with my cabinet to increase workforce
我在跟內閣努力增加
devoted to infrastructure, maintenance and repair.
基礎設施建設,保養和修理方面的就業崗位
The Defense Department
國防部
will ramp up recruitment and civilian employment.
會增加探員招募和文職人員招聘
And any private sector companies who hire AmWorks registrants
任何雇傭美就法注冊人員的私人企業
will get up to $45,000 toward the yearly salary
將得到每個崗位每年
of each job that they create.
四萬五千美元的薪水補貼
Our goal is full employment within twelve months.
我們的目標是12個月內全員就業
Our hope is that success in Washington
我們希望華盛頓的成功
will convince Congress to fund America Works nationwide.
能說服國會在全國供資支持美國就業法案
Now, I'll take a few questions.
現在,我會回答幾個問題
Mr. President!
總統先生
Madam Ambassador. A word, please.
大使夫人,借步說一句
Excuse me.
抱歉
We are withdrawing support of the peacekeeping resolution.
我們要收回對維和提案的支持
Why? Because Israel is.
為什么, 因為以色列要收回
Palestine is open to the plan, but without consensus...
巴勒斯坦愿意接受計劃,但不達成共識...
This came directly from Jerusalem?
這是耶路撒冷直接表示的嗎
Yes, the foreign minister. Nothing came from Eliana?
是的,外交部長, 伊莉安娜說什么了嗎
No, but I came to speak to her.
沒有,但我是來找她談的
I'll speak to her myself. Thank you, Hasan.
我會親自跟她談,謝謝你,哈桑
Thank you, Ambassador.
謝謝你,大使
Moscow is threatening to sell arms to Iran.
莫斯科威脅說要賣武器給伊朗
They always make that threat.
他們時常這么威脅
The feeling in Jerusalem is that this resolution
耶路撒冷方面的感覺是這個提案
may push them over the edge. It's not worth the risk.
也許會逼他們鋌而走險,不值得冒險
Why didn't you come to me? The vote's in two hours.
你為什么不來找我,還有兩小時就要投票了
I got the call 30 minutes ago.
我30分鐘前剛接到電話
Russia doesn't want to be humiliated
俄羅斯不想丟面子
because we did this without them.
因為我們繞過了他們
You know it's a bluff on their part.
你知道他們就是虛張聲勢
The prime minister feels that this vote is just symbolic.
總理認為這次投票只是象征性的
That the US won't actually contribute troops.
美國不會真的出動軍隊
No, we will absolutely follow through once it's passed.
不,一旦通過,我們絕對會堅持到底
The prime minister has his doubts.
總理有他的疑慮
I'm sorry, it's out of my hands.
抱歉,這不是我能控制的
Claire?
克萊爾
Ambassadors, I need you to withdraw the resolution.
各位大使,我需要你們撤回提案
We lost consensus.
我們不能達成共識
I need to postpone the vote until we get it back.
我需要推遲投票,到我們重新達成共識
Secretary Travers is a good example.
特拉弗斯部長是個很好的例子
Homeland Security?
國土安全部
Former secretary, I should say. He's done?
應該說是前部長, 他下臺了嗎
They haven't announced, but Steve called me.
還沒宣布,但史蒂夫打電話給我了
Said he stood up to the president on this FEMA nonsense.
說他在聯邦應急管理局的事上反對總統
Homeland Security has jurisdiction over FEMA now.
國土安全部對聯邦應急管理局有管轄權
Right. The president demanded
是的,總統當場
his letter of resignation right then and there.
要求他提交辭職信
This is all off the record. Yeah.
這些都是非正式對話, 明白
Paul's got a big mouth. So it's true?
保羅真是個大嘴巴, 所以是真的嗎
This is off the record? Completely.
現在是非正式對話嗎, 絕對是
Let me call you on my encrypted phone.
我用加密電話給你打
My number is blocked, so--
我的號碼有屏蔽,所以...
This is Homeland Security. I have your number.
這里是國土安全部,我有你電話
Incoming call. Press the pickup bu--
有電話呼入,按接聽鍵...
Mr. Secretary. It's true. I resigned.
部長先生, 是真的,我辭職了
Why are you still in the office?
那你為什么還在辦公室
Punching the clock until the White House wants to go public.
點卯撞鐘等白宮公布
Why wouldn't you go public yourself,
如果你反對那項政策
if you're so against the policy?
為什么不自己公布消息
I serve at the pleasure of the president.
我是為總統服務的
I have Landry on background.
蘭德里已經提供了信息
I'm writing about the resignation.
我要寫關于辭職的報道
And I can't stop you. But there won't be a quote from me.
我無法阻止你,但你不能引用我的話
Don't let the administration off the hook.
別讓政府逃脫責任
This an opportunity to speak out.
這是發表反對意見的機會
You don't have the career I've had
能做到我這一步
by criticizing your bosses publicly,
不是靠公開批評上司
no matter how strongly you feel.
不管你覺得自己多厲害
Talk to Arnie Silva, the FEMA Administrator.
和聯邦應急管理局的局長阿尼·希爾瓦談談
He's more disgusted by all this than I am.
他比我更反感這一切
People's lives are in the balance. And he doesn't care.
事關人命,他卻不管不顧
Our projections for the next 12 months.
這是我們接下來12個月的預測
We're in a La Ni?a phase,
我們正處于拉尼娜時期
which means falling temperatures in the Pacific.
也就是說太平洋溫度下降
We expect at least two major landfalls this season.
我們預計本季節至少要發生兩次大型山體滑坡
Homes destroyed, billions in damage,
家園被毀,損失上億
tens of thousands without power.
成千上萬人斷電
And that's just hurricanes. If we get a major earthquake,
這還僅僅是颶風的危害,要是碰上大地震
or flood, or forest fire...
或者洪水,再或森林火災
It's all in there.
都在這里面了
Has he asked you to resign?
他曾要求你辭職嗎
He threatened it.
他威脅過我
But I said I'd cooperate.
但是我說我會配合
Why?
為什么
Nobody has more experience.
沒人比我更有經驗
I couldn't forgive myself if I left.
如果離開,我不會原諒自己
But you just said, if the Relief Fund is depleted, then--
但是你剛才不是說,如果救濟金耗盡
People will suffer.
那人們會受難
But on my watch, fewer will suffer.
但在我的照管下,受難的人能少些
I need a quote, Mr. Silva.
我需要引用你的話,希爾瓦先生
I can't do that.
我做不到
People could die, you have a responsibility.
人們可能喪生,你有責任
The president has built a culture of silence and fear.
總統創建了一種靜默與恐懼交織的氛圍
That can end with you.
你可以結束它
That folder will speak louder than anything I could say.
這個文件夾比任何話語都更有說服力
Two front page bylines on the same day for Ms. Baldwin?
同一天頭版兩篇報道都出自鮑德溫女士嗎
You kicked out a pit bull and you let in a dragon.
真是踢走只斗狗,放進條火龍來
I didn't think the Telegraph would send someone like her.
我沒想到《電訊報》能再派一個她這樣的
Well, maybe you just didn't think.
也許你是根本沒考慮
You wanted me to implement discipline, sir.
您讓我管束他們,先生
To send a message. And so I did.
傳遞訊息,我做了
Well, they've sent back an even stronger message, haven't they?
他們的回應更強烈,是不是
I take responsibility for that, sir,
我對此負有責任,先生
and I will do my best to keep her in line.
我會不遺余力讓她聽話的
Your best?
不遺余力
It's their top bureau chief. She's untouchable.
她是他們的總編輯,誰也碰不了她
I don't want to pretend that I can control her 100 percent.
我不想假裝我能百分之百控制她
Travers? Denied speaking with her,
特拉弗斯, 他否認曾與她談話
but it must be him.
但是肯定是他
I don't think anybody else in the cabinet would.
我想內閣中再沒別人會了
Let's confirm his resignation.
我們確認他辭職一事
No point in keeping it a secret now.
現在還保密沒意義了
Tell Steve he can vacate his office.
告訴史蒂夫他可以把辦公室清空了
And what about Silva?
那希爾瓦呢
The details on the disaster projections are very inside baseball.
關于防災預測的細節相當專業
We can't fire him! If there's a hurricane,
我們不能炒了他,如果颶風來了
he's the only guy
他是唯一能
that can keep a disaster from becoming a catastrophe.
阻止災難變成浩劫的人
And what's Dunbar saying? Nothing yet, publicly.
鄧巴說什么, 還沒有公開表示
She's probably letting this play out.
她可能想讓好戲演到終場
Letting me dig my own grave.
讓我自掘墳墓
We have to sell America Works.
我們必須推銷美國就業法案
It should sell itself once we get people employed.
等人們有工作,就不需要別的吹捧了
Well, that's the idea, but we don't stop there.
是要這效果,但我們不能止步于此
Commercials and billboards? On whose money?
廣告和公告牌, 用誰的錢
And even so, we need more than ad-buys.
即使這樣,廣告也不夠
We need... We need the philosophy behind it.
我們需要...挖掘它背后的深意
We need something of substance. We need something...
我們需要實質性的東西,我們需要...
We need something that will capture the imagination.
我們需要能啟發想象力的東西
Either of you play Monument Valley? What's that?
你們玩《紀念碑谷》嗎, 那是什么
It's a video game. I don't play them, sir.
是一款游戲, 我不玩游戲,先生
I sold my Xbox on eBay. It was too addictive.
我在易趣上把Xbox賣了,,玩著太上癮
No, it's not a console game.
不,不是單機游戲
You both read this
你們都好好讀一讀
and then tell me that you wouldn't want to play this.
然后告訴我你不想玩這個
I'd say there's nine consultants
我敢說全國只有九個顧問
in the country who truly know foreign policy.
真正懂得外交政策
Me, I'm number one.
而我,是首席
Me in a coma is number two.
失去意識的我是第二名
But that still leaves seven who are cheaper.
但是還剩下七個遜于我的呢
I value good counsel,
我重視良言
and I'm smart enough to know what I don't know.
我也有足夠腦子知道自己的欠缺
What would be your assessment of us so far?
截至目前你對我們的評價如何
You're making a big stink out of this Michael Corrigan thing,
邁克爾·科里根的事你處理得一團糟
but that's just surface.
但這還只是表面上的
You have to understand why Corrigan got arrested.
你得明白科里根為何被捕
Petrov's appealing to his traditional base.
佩特羅夫想迎合傳統觀念人群
No. This is about the Jordan Valley.
不,這與約旦河谷有關
I don't follow.
我不太明白
Retaliation.
復仇
It goes back to the summit a couple of months ago.
這得回溯到幾個月前的峰會上
Look, this... is the Jordan Valley.
這里是約旦河谷
All right, hold on, I'll make it easier.
等一下,我放到大屏幕上去
That's the Valley. Right there.
這是河谷,在這里
Occupied by Israel since 1967,
1967年以來一直歸以色列
it's been a major roadblock
一直是與巴勒斯坦之間
in any peace accord with the Palestinians.
任何和平協定的攔路虎
Underwood sends peacekeeping troops, the Israelis leave,
安德伍德派了維和部隊過去,以色列人走了
the Palestinians are happy. It's not that simple.
巴基斯坦人開心了, 沒那么簡單
Everyone gets hung up on this little patch of land ten miles by 40,
所有人都為這個小地方牽腸掛肚
but you have to look outwards,
但你得往遠了看
past Jordan and Syria, past Iraq.
跨過約旦,敘利亞還有伊拉克
Here... to the Caucasus.
這里,到高加索山脈
That's Russia's sphere of influence.
這里是俄羅斯的地盤
They don't see the peacekeeping force as a Middle East issue.
他們不覺得維和部隊是中東問題
They see it as strategic deployment of US troops
而是覺得這是美國軍隊的戰略調度
less than a thousand miles from their southern border.
離他們南部邊界不到一千里
So you're saying Corrigan's a pawn, a play for leverage?
你的意思是,科里根只是一枚棋子
More of a first salvo.
更像是打響的第一槍
Moscow wants to show it's serious about fighting this resolution.
莫斯科要表明對反抗提案是來真的
Now, if I had to guess,
要我猜的話
Underwood tried to bring Russia into the mix during the summit.
安德伍德在峰會時本是想拉攏俄羅斯
Get involved early on as partners.
成為合作伙伴
And when Petrov didn't play ball,
但佩特羅夫不肯合作
Underwood went on the offensive, which is a huge gamble.
安德伍德就能轉守為攻,是場豪賭
Tell me how. Nobody wants UN troops there.
怎么說, 沒人想讓聯合國軍隊過去
Not the Israelis, not the Palestinians,
以色列人不想,巴基斯坦人不想
not the Arabs.
阿拉伯人也不想
They're playing along because the US is pressuring them.
他們合作都是因為聯合國的施壓
But just one little thing needs to go wrong,
但只要有一點差錯
and you've got a tinderbox where everyone's holding matches.
所有人都拿著火柴等著點你的炸藥包
So why is he following this course of action at all?
那他為什么要采取這樣的行動
Because he's smart.
因為他很聰明
You just said-- He's being too smart.
可你剛說, 他是聰明過頭
If it pays off, hey, he wins a Nobel Prize. But...
要是這招行得通,他能拿諾貝爾獎
if it backfires, he leaves himself wide open.
但行不通的話,他毫無反擊之力
And that's when you need to hit him hard.
到時你得火力全開抨擊他
A disastrous foreign policy that made the world more dangerous.
讓這個世界更危險的災難性外交政策
And he had his wife with zero foreign policy experience
他讓他毫無外交經驗的妻子
lead the goddamn charge. I'd like to bring you aboard, Joe.
主掌大局, 我想讓你加入,喬
When can you start? I believe I already did.
你什么時候能開工, 我已經開工了
I'll get the paperwork over to you later today.
今天稍后我會把文件給你拿來
Let me ask, who referred me?
我想問下,是誰推薦的我
You have quite a reputation. Yeah, for being an asshole.
你聲名在外, 是啊,聲名在外的混蛋
Somebody you respect must have recommended me highly.
肯定是你尊敬的人大力舉薦了我
A former Underwood staffer.
安德伍德的前雇員
I never worked with any of his people.
我沒跟他的人共事過
Which is one of the reasons he recommended you.
這也是他舉薦你的原因之一
Touché.
有道理
What is this?
這是什么
A list of the Russian officials who will be sanctioned
如果你們賣給伊朗一丁點武器
if you sell a single truckload of arms to Iran.
就將遭制裁的俄國官員名單
I didn't even make the top ten.
我都沒進前十
These sanctions can and will escalate.
制裁會進一步擴大
And then what?
然后呢
We'd build a coalition to impose their own sanctions.
我們聯合起來,實現對他們的制裁
And then what?
然后呢
Alexi,
亞歷克西
you know what an economic crisis that would be for Russia.
你明白這會在俄羅斯造成怎樣的金融危機
Like the trade war you waged with China?
就如你們和中國打的貿易戰一樣嗎
Except in our case, only three percent of exports go to the US.
只不過我們只有3%的出口額是給美國
And Europe needs our natural gas.
歐洲需要我們的天然氣
They won't forfeit that over a few short-range missiles to Iran.
他們不會因為幾個給伊朗的短程導彈放棄這些
You don't want to challenge us
你不會想在恐怖主義國家武器
on the armament of a terrorist state.
這種問題上挑戰我們
We'll never be presented with that problem.
我們永遠不會出現這種問題
You can't assure the Israelis you'll provide troops.
你不能向以色列人保證提供軍事支援
The President doesn't have the support of either party in Congress.
國會兩黨都不支持總統
No troops, no Israel.
不出兵就沒有以色列支持
No Israel, no consensus.
沒有以色列支持就沒有共識
No consensus, no resolution.
沒有共識,提案就沒戲
I will get this resolution passed.
我會讓提案通過的
Don't underestimate my ability or desire to do so.
不要小瞧我的能力和決心
I've indulged your enthusiasm long enough.
我放任你的熱情夠久了
You've bit off more than you can chew, Claire.
你有點好高鶩遠啊,克萊爾
Leave this to the professionals
交給專業人士來處理
and let your little resolution die a painless death.
你的小提案也能死得痛快點
The truth is, you have no business being ambassador
事實就是,你不是當大使的料
any more than I do being First Lady.
就跟我不是當第一夫人的料一樣
That's a very nice dress, by the way.
裙子不錯
"She stabbed the floor with a broom. "
她用掃帚捅地板
Karaoke every Wednesday.
每周三卡拉OK之夜
Some tone-deaf drunk girl mutilating Britney Spears.
有個音癡醉妞會唱毀布蘭妮的歌
She knew they couldn't hear the broom in the bar below.
她知道樓下酒吧聽不到樓上捅掃把的聲音
But we all need a ritual, and this was hers.
但我們都需要一種形式,而這是她的
Three short thrusts, wood on wood,
捅三下,木頭對木頭
a hollow sound which accomplished nothing.
完全沒有作用的空洞之聲
David would be home soon.
戴維馬上就到家了
'It's too hot,' he'd say. She opened the window.
他會說, '太熱了' 她打開了窗戶
The music was so loud, she couldn't ignore it."
音樂非常大聲,她無法忽略"
Here.
給你
Aren't you gonna buy the new one?
你不買新的嗎
I will, on my Kindle. But will you please sign this?
我會買電子書,但你能在這本上簽字嗎
L-E-S-L-E-Y Who should I make it out to? Lesley. L-E-S-L-E-Y.
寫給誰, 萊斯莉
Scorpio totally changed my life.
《天蝎》改變了我的生活
The energy and the anger... It's my favorite book of yours.
那種力量,憤怒,是你的書里我最喜歡的
Probably my favorite book, period.
應該是我最愛的書
Make sure you read the new one. Yes.
一定要讀新的, 好的
Who should I make it out to?
要寫給誰呢
It's a perversion of the Stafford Act and you know it.
這是對《斯塔福法案》的曲解,你心里清楚
It's a reading of the Stafford Act. We read it differently.
這對《斯塔福法案》的解讀,我們的解讀不同
You can't just raid funds
你不能占用
that Congress appropriated for a specific use,
國會調撥用于特定用途的資金
then use them however you want. Clearly, I can.
任意按你的想法使用, 顯然我可以
This is a direct challenge to Congress, Mr. President.
這是在直接挑釁國會,總統先生
Bob and I have agreed.
鮑勃和我已經同意
Both parties will fight you on this.
兩黨都會在這個問題上反對你
Well, at least I'm cultivating bipartisanship.
那至少我促進了兩黨合作
Gentlemen, I don't want to do this,
先生們,我不想這樣做
but what choice have you left me?
但你們給我留了什么選擇余地嗎
Our branch is here to check yours.
我們立法部門就是要審核你的行政部門
If we didn't feel America Works warranted taxpayer money,
如果我們認為美國就業法案不配使用納稅人的錢
then it's not fit to be law. Now, look.
那就不能立法, 聽我說
This is the first time that the leaders of both parties
這是兩黨領導人第一次一起
have met with me in one room,
跟我同處一室會面
and not because I didn't invite you, because you declined.
而不是因為我沒邀請過你們,而是你們拒絕了
So, now that we're here, let's make the most of it.
既然我們都在這里,那就充分利用這次機會
I'm willing to walk back on FEMA
我愿意在聯邦應急管理局方面退讓
if we can discuss putting AmWorks on the floor.
如果我們能對美就法進行投票
You bullied us on the Education Bill.
你們在教育法案上威逼過我們
And the government freeze.
還有政府停擺
It's not gonna work this time.
這次不會成功的
You watch it work and then tell me it didn't.
你看著它成功了,卻告訴我沒有
We're drafting a law, saying this use of the DRF is illegal.
我們要起草法律,說這樣使用資金是違法的
And who's going to enforce that law?
誰來執行這項法律
We were ready to impeach one president.
我們曾準備彈劾一位總統
We'll do the same with you if necessary.
如果有必要,也會對你采取相同措施
And put Donald Blythe in this office?
然后讓唐納德·布萊斯坐進這間辦公室嗎
You know he's not up for the job.
你們也知道他干不了這份工作
Congress would get killed for malpractice.
國會會因為失職而被抨擊
As crooked as you may think I am,
不管你們認為我有多狡詐
you know I can handle the pressure, and you know Donald can't.
你知道我可以頂住壓力,而唐納德不行
So pass your law, I'll veto it.
你們通過法律,我也會否決的
And when you overrule me in the Senate,
等你們在參議院否決我
we'll let the third branch decide.
我們就讓第三方來決定
Don't declare war on Congress, Mr. President.
別向國會宣戰,總統先生
Not on Congress. I'm declaring war on atrophy.
不是向國會宣戰,我是向衰退宣戰
But these days, who could tell the difference?
但現在誰又能看出區別呢
So how about this?
不如這樣
I'll order a pizza.
我叫份披薩
When it gets here, I bring it into this room...
到了之后,我拿進這個房間
with a paper towel draped over my arm.
我手臂上披一條紙巾
Voilà. Just like... room service.
來了,就像客房服務
You don't let your kids eat pizza.
你不讓你孩子吃披薩
Well, because I've seen what it does to a carotid artery.
因為我已經看過了那對頸動脈的危害
And you're not my kids.
而你又不是我的孩子
Do you think they like me?
你覺得他們喜歡我嗎
They adore you.
他們崇拜你
Matt asked if you could teach him how to drive.
馬特問你能不能教他開車
Really? Yeah.
真的嗎, 當然
He says you'd be less judgmental.
他說你不會那么苛刻
Do you want to get married?
你想結婚嗎
To you, or in general?
跟你還是籠統來說
I'm serious.
我是認真的
So where'd this come from?
從哪冒出的想法
We've talked about it.
我們都談過了
We say "I love you."
我們說"我愛你"
I want a husband. You want a wife.
我想要個丈夫,你想要個妻子
This works, the two of us, don't you think?
這樣行得通,我們倆,你不覺得嗎
It's very romantic. Aren't we past romance?
非常浪漫, 我們不是浪漫過了嗎
I bought you a ring.
我給你賣了個戒指
Why didn't you say anything?
你為什么都沒說
It's the element of surprise.
不然怎么是驚喜
That's kind of the point, isn't it?
不就是要有驚喜嗎
It's in my glove compartment. I can go get it if you want.
在我的儲物箱里,你想要的話我去拿
No, I want you to order the pizza.
不,我要你定披薩
We can do the whole ring thing tomorrow.
明天再弄戒指的事
When did you get in?
你什么時候回來的
Couple of hours ago. Well, come and sit down.
幾小時前, 過來坐吧
I feel like I haven't seen you for what, has it been three days?
我覺得我好像有三天沒見到你了
Four, I think.
我想是四天
It's just all been a big blur.
都記不清了
Same in New York.
我在紐約也一樣
Any luck?
有好消息嗎
They're like a broken record, Francis.
他們跟復讀機似的,弗蘭西斯
Do I need to call the prime minister?
需要我給總理打電話嗎
Oh, I think it's gonna take more than a phone call.
一通電話可能解決不了
Tell me. That's not why I'm here, actually.
說說吧, 其實我不是為這個來的
Hang on, hang on.
等等,等等
So much has been going on in the past few months,
過去幾個月發生的事太多
we hardly have time to talk.
咱倆都沒時間聊聊了
Here, use this.
用這個
I feel bad about the other night
那晚你要睡我的床
when you wanted to sleep in my bed.
我不該趕你走
Oh, that. You shouldn't.
不用自責
I just
我就是
I don't know why I started sleeping in there.
我也不知道為什么在那邊睡了
Well, if I remember correctly, you had a cold.
沒記錯的話是你感冒了
But why I stayed.
但為什么沒回去
You don't have to explain.
你不用解釋
I want you to know that I love you.
我想說我愛你
It has nothing to do with that.
不是因為這個
I love you... as much as ever.
我像以前一樣愛你
Not another word.
不用說了
Let's finish talking about Israel in the morning.
明早繼續談以色列的事吧
You said more than a phone call?
你說一通電話解決不了
They need it in stone, Francis, that we'll contribute troops.
他們需要承諾,弗蘭西斯,真的出兵
An executive order. Congress won't be happy.
行政命令, 國會肯定不樂意
Well, they're already not happy.
反正已經不開心了
I spat in one eye, I might as well spit in the other.
惡心了他們一次,就不在乎第二次了
Consider it done.
沒問題
Thank you. Thank you for your support.
謝謝,謝謝你的支持
Thank you so much. Thank you.
非常感謝,謝謝
Thank you. Oh, sure.
謝謝,可以啊
Did you get it?
拍到了嗎
Thank you. Thank you so much.
謝謝,非常感謝
Thank you. Thank you for your support.
謝謝,謝謝你的支持
Thank you, sir.
謝謝你,先生
I liked your speech, Ms. Dunbar.
我喜歡你的演講,鄧巴女士
And I've heard more than a few.
我聽過的演講可多了
I appreciate you saying that, sir.
非常感謝,先生
I know Iowans aren't easily impressed.
我知道愛荷華州人不容易取悅
What you said about integrity?
你之前怎么說正直來著
Well, if you can bring that to Washington, I'll caucus for you.
你要是保證做位正直的總統,我就幫你拉票
One supporter at a time. That's how we'll win this.
一次爭取一票,選舉就得這樣
And that young man? I feel for him. He's an inspiring individual.
那個小伙子,我替他難過,挺鼓舞人心的
John, there's someone I want you to meet.
約翰,來見見這位先生
Your name, sir? Clive Reynolds.
您叫什么, 克萊夫·雷諾茲
Mr. Reynolds, nice to meet you. I'm praying for your husband.
雷諾茲先生,幸會, 我在為你丈夫祈禱
It's awful he's still stuck there. Stamper's in the cafeteria.
他還在俄羅斯真是可惜, 斯坦普在餐廳
Thank you, Mr. Reynolds. Thank you.
謝謝,雷諾茲先生,謝謝
Thank you for your support. Thank you for coming out.
謝謝你們的支持,謝謝你們前來
You could've just called.
打個電話就好了
I hate July Fourth in DC.
我討厭在華盛頓過國慶
Plus, I wanted to see you in action.
還想看看你怎么拉選票
What'd you think?
怎么樣
I need her to leave.
她得離開
I'll meet you at the car.
車上見
Heather-- Cynthia.
希瑟, 辛西婭
Read that.
看看吧
Mrs. Underwood asked me to destroy it.
安德伍德夫人要我毀掉
I didn't. You should have.
我沒照做, 應該毀掉的
She lied on national television.
她在全國電視上說謊了
I am not running that sort of campaign.
我不會用這種手段競選的
But it's good to know it's available.
至少你知道手里有招了
I would never do that to another woman,
我絕不會那么對一個女人
and neither would Cynthia.
辛西婭也不會
Cynthia was a good choice for your manager.
選辛西婭做競選經理挺不錯
She'll run a top-notch operation.
她肯定能經營好團隊
But you need someone who's willing to do the things
但你需要有人做一些
that people like her won't do.
她下不去手的事
When you asked me for a job,
你要我聘用你的時候
you said you wanted to turn over a new leaf.
你說你想翻開新的一頁
I have a certain skill set, Ms. Dunbar.
我的技能很單一,鄧巴女士
For me, turning over a new leaf
對我來說,翻開新的一頁
is using my skills for the right reasons.
就是為好事業使用我的技能
Like putting you in office.
比如幫你當選
One-fifty. One point on the ad-buy.
15萬,廣告投入的1%
No points.
廣告投入不行
But I'll do a hundred thousand win bonus
但幫我贏得提名權
if we get the nomination.
給你十萬獎金
I hope I came over here for some good news.
希望你是說好消息的
I'm in. You can tell the president.
我加入,告訴總統吧
August 19th.
8月19號
We wanted you to announce a lot earlier than that.
我們要求的宣布時間比那早很多
No, not the announcement. This.
不,不是宣布,是這個
Cardiology's good money.
心臟病醫生挺闊啊
Aren't you gonna say congrats?
你不恭喜一下嗎
I've never seen you be this girly.
從沒見你這么少女心
It's a fucking diamond. I'm allowed to be a little girly.
這他媽是鉆戒啊,少女一下怎么了
Congratulations. I'm happy for you both.
恭喜,我為你們倆高興
Are you?
真的嗎
Sorry. That wasn't fair.
抱歉,我不該那么說
Maybe we should talk about dates for announcing the campaign.
也許我們該談談宣布競選的時間
Yeah, I have a few ideas. Let me pull up my calendar.
對,我想到幾個時間,讓我看下日程表
Week after next seems to be the best option.
看來下下周最合適
You have plans tonight?
你今晚有約嗎
For the fireworks?
去看煙火
Alan and I are taking his kids.
艾倫和我準備帶他的孩子們一起去
Right. Makes sense.
好吧,也對
You were saying, about a week after next?
你剛才說下下周嗎
The Ambassador's inside. You want me to go in there?
大使在里面, 你想讓我進去嗎
She's just putting on makeup.
她只是在化妝
I can wait until she comes out.
我可以等她出來
She's going straight to her plane. If you don't mind.
她會直接去機場,如果您不介意的話
Alexi.
亞歷克西
The day got away from me, so I have to head down to DC
今天過得太快,得馬上去華盛頓
for the July Fourth celebration.
參加國慶慶祝活動
You may consider me an Ambassador from the men's room.
你可以當我是男衛生間的大使
Don't make me laugh. I'll have to start over.
別逗我笑,否則我就得重化
Good? Quite.
怎么樣, 很美
Alexi, I think we've gotten off on the wrong foot.
亞歷克西,我們之前一直互有敵意
We need to find a better way to work together.
我們得找到個更好的合作方法
You're letting go of the resolution?
你要撤回提案嗎
Eyes? Perfect.
眼妝呢, 堪稱完美
It's always nice to have a man's opinion.
能聽到男人的想法總是好事
You were right, by the way.
順便說下,你是對的
Israel won't back us unless we commit troops.
只有我們派兵,以色列才會支持我們
You called my bluff, Alexi,
你識破了我的虛張聲勢,亞歷克西
and I shouldn't have insulted you with one in the first place.
而我就不該如此,這是侮辱你
I'll be outside when you finish.
我去外面等你了
The President signed an Executive Order this morning.
總統今早簽署了一份行政命令
Five thousand US military reassigned
五千名美國士兵被派往
to permanent standby for UN Peacekeeping operations.
長久待命支援聯合國維和行動
Jerusalem has been informed.
耶路撒冷已知曉此事
Your husband doesn't have that kind of authority.
你丈夫并沒有這種權利
It's occupied territory. He's not deploying on sovereign land.
那是占領區,他并未向他國領土派兵
So, as Commander in Chief,
作為三軍統帥
he doesn't need Congressional approval.
他不需要得到國會批準
Israel's back on board again, Alexi,
以色列又與我們同一陣線了,亞歷克西
so the moment you sell arms to Iran,
只要你們向伊朗出售軍火
we will shoot the planes out of the sky, the trucks off the road,
我們會擊落運輸機,擊翻貨運卡車
and the ships out of the water.
擊沉所有貨船
Now... maybe you'd be able to afford sanctions...
也許你們不怕遭到制裁
but you sure as hell can't afford a war.
但你們絕不敢挑起戰爭
Come back to the table. Engage us in good faith.
重新回到談判桌上來,與我們真誠談判
Or the resolution goes to a vote next week.
否則下周提案就將進入表決環節
I have always been willing to talk.
我一直很愿意與你磋商
Not you and I. President to president.
我不是說你與我,是總統間的對話
Oh, and we need Michael Corrigan released, also.
我們還需要你們釋放邁克爾·科里根
I'll communicate your message to Moscow.
我會將你的訊息傳達給莫斯科
Please. Hand me a towel, would you?
麻煩了,能給我遞張紙巾嗎
What a gentleman.
真有紳士風度
You ever been to the White House before?
你以前來過白宮嗎
When I won the National Book Award.
當我得國家圖書獎的時候
Nancy was a fan. I'm surprised.
南茜是書迷, 真是出乎我意料
That story doesn't exactly revere family values.
那個故事可跟家庭價值沒什么關系
She's got the astrologer in her.
她流著占星家的血
I think she liked the title more than anything.
我覺得她最愛的就是標題
Scorpio was a very good book.
《天蝎》這書很不錯
Still pays the rent. Have a seat.
夠糊口而已, 請坐
Why am I here, Mr. President?
為什么讓我來,總統先生
Remy briefed you.
雷米跟你解釋過
He said you needed a book. He didn't say about what.
他說你需要本書,但沒說題材是什么
America Works.
關于美國就業法案
Not just the policy, but the origins.
并不只關于政策,還有它的起源
How a boy grew up in a dirt-poor shithole
一位出身貧寒的少年
and climbed his way out through hard work.
是如何努力工作攀上人生巔峰
A story of dignity. The pride that comes with one's labor.
一個關于尊嚴的故事,為努力工作而自豪
Propaganda. You could call it that.
政治宣傳, 也可以這么說
This sort of thing... it's not in my wheelhouse.
這種文章,我并不擅長
You need a salesman, not a novelist.
您需要推銷員,而非小說家
"Whoever you are, whoever you think you are, "
不論你是誰,不論你以為自己是誰
believe that you're also a silent princess.
想象你是位沉默的公主
Your name is Ida.
名叫艾達
Your journey is one through a forgotten landscape
你的旅程將發生在一個被人遺忘的世界
of twisting staircases and morphing castles,
那里滿布著扭曲的階梯和變形的城堡
atop floating stones defiantly crossing an angry sea,
你將踩著浮石去征服怒海狂濤
within dimly-lit caverns cobwebbed with ruins
在昏暗的燈光下探索廢墟遍地的洞穴
M.C. Escher could only grasp at in a dream state."
莫里茲·艾雪在夢中才能窺見這樣的世界"
You read my video game reviews?
您讀過我寫的游戲評測
I tend to play shoot-'em-ups.
我經常玩清版射擊游戲
The indie games don't really interest me.
對獨立游戲并不感興趣
I need adrenaline and action.
我需要刺激與戰斗
But when I read this, I had to try it.
但當我讀了這個,我一定要玩玩看
If you can convince me to
如果你能僅通過一百字
be a silent princess with just a hundred words,
說服我做一位沉默的公主
imagine how many millions you can convince with this book.
想想看你這本書將能說服幾百萬人
You are a salesman, Thomas.
你就是推銷員,托馬斯
I wasn't trying to sell anything. Just describe my experience.
我也沒想推銷什么,就是講下我的感受
That's exactly what I want you to do with my story.
我也要你這么對待我的故事
No sales pitch, just your honest curiosity.
不要粉飾,講一下你的好奇就好
Besides, these kinds of books are always so boring, so safe.
再說,這種書都很無聊,太保守
I want something different, something... unique.
我想要點不同的,獨特的
Your voice.
用你的文筆
I don't even know if I believe in your program.
我都不知道自己相不相信你的計劃
Come with me. I want to show you something.
跟我來,給你看點東西
You build it and they come.
種了樹,大家自然會來乘涼
Today, the Washington Mall is the real Field of Dreams.
今天的國家廣場是夢想之地
Three thousand people have registered
今早開門之后
since we set up shop this morning.
來了三千人注冊
Now that's what I call a Fourth of July party!
這才叫國慶節聚會
And we're gonna keep the party going 'round the clock, 24/7,
這個聚會會不眠不休,一直辦下去
till everyone in DC who wants a job
直到首都每個想求職的人
can make their way down here and sign up.
都來這里注冊過
Have a look.
看看吧
Do you see that line of people? The AmWorks tent.
看到那隊伍了嗎, 美就法的帳篷
It stretches from there all the way to the Lincoln Memorial.
從那兒一直延伸到林肯紀念碑
They started lining up before sunrise.
天還沒亮就開始排隊了
It's really something.
真了不起
Thomas, at best, I'm going to be a footnote in history
托馬斯,幫不到他們,我最好也就做個
if I can't help those people. At worst, I'll be a joke.
歷史的腳注,搞不好還會成笑柄
I am those people.
我跟他們一樣
I want you to tell that story.
我希望你把這個寫下來
What do you say?
怎么樣
I don't know. What's your gut say?
不知道, 你的直覺呢
That you don't add up, and I'm intrigued.
你的話好像不太對勁,但我很感興趣
But not sold. Not yet.
但還沒說服你, 還沒
Well, I'll pay you well, and at the very least,
錢是肯定不會少了你的
this sort of access is worth its weight in gold, isn't it?
這種活兒一向能撈一筆
Sir, the First Lady's back.
先生,第一夫人回來了
I have to go give my Fourth of July speech before the fireworks.
我得在放焰火之前致辭
How quickly would you need the book? By January.
您要多久寫完, 一月之前
I've never written anything in less than a year.
我寫東西一向要一年多
Well, you don't strike me
我看你的樣子
as someone who shies away from a challenge.
不像見了挑戰就退縮的
I'd need to be able to write it the way I want to write it.
我得按我自己的方式寫
Absolutely. Look, take your time. Enjoy the view.
沒問題,多待一會兒,看看風景
Meechum will show you out when you're done.
看完了密查姆會送你出去的
And I promise, if you say yes, you won't regret it.
我保證,你答應了絕不會后悔
No writer worth his salt can resist a good story,
有水平的作家都不會拒絕好故事的
just as no politician can resist making promises he can't keep.
就像政客總忍不住亂許諾言一樣
Viktor, we'd be honored to accept the invitation.
維克多,能邀請我們萬分榮幸
Yes, I agree, there's much to discuss.
是的, 要談的事太多了
I'll have my office reach out to the Kremlin.
我會叫我的辦公室聯系克里姆林宮的
We'll find dates that work for both of us.
安排一個都方便的日期
Thank you.
謝謝
Well, you should get some sleep. It's late over there.
你該睡了吧,那邊都好晚了
Good night.
晚安
Hold off on the vote?
還不肯說投票的事
Until we sit down. But we keep it in our back pocket.
等談了再說,不過可以算到手了
Michael Corrigan?
邁克爾·科里根呢
They're going to release him when we visit.
等到訪的時候釋放他
You made a miracle happen.
你造就了奇跡
We did.
是我們
...each unique citizen contributes to our future.
每一位獨一無二的公民都影響著未來
Can you turn that up?
能大點聲嗎
Our forefathers, when they declared independence,
我們的先輩宣布獨立時
understood the power of the individual,
就理解個體的力量
the value of self-determination.
自主的價值
They freed us from tyranny.
他們把我們從暴政中解放出來
They proved... He is a tyrant.
他們證明了... 他就是暴君
I don't know, there's a lot of people out there.
誰知道,那里那么多人
He might be onto something.
他也許做對了
Executive Order for UN troops? He's out of control.
下令調派聯合國駐軍嗎,他瘋了吧
At least he's doing something. Walker didn't do shit.
至少他還有行動,沃克什么都沒干
I think we replaced a dud with an atom bomb.
我們彈劾了個啞炮,換了個原子彈
They had to fight to secure their freedom.
他們的自由是抗爭得來的
And now we have to fight to maintain it.
我們也要通過抗爭保住自由
The freedom to work.
工作的自由
The freedom to live with dignity.
體面地活著的自由
The freedom to hope.
希望的自由
Thank you, and God bless the United States of America.
謝謝你們,天佑美國,