Here's Owens, the Welshman.
拿球的是歐文,威爾士男子漢
Nice piece of skill to get past Neep.
漂亮得把球傳給了尼普
Still Owens, heading toward the penalty area.
還是歐文,頭球擺渡到罰球區
Wide it goes to Marwick.
球到了馬維克腳下
Marwick with it. Touch inside to Williams.
馬維克傳給了威廉姆斯
Williams with a lovely chip toward the back post.
威廉姆斯一記漂亮的傳球
Mountroy is there. It's in the net!
蒙特瑞在球門前
A scorching header from Mountroy,
蒙特瑞的頭球,球進了
and Manchester United are back on top!
曼聯又領先了
It's 2-1 here as Arsenal again caught ball-watching
現在是二比一,阿森納...
What are bees doing in here?
這些蜜蜂在這里干嗎
Buzzing. No. I mean,
在嗡嗡飛呢, 不,我的意思是
why aren't they on the roof with the others?
為什么它們不和其它蜜蜂在屋頂呆著
I'm seeing how the indoor temperature suits them.
我在觀察它們是如何適應室溫的
Our six weeks together are very nearly up, Watson.
我們六周的共同生活快要結束了,華生
In a matter of days, your room will be vacant.
幾天之后,你的房間會空閑下來
I'm very seriously considering
我在慎重考慮是否
turning it into one large apiary.
將它作為一間大的養峰房
Finally the space will serve a purpose.
到那時那間房終于能有點用處了
Oh, you say the nicest things.
你就不能說點好話嗎
The end of our companionship is actually what I wanted
在我陪護的最后部分我想要
to talk to you about. Do tell.
告訴你一些事, 說吧
Well, when I'm wrapping up with a client,
當我要和客戶解除關系時
I like to carry out exit protocols.
會實施一個退出協議
Sounds ominous.
聽起來不太吉利呀
No, we just need to carve out a time to talk.
不,我們僅僅需要擠出時間來談談
It's time I told you, Watson.
是時候告訴你了,華生
You place far too much emphasis on talking.
你將太多重點放在了談話上
Most of what we humans have to say to one another is
我們人類想對其它人傳遞信息
communicated haptically.
大部分用的是觸覺式交流
When I think of the many thousands of words
我都想到了數千個單詞
that you yourself have wasted during your time here...
你卻還在這浪費時間
We'll go to dinner, we'll talk--
我們去吃晚餐,我們交談
verbally, haptically, whatever.
口頭的,觸覺式的,都行
I think the whole point is to reflect on your progress.
我認為重點應該反映在你的進步上
Reflection is for mirrors.
反射是對鏡子而言的
Can't you just hand me a report card?
你就不能提交一份報告單嗎
Well, I am working on a final assessment,
好吧,我一直在寫最終評定
but that is for your father.
不過那是提交給你父親的
Right, 'cause he's the one paying your exorbitant fees.
對了,因為他是付你過高薪的老板
Actually, my fees are the opposite of exorbitant.
事實上,我的報酬剛好和你說的相反
He'll probably put it on his fridge
他很可能會把它放在他的冰箱上
with his many colorful magnets.
用他五彩的磁石壓著
Oh, no, wait. He doesn't have any magnets or interest in me.
等等,他對我沒有任何吸引力或興趣
Captain Gregson, how may I be of assistance?
格雷森警監,有什么可以幫到你的
The owner of the house is a CPA by the name of Ian Vickers.
房子的主人叫伊恩·維克斯,注冊會計師
We're pretty sure he's also the victim.
我們十分肯定他是受害者
And by "Pretty sure," You mean...
你說"十分肯定"是什么意思
I mean there's no body.
我的意思是沒發現尸體
Just blood.
只有血
This is all from one person?
這些血全來自一個人嗎
Well, we pulled some hairs out of a comb in his bathroom
我們在浴室的梳子上取了一些頭發
to check the DNA, so, yeah, for now.
去檢測DNA 基本上是了
Vickers' secretary dropped off some files,
維克斯的秘書落下了一些文件
and found the place like this.
回來就發現了現場
Hard to like his chances, given all this.
真不幸,看到如此慘狀
Hey. You okay?
你還好吧
So, aside from the blood, the scene is clean.
除了這些血跡,現場很干凈
No footprints, no witnesses, no nothing.
沒腳印,沒目擊證人,什么也沒有
Whoever did this-- we don't know the first thing about him.
不管是誰干的,我們都一無所知
He's tall.
他是個高個子
I beg your pardon?
你說什么
He's tall. Strong, too.
他是個高個子,而且非常壯
He'd have to be to hang his victims from a hook.
他必須把受害者用勾子吊起來
Hook's gone now, but it was at one point attached
勾子現在不見了,不過它是被連接在了
to a tripod device of the killer's own design.
兇手自己設計的三腳架上
He assembled it after he incapacitated Vickers,
他使受害者喪失行動能力后,組裝設備
then hung him upside down, slit his throat.
然后把他倒掛起來,割破喉嚨
Gravity and the last few beats of his heart drove
重力和最后的心跳
every last ounce of blood from his body.
使他身體里每一滴血都流了出來
A tripod device?
一個三腳架設備
Here. It's from one of its legs.
這里,這痕跡來自其中一條腿
There are two more groove marks
還有兩個凹槽
inside the perimeter of the blood-- there and there.
在血跡的邊界里頭,那里,還有那里
After he'd completely drained Vickers,
在放干了維克斯的血之后
he dismantled the device, taking it
兇手拆解了設備
and the exsanguinated corpse of his victim with him.
帶著抽干血的尸體,離開了
How the hell did you deduce all that from this pool of blood?
你是如何僅從這灘血液里推理出這些的
I didn't deduce anything, actually.
事實上我沒有推理任何東西
I've stalked this particular madman before.
我曾經追查過這個瘋子
In London.
在倫敦
A simple moniker for a complicated monster.
給難懂的怪物起的一個簡單的綽號
He is, without question, the most sinister taker of lives
毫無疑問,他是讓我嘗到失敗滋味的
I have ever had the displeasure of pursuing.
最兇險的殺人兇手
He's been active since January 2002.
2002年二月開始他頻繁活動
During the last ten years,
在過去的十年時間里
he has tallied a body count of 37.
累計殺了37個人
His image has never been captured.
他的圖像從未被捕捉到
He is methodical.
他做事有條理
He is as efficient as he is clean.
高效且不留痕跡
And he also has no type or victim profile,
而且他也沒有特定的受害者類型
which makes it almost impossible
這使得我們不可能預測
to predict when, where, or whom he might strike.
他何時,何地,或對誰犯案
His oldest victim in the U.K. Was in her late 80s.
他最老的受害者在倫敦,將近90歲
The youngest-- 12.
最年輕的, 12歲
He drains his victims of his or her blood,
他放干受害者的血
then dumps their bodies in the ocean.
然后棄尸到海里
Bodies of 21 of his victims were recovered
當中21具尸體在被沖到海岸時
when they washed up on the coastline.
已被找到
The other 16 were, presumably, carried out to sea.
其余的16具大概沉到海底了
And I wouldn't be surprised
如果維克斯先生的尸體
if the body of his latest victim,
在幾天之后
Mr. Vickers, were to make an appearance
出現在某個海灘上
on one of your beaches in the next few days.
我不會感到吃驚
I'm gonna call the Coast Guard,
我會通知海岸警衛隊
tell them to keep an eye out? Yeah.
注意觀察的, 好的
I trust that the lab has by now confirmed
我相信現在實驗室確定了
that the blood at the scene was Vickers'?
犯罪現場的的血是來自維克斯的
All 12 pints of it.
一共6.8升血,都是他的
M's fascination with blood is
M對血液的著迷
as mysterious as the man himself.
就像他本人一樣捉摸不透
He mentions it in his, uh,
他在他與警察的通信當中
correspondence with the police...
提到了這些
but only rarely. You'll notice that he has
不過很少,你會注意到
a tendency to ramble.
他有漫談的傾向
Do not be fooled.
不要被愚弄了
I have long suspected that M isn't nearly as mad
我一直懷疑M并沒有瘋到
as he would like us to believe.
他試圖表現的那個程度
His letters are, in my humble estimation, a feint,
以我的估計,他的信件內容是假的
an attempt to make the authorities, or anyone
試圖使官方或者
who would attempt to analyze him,
任何一個想去分析他的人
believe that he is one thing, when he is, in fact, another.
覺得他是這樣的,而實則不然
Finally, M tends to kill
最后, M趨向于
in bunches, so the whole NYPD
連續殺人,所以紐約刑警
should be prepared for more bodies to drop.
應該準備著搜尋更多的棄尸
I've brought my own personal files
我把我自己的關于M的
on M to the station,
文件帶來了
and I'm arranging them for your consumption.
我會分享這些文件,以便破案
Hey. How are you doing?
你怎么樣了
Quite well. Why?
很棒,為何這么問
You seem oddly chipper.
你看上去胸有成竹
I do?
是嗎
Yeah, and last night, at the crime scene--
是啊,還有昨晚在犯罪現場
the way you were staring at the blood.
你看那灘血的眼神
Well, I was struck, I suppose.
我想,我是太震驚了
I mean, the moment I laid eyes on the scene,
我是說,看到現場的時候
I knew it could only be the handiwork of... M.
我就知道這肯定只能是M的手筆
And this morning?
那今天早上呢
Ten years ago, when M first started killing,
十年前, M首次出現殺人時
I was an integral part of the investigation.
我是調查組的重要成員
By the time he had claimed his 36th life, however,
而在他宣稱收割了第36條性命時
my addiction was out of control.
很不幸,我的毒癮犯了
I was, I'm quite embarrassed to say,
說起來很尷尬,我那時
useless to the police.
對警察破案毫無幫助
Now, his appearance here in the States--
現在,他出現在美國
it's a second chance for me.
這是我的第二次機會
It's an opportunity to do what I should have done
這個機會,能讓我完成很早以前就該
a long time ago-- bring a ruthless killer to justice.
完成的事,將一個殘忍的殺手繩之以法
Let me ask you something.
有些事問你
This-this M character-- what, uh...
這個叫M的殺手...
What was his awareness of you back in London?
在倫敦時,他是怎么看待你的
Oh, he may have referenced me in a letter or two. Why?
他曾在一兩封信中提到過我,怎么了
Seems sort of coincidental, don't you think?
你不覺得這一切太巧合了嗎
Him coming to New York so soon after you?
他緊隨你其后來到紐約
Well, I-I... I hadn't considered that.
我還沒想到這個
Really? I suppose it is a little odd--
真的嗎, 我覺得這有點奇怪
flattering if you think about it.
如果是這樣,那他是在自鳴得意
Hmm. I'm gonna post a couple uniforms
我會在你寓所周圍布置警力
in front of your place until further notice.
直到另行通知
Captain, I hardly think that's necessary.
警監,我覺得沒必要
Much appreciated. Thank you.
十分感謝,謝謝
Hey, just a reminder that I have an appointment
提醒你一下,我過一會兒與人有約
in a little while, but I will be back in a couple of hours.
但我幾個小時就會回來
I shall count the seconds until your return.
在你回來前我都會讀秒的
Well, in the meantime, I thought I could dig into the M files.
在此期間,我能仔細查閱關于M的文件
You have so many. I can help.
有那么多文件呢,我可以幫你
Actually, Watson, it occurs to me
事實上,華生,尋求你的幫助
that help from you is the last thing that I need.
必須得成為過去式了
Much as it pains me to admit it,
承認這點對我來說很痛苦
you have become something of a crutch.
但你已經成為我不可或缺的拐杖了
I need to get used to working by myself again.
我得習慣再次一個人的工作
Are you sure? Positive.
你確定, 非常肯定
In fact, I encourage you
事實上,我鼓勵你
to leave for your appointment immediately.
立即馬上去赴你的約
This is good. Exciting.
這樣很好,很刺激
I shall keep you apprised of my progress via e-mail.
我會通過郵件告訴你我的進程的
So, it's been a while since I've been here.
我已經有一段時間沒來了
It's been really busy.
最近一直很忙
With?
和誰
Sherlock. It's our last week together,
夏洛克,這是我們在一起的最后一周了
so I'm trying to get us both ready.
所以我在嘗試讓彼此能接受離別
I'm your therapist, Joan.
我是你的治療師,喬恩
My confidentiality protects your confidentiality.
我的保密性會保證你的隱私不外泄
How does he feel about you leaving?
他對你的離開是怎么想的
I think he's ready.
我想他做好心理準備了
I mean, he told me to take off early this morning
我是說,今早他告訴我早點離開
so that he could work on his new case without me.
這樣他才能習慣查案時沒有我在身邊
You must have mixed feelings.
你的感受肯定很復雜
I know how invigorating you've found his work.
我知道你在和他工作時,又有了活力
You went from being a surgeon to an addiction counselor.
過去你從外科醫生變成了戒毒陪護
There's no reason you couldn't make another change,
沒道理說你不能再次改變啊
pursue work of a more investigative nature.
去從事一個有更多調查性的工作
Yeah-I-I'm not interested
我沒有興趣
in becoming an investigator.
成為一個偵探
I like what I do right now.
我喜歡我現在的工作
Well, there's the rub, I'm afraid.
恐怕這就是問題所在了
Short of your client falling off the wagon,
沒有客戶你就脫離了工作的范疇
your "Right now"
你所說的現在
is coming to an end.
也就是結束了
Thanks for the effort.
謝謝你的服侍
Thanks, baby.
多謝惠顧,寶貝兒
So, what do you do?
所以,你是做什么的
Before I go,
我走之前
you want another go?
還想再來一次嗎
Do you mind, love?
親愛的,介意讓開點嗎
The Arsenal are playing.
阿森納正在比賽
Thanks again, baby.
再次感謝,寶貝兒
This was fun.
我很舒服
Hey. I got your text.
我收到你的短信了
Meet Ian Vickers.
來見見伊恩·維克斯
Washed up not long ago on Roosevelt Island.
前不久在羅斯福島被沖上岸的
Thus narrowing M's dump site
因此將M的棄尸場所
to the entire east side of Manhattan.
縮小到了整個曼哈頓東區
My money's on the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
我覺得是在布魯克林海軍船廠
Oil in the hair.
頭發上有油
I noticed.
我注意到了
There's a high concentration of industrial engine oil
海軍船廠附近海域有高濃度的
around the navy yard.
工業潤滑油
I donated to the cleanup effort a couple years ago.
幾年前,我給那兒的清理工作捐過錢
I'm gonna miss this.
我會想念這個的
Well, maybe not this, but...
不是這個尸體
this.
是破案
Working with you.
和你一起破案
I think what you do is amazing.
我認為你所做的非同凡響
I wanted to tell you that at our "Wrap-up dinner"
我本想在我們的總結晚餐時告訴你的
but it seems less and less likely that's gonna happen.
但似乎這樣晚餐的機會越來越少了
Anyway, I'm gonna wait outside-- just give me
好吧,我在外面等你
a five-minute warning, and I'll call a cab.
提前五分鐘告訴我,我叫出租車
So, given that it's after 11:00, our delivery options
所以考慮到要在11點以后
are a little more limited.
我們的交付選項就多了很多限制
There is that Vietnamese place on 23rd,
23號街上有家越南菜館
but I think you said it was a front for songbird smuggling.
但我記得你說過它是走私飛禽的掩護地
Watson, I need you to be very, very quiet right now.
華生,現在需要你非常非常安靜
Why?
怎么了
Because I believe our home has just become a crime scene.
因為我想,我們家成了一個犯罪現場
"Men make plans, God laughs.
"謀事在人,成事在天
I am laughing at you now, as I always have.
而我就是天,一如往昔
You think you honor me with your pursuit,
你以為屈尊降貴追捕我,是我的榮幸
You do not.
你錯了
You are a mouse chasing a lion,
自不量力,以卵擊石
a mere planet in orbit of a raging sun."
必將自取滅亡"
You talk to Ellis and Hitch yet?
你問過艾利斯和希契了嗎
Yeah. They were parked out front all night
問了,他們的車整夜都停在前門外
and never saw anyone come near the door.
沒看見有人接近大門
He came in the back.
他是從后門進來的
The lock on the rear door was picked.
后門的鎖被撬開了
Quite expertly, I might add.
我得承認,手段相當高明
I guess this answers the question
看來他來到紐約
about whether he came to New York for you, huh?
確實是為了你,對吧
My sincerest apologies, Captain.
向你表示最誠懇的歉意,警監
If I'd have had any notion that my presence here
要是我知道我在這里出現
would have drawn him to your city...
會把他也引來的話...
Hey, hey, uh, he's the twist, okay? Not you.
別這么說,犯罪的是他,不是你
You two should go pack a few things.
你們倆該去整理一下東西
I'm taking you to a safe house
在M的案子了結之前
until all this... M stuff gets resolved.
我會安排你們住在安全的地方
Captain, I hardly think that that's necessary.
警監,我覺得沒必要
Wha...? There's a psychopath with 37 notches
什么,一個身背37條命案的
in his belt that is targeting you
變態殺手已經盯上你了
and was inside your home.
還潛入過你家
Look, if he wanted me dead, he would have lain in wait,
如果他真想要我的命,就不會干等
not left some bombastic note.
更不會留這么矯揉造作的字條
Holmes... He wants the game.
福爾摩斯, 他在玩一場游戲
He wants me fully engaged.
他想要我全情參與
That's all.
僅此而已
If you're concerned, feel free
你要是還擔心
to leave additional security at the back of the building.
請隨便在后門加派人手
But I assure you, I am safe as houses here.
但我向你保證,我在這比去哪都安全
I guess that leaves you, Miss Watson.
你意下如何,華生小姐
I'm staying.
我也留下
I go where he goes, remember?
我得和他在一起,你記得嗎
Thank you very much.
非常感謝
Good night.
晚安
I'm heading to bed.
我要睡了
What's all that?
你在看什么
Oh, it's another of my father's properties.
這是我爸的另一處房產
I'm... thinking of moving when you and I part ways.
我在考慮等我們分道揚鑣之后搬家
Since when?
什么時候想到的
Since our humble home
自從我們的陋居
was penetrated so easily by a madman.
被一個瘋子輕而易舉地闖進來之后
But you told Captain Gregson you weren't worried.
但你和格雷森警監說你不擔心
I'm not.
我是不擔心
I'm just thinking ahead.
我只是提前打算
My enemies are legion.
我的敵人不計其數
The next one might leave more than just a note.
下一個可能就不是留紙條這么簡單了
So much for the giant apiary in my bedroom.
沒什么比我臥室里的大蜂房更可怕了
Everyone else is gone, correct? It's just us?
大家都走了,對嗎,就我倆嗎
Just us.
就我倆
Yo, man, I got these knockoff Gucci shades--
老兄,我這有幾副山寨的古馳墨鏡...
20 bucks, and they're yours.
一口價20塊,就歸你了
No, thanks.
不用,謝謝
All right, too Euro-trash?
好吧,是不是太歐洲范兒了
I got more of an American feel for you.
我幫你找點更本土的
I got some movies. I got all the new releases.
我這有電影碟片,新上映的都有
Even got a couple Oscar bait in here. Back off.
連奧斯卡的熱門片也有, 讓開
Come on, man,
別這樣,老兄
could you just check it out for me, please?
拜托你隨便看看吧
I said back off!
我說滾開
Yo, dawg, you just broke my phone.
老兄,你把我手機摔壞了
Yeah, that's right, you better run.
做得對,你最好快逃
Sorry to bother you.
抱歉,打擾了
He was making his way up to your stoop.
他想從門前的露臺上來
Claims to be a friend of Mr. Holmes.
聲稱自己是福爾摩斯先生的朋友
You know him?
你認識他嗎
I don't. And Sherlock isn't here at the moment.
不認識,而且夏洛克現在不在家
Look, Holmes told me to text him, but I couldn't
福爾摩斯讓我發短信給他,但我發不了
'cause I broke my phone. That's the only reason I'm here.
因為我手機摔壞了,所以我只能來這了
Say the word, and we'll send him on his way.
只要你說句話,我就把他帶走
You a friend of his?
你是他的朋友嗎
Associate. He doesn't have any friends.
同伴,他沒有朋友
It's okay, he can stay.
沒事,他能留下
Captain said stop anyone and everyone. Black?
警監說任何人都不能放過, 特別是黑人嗎
You know, if I need you, I will use the radio
要是需要你幫忙,我會用貝爾警探
that Detective Bell left for me.
給我的無線電叫你的
All right.
好吧
Thank you.
謝謝
Are you a hooker?
你是妓女嗎
No.
不是
I know how Holmes rolls.
我了解福爾摩斯的作風
Right. 'Cause you're his associate.
是啊,因為你是他的同伴
Hey... I've never actually been inside this place.
其實我還從沒進來過
So, how do you know Sherlock?
你是怎么認識夏洛克的
A while back, me and a buddy
前陣子,我和一個兄弟
were scamming on Washington Square Park.
在華盛頓廣場公園那偷東西
I'd chat the folks up, Levon'd steal their wallets.
我去找人搭訕,萊文趁機偷他們錢包
No one made us except for Holmes.
沒人發現我們,除了福爾摩斯
He told us to give the stuff back.
他讓我們把東西還回去
But he didn't turn us in.
不過他也沒告發我們
Now he just uses us sometimes.
他只是偶爾利用一下我們
What do you mean he uses you?
他利用你們是什么意思
Little earlier he came up to me and a few of my boys
先前他來找我和幾個兄弟
and told us to check out a few hotels, look for this guy.
讓我們幫他調查幾家酒店,找這個男人
Said he had a few hundred for whoever could find him.
懸賞幾百塊
And I found him-- so I'm here to collect.
我找到他了,所以我來這拿錢
If this is who I think it is, he's dangerous.
如果他就是那個人,那他很危險
You shouldn't have been near him.
你不應該接近他
Yeah, Holmes warned us about sticky to the public places.
福爾摩斯警告我們一定要在公眾場所調查
I followed him, even got him to talk to me,
我跟蹤了他,還逮著機會和他搭訕
so I could be sure it was him.
所以我敢肯定就是他
He's a Brit, just like Holmes said.
他是英國人,就像福爾摩斯說的
Is he gonna be here soon?
他快回來了嗎
'Cause I need to get paid.
我想找他拿錢
Care to explain this?
想解釋一下這個嗎
I got it from a friend of yours-Teddy.
你的一個朋友,泰迪給我的
No?
否認
What about this?
那這個怎么說
I took a look around the house while you were out.
趁你不在家,我仔細檢查了一遍這間房子
I found three others just like it.
又找出了三個一模一樣的東西
I can only imagine
我無法想象
how many I didn't find.
還有多少我沒找到
That's funny, when I moved in here,
有意思的是,我搬進來的時候
you didn't mention anything about your little,
你可沒提到你的小型
uh... surveillance system.
監視系統
This is my sanctum sanctorum.
這是我的幽閉圣地
Did you honestly believe there wouldn't be security measures?
你真的以為這里沒有安全措施嗎
Okay.
好吧
Is that M?
這是M嗎
You told a bunch of children to go to upscale hotels
你讓一幫孩子去高檔賓館
to look for him. Why?
找他,為什么
Note the hands.
注意看雙手
Vintage MG driving gloves -- quite expensive.
復古款馬丁·汀曼牌駕駛員手套,很貴的
But not nearly as expensive as his John Varvatos shoes.
但仍然不及他的約翰·瓦維托斯牌皮鞋貴
M has money.
M挺有錢的
That much is obvious.
這是明顯的
He's also a recent emigrant To New York.
他還是最近剛來紐約的外地人
Why did I assume that he would be in a hotel
為什么我會假設他待在一家賓館里
as opposed to a property he might own?
而不是在他自己的房子里
Well, it's quite simple.
這挺簡單的
I noted a curious scent
我注意到在他留的紙條上
on the note that he left.
有一股奇妙的香味
I quickly realized it was, in fact,
我很快就意識到
a combination of scents.
那是多種香味的混合
Those of the high-end hand soap
香味來自高檔的香皂
and an even higher-end mint-based shampoo.
以及更高檔的薄荷基的洗發水
Each product is used by various upscale hotels
城里面的多家高檔賓館都使用了
around the city, but only one chain,
其中之一,不過只有一家連鎖
the Betancourt, stocks both.
兩者都有,貝當古
My lieutenants and I
我的手下和我
each took a Betancourt, and watched for M.
各自在一家貝當古尋找M
That's all very impressive, but I want to know
這真厲害,但是我想知道
why you shared a photo of a wanted serial killer
為什么你把一張連環殺人犯的照片
with a bunch of kids instead of going to the NYPD.
給一群小孩看了,而不是去找警察
Several weeks ago, you learned of the existence
幾周前,你聽說過
of a woman named Irene Adler.
一位叫艾琳·艾德勒的女人
I told you she'd died.
我告訴你她死了
M killed her.
是M殺害了她
Obviously, he realized the degree to which I was assisting
顯然他意識到在英國警方對他的緝捕中
the British police in their hunt to find him.
我在一定程度上幫了忙
He zeroed in on me, made things personal.
他將槍口對準我,這是私仇
As to why I am withholding information from the NYPD,
至于為什么我向紐約警署隱瞞消息
it's quite simple: I have no intention
很簡單,我并沒有
of capturing M.
逮捕M的意圖
I have every intention of torturing...
我的意圖是折磨他
and murdering him.
并且殺掉他
What do you mean you plan to torture and murder M?
你說你計劃要殺死M是什么意思
Hard to imagine I could have been much clearer, Watson.
我說得不能再清楚了,華生
Hey, this isn't a joke.
這不是個玩笑
No. This is revenge.
不,這是復仇
Wait, how are you so calm?
等等,你為什么這么冷靜
I'll let you in on a little secret.
我要告訴你個小小的秘密
I'm not calm.
我不冷靜
I'm merely presenting a calm exterior.
我只是表面上裝著很冷靜
Inside, I am roiling.
我內心正在翻騰
I've been dreaming about this moment
我最近這段時間
quite some time: one year, six months,
一直夢見這個瞬間,具體來說是
22 days, to be exact.
1年零6個月22天
That's when he killed her.
那是他殺害她的時間
Irene.
艾琳
We'd been together seven months by then.
那時候我們在一起已經七個月了
I won't bore you with the details of our courtship.
我不會說那些無聊的戀愛細節
Suffice it to say...
簡而言之
I was quite smitten.
我當時受到的打擊挺大的
Up until that point in my life,
在那個人生的轉折點之前
I'd found most women quite boring,
我以為女人都挺無趣的
a perfumed and pillowy means to a physiological end.
無非就是哄騙上床罷了
Irene was different.
艾琳則不同
You were in love.
你陷入愛河了
Prior to her murder, my drug use had been...
在她被謀殺之前,我吸毒...
recreational.
只是為了消遣
Something to do when I was bored
我無聊時做的事
or in need of a boost during a particularly
或是在解決非常棘手的案件時
challenging investigation.
需要的動力
After Irene, well, I lost control.
艾琳死后,我失去控制了
I used... various stimulants
在我試圖幫助當局確認M的時候
as I tried to help the authorities identify M.
我服用了多種興奮劑
Once went several weeks without sleeping. Yeah.
有一次我幾周都沒有睡覺
When the trail finally went cold,
當案件最后無疾而終時
I turned to opiates.
我開始服用鴉片制劑
Look, I'm grateful to know the whole story,
感謝你把整個故事告訴我
but you've come a long way since London.
但是你大老遠從倫敦逃到這
I'm not gonna let you
我不能就這么讓你
risk it all by chasing down a psychopath.
付出一切去追尋一個變態
You know, I don't think you understand, Watson.
我不認為你明白了,華生
Without you, none of this would have been possible.
沒有你,這些就不會變成可能
Everything that you've helped me do these past six weeks--
近六周來你幫我做的所有事情
every-every meeting you've dragged me to,
你帶我去的每個聚會
every exercise you've compelled me to perform--
你逼我做得每個練習
it's all been in preparation for this moment.
這一切都是為了這一刻而做的準備
I'm not throwing away anything I've learned.
我不是要將我所學的全部拋棄
I'm using it.
我在利用我學到的知識
I am as clearheaded and as focused as I have ever been.
我一如既往地神志清醒和聚精會神
There's a clarity to my thinking that's...
思維的清晰度
frightening.
讓人戰栗
I didn't help you stay sober so you could become a murderer.
我幫你戒毒不是要讓你變成殺人犯
Well, you didn't realize that's what you were doing.
只是你沒發覺而已
Nor did I.
我也沒有
Not until I walked in
直到那天
on that crime scene the other day.
我走進犯罪現場
I saw M's handiwork.
看到M的杰作
I realized I'd been given a second chance.
我才意識到我得到了第二次機會
Is that why you didn't want me to help you
這就是為什么那天
with the M files the other day?
你不想讓我看M的檔案嗎
Because you knew I'd see Irene's name
因為你知道我會看見艾琳的名字
and realize you were up to something?
并且意識到你在打鬼主意
I was the only one who could make that connection.
我是唯一能將二者聯系起來的人
I'd hoped we would never have to have this conversation.
我希望我們從來沒有進行過這段對話
I don't want you feeling responsible for something
我不想你認為,你要對我必須做的事
that I have to do.
負責任
You lied to me
你騙了我
because you know what you're planning to do is wrong.
因為你知道你計劃做的事是錯誤的
If you were considering following me,
如果你考慮跟著我的話
I strongly advise against it.
我堅決勸告你不要這么做
I'm not gonna follow you.
我不會跟著你的
But you know
但是你知道
that I'm gonna have to call Captain Gregson.
我會打電話給格雷森警監
You do as you feel you must, Watson.
你做你認為應做的事,華生
I'll do the same.
我也一樣
Theodore.
西奧多
Heard you met another of my associates today.
聽說你今天見過我另一個同伴
She said you had something for me.
她說你有東西給我
That depends.
那得看情況了
You got something for me?
你有東西給我嗎
Right.
這就對了
Now, tell me everything you saw today.
現在把你今天看到的一切都告訴我
What is it?
怎么了
Bavaro, you okay?
巴瓦洛,你怎么了
Where the heck did you get that?
你從哪兒找到的那個
Son of a bitch.
狗娘養的
I am pissed.
氣死我了
I get revenge.
我被擺了一道
I've lost friends on the job to scumbags.
我在抓捕壞人的過程中失去過朋友
Believe me, there's been more
相信我,我曾經
than a few times I thought about
無數次想過
taking things into my own hands.
要自己來處理這些事
But I didn't. Now, he may not be a cop,
但是我沒有,現在他也許算不上是警察
but he's been around law enforcement
但他在這一行經驗豐富
long enough to know that.
自己會有數的
This Teddy kid.
那個小孩
What did he say about the killer?
關于兇手他說了些什么
Just that he was staying at an upscale hotel.
只說他住在一家高檔酒店
Sherlock deduced that it was, uh, the Betancourt chain.
夏洛克推斷是貝當古連鎖酒店
I'm gonna have my guys go to all the Betancourt hotels,
我會派人去查所有的貝當古酒店
see if we can't scoop him up.
看看我們能不能先抓住他
I don't think M is the only one we need to be looking for.
我不認為M是我們唯一要找的人
If he isn't at his hotel,
如果他不在酒店
Sherlock may already have him.
就說明夏洛克可能捷足先登了
Arsenal looking a bit ragged now as play continues.
比賽繼續后,阿森納看起來有點被動
Santiago moving right. The young Spaniard
圣地亞哥跑向右路,這個年輕西班牙球員
looking good here in his first match. Taylor tracking back
的處女秀表現得不錯,泰勒從中場回防
through midfield, nipping at his heels.
緊隨其后
Oh, and a hard tackle from Taylor.
泰勒一記兇狠的阻擋
Looks like Browns is reaching
看樣子布朗在
for his pocket. Yes, a yellow card here
掏他的口袋了,沒錯,泰勒在進行到
for Taylor in the 70th minute. That'll certainly make things
70分鐘時吃到一張黃牌,這下局勢
interesting for the Gunners as they cling
對槍手來說一下子就變得有趣了
to a tenuous one-nil lead.
因為他們僅僅保持著1比0的微弱優勢
That's a joke. He hardly touched him.
開什么玩笑,他幾乎沒碰到他
Arsenal fan.
阿森納球迷
As if I didn't have enough reasons to despise you.
似乎你說的沒錯
You.
你
Me.
我
Baton.
看棒
I hope you don't mind being
我希望你不介意被
hung right-side up-I know you prefer the opposite
正面綁起來,我知道你喜歡站在
for your victims.
受害者的對面
You figured out where you're gonna start yet?
你想好從哪兒開始了嗎
I have not.
還沒
I had hoped to use the...
我想過要用
bees in some fashion, but then it occurred to me
蜜蜂來湊活湊活,但是我想到
you might be allergic.
你可能會過敏
After all this trouble,
經過這么多波折
I'd hate for our fun to be over too soon.
我不喜歡我們的樂趣這么快就結束
That would be a pity.
那太令人遺憾了
Bit surprised at you, though.
不過我對你有點驚訝
I thought you as more of a by-the-book kind of bloke.
我以為你是紙上談兵的家伙
So, why here, huh?
為什么要帶我來這里
Why not take me straight to the nick?
為什么不直接把我送進監獄
I think you know why.
我以為你知道的
I think I don't.
我覺得我不知道
Irene.
艾琳
Pretending the name isn't familiar to you
假裝不知道這個名字
will not make things any easier for you.
對你沒什么好處
Addison?
阿迪森
Adler.
艾德勒
Irene Adler.
艾琳·艾德勒
Got killed in her flat,
在她的公寓被殺
Camden Lock, about a year and a half ago.
在康登水閘那里,大約一年半以前
Sorry to disappoint you, mate,
很抱歉讓你失望了,兄弟
but it wasn't me.
但那不是我
No, of course it wasn't.
不,當然不是你
It was probably the other blood-draining madman
有可能是另一個帶著三角架的
with the tripod device, hmm?
著魔的瘋子
I was banged up in Brixton for six months.
我當時在布里克斯頓蹲了六個月監獄
Not for the killing, of course.
肯定沒機會下手
I had a misunderstanding with a Man United fan.
我和一個曼聯的球迷有點誤會
He was running around slagging off the Arsenal.
他到處詆毀阿森納
Didn't paralyze him. I just bashed him up a bit.
我沒打殘他,只是把他稍微痛扁了一頓
And while I was doing the stretch,
當我在做這些的時候
read in the papers that the notorious "M" had struck again.
看到報紙上說臭名昭著的M又出現了
Imagine my surprise.
想想看我有多驚喜
But you disappoint me.
但是你讓我失望了
And Scotland Yard, of course.
還有蘇格蘭場也是
Falling for that copycat so easily?
那么容易就上了一個模仿者的當
Tell me. You and Miss Adler
告訴我,你和艾德勒小姐
an item?
是一對嗎
I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in you.
我不得不說,你讓我有點失望
I thought you'd be a much better liar.
我以為你會更擅長說謊
I'm not lying.
我沒說謊
Well, why would you--
那當你面對死亡時
when facing an agonizing death?
為什么會...
Ex-Royal Marine.
前皇家海軍陸戰隊員
Death's an old friend.
死亡我見多了
Is he?
你確定
What about torture?
那酷刑呢
Is he an old friend, too?
你也見多了嗎
You made me a shambles of a man.
是你曾讓我生不如死
Now I'm simply returning the favor.
現在我要還給你
I was on the floor.
我當時倒在地板上
I was screaming,
我在尖叫
but the tape was so tight around my mouth, I cou...
但是膠帶把我的嘴綁得太緊了
Oh, oh. I couldn't...
我不能
It's okay. It's okay, Ms. Cullen.
沒事,卡倫夫人
Take your time.
慢慢說
That's when I saw the second man's feet.
那時候我看到了第二個男人的腳
He walked right by me.
他走到我右邊
Did you get a look at his face?
你看到他的臉了嗎
He said something to the man who tied me up,
他對綁我的人說了點什么
but I-I couldn't hear them over the TV,
但是我聽不到他們說什么,電視太吵了
but then after a minute,
但是一分鐘以后
the second man came back into the hall.
第二個男人回到了前廳
He said he would cut me free.
他說會放了我
He said he didn't want me to turn around.
讓我先別回去
And he said I should wait ten minutes
他還讓我等上十分鐘
and then call the police.
再報警
He even said, "Please."
他甚至對我說了"請"
Did he have an accent?
他說話有口音嗎
I think he was British.
我覺得他是英國人
I think the first man was British, too.
我覺得第一個也是英國人
He was watching a British soccer game...
他在用我的電視
on my TV.
看英國的足球比賽
Do you remember any other details about either man?
你還記得有關他們任何人的細節嗎
The second one,
第二個人
the one that set me free--
放我走的那個人
he had some sort of chalk
他的鞋子上有某種
on his shoes. Chalk?
記號, 記號
Powder.
粉末
It was white.
白色的
Miss Cullen?
卡倫小姐
Oh, I'm sorry. Excuse us.
對不起,失陪一下
I think I know where Sherlock went.
我想我知道夏洛克去哪兒了
Last night he was looking at photos
昨晚他看過
of one of his father's
他父親在紐約的
other properties in New York.
另一處房產
He said he was thinking about moving.
他說他在考慮搬家
But maybe he was looking for a place
但也許他是在找地方
to take M after he found him.
準備抓到M以后囚禁他
Well, what makes you think that would be the place?
你為什么覺得會是那個地方
It was being renovated. There was white powder everywhere.
那里被翻新過,到處都是白色粉末
Do you have an address?
你知道地址嗎
No.
不知道
I think I know how we can find one.
但是我想我知道怎么找到地址
Anybody ever tell you you punch like a woman?
有人說過你的拳頭像女人一樣無力嗎
Yeah, a woman did once.
是的,有個女人這么說過
But she was much bigger than me.
但是她比我壯多了
And the abductor of young girls
還是個綁架年輕姑娘
that she used to turn a profit in the sex trade, so...
去賣淫的老鴇
Well, for a ponce, you move pretty quick.
對于一個娘娘腔來說,你動作還算快
What, I dropped my first body here, what, 72 hours ago?
我剛到這兒是什么時候, 72小時以前
What'd you do, jump on a plane?
你怎么做到的,從飛機上跳下來的嗎
Where am I supposed to have flown in from?
你覺得我是從哪兒來的
Uh... London?
倫敦
What makes you think I'd gone back there?
你為什么會覺得我要回到那兒去
What are you talking about, "Gone back"?
你說什么, "回去"
You trying to tell me you live here now?
你想告訴我你現在住在這兒嗎
You know I live here.
你知道我住在這兒
You were in my home the other night.
你前幾天去過我家
You left a note. That's how I found you.
還留了字條,所以我才找到你的
That was your place?
那是你家
You don't look well, M.
你看起來不太好, M
You-You don't mind if I call you M, do you?
你不介意我叫你M 對吧
Something's not right.
有點不對勁
I'm not what you think I am.
我不是你想的那個人
I'm not a serial killer. I'm an assassin.
我不是連環殺人狂,我是個殺手
I have an employer.
我有雇主
Listen...
聽著
I received the names of everyone I killed for him.
我接收他要殺的每一個人的名字
He pays me.
他付我報酬
I already told you you're a terrible liar, didn't I?
我已經說了你是個很爛的騙子
I'm not lying.
我沒撒謊
He sold me out.
他把我出賣了
He never told me you was here.
他沒告訴我你在這兒
Who didn't?
誰
My employer.
我的雇主
The MOs, the notes,
受害者,字條
all that "Serial killer" Bullocks!
所有關于連環殺人狂的東西都是胡扯
That was him!
那是他
Let's pretend that I believe you.
假設我相信你
What was his motive for killing 37 people?
他殺死37個人的動機是什么
I don't know. I never met him.
我不知道,我從沒見過他
He sends me coded message on my cell phone.
他把密碼短信發到我手機上
It's there in my jacket.
就在我的夾克里
Have a look if you don't believe me.
如果不信你就去看一下
Gobbledygook.
這真是天書啊
Proves nothing.
證明不了什么
Sebastian Moran-- that's my real name.
塞巴斯蒂安·莫蘭,那是我的真名
Look it up!
好好想想
The fight I was in-- there was a trial,
我參與斗毆,因此吃過官司
it was in the papers.
有文件記載的
I couldn't have hurt your girl.
我不可能傷害你的姑娘
You'll see I'm telling the truth.
你會明白我說的都是實話的
He always talked about you.
他經常提到你
Must have been obsessed or something.
一定是弄錯了或者什么
Had a fascination.
真有趣
He never told me you was here,
他從沒說過你在這兒
and he sure as hell never told me
也絕對沒有告訴我
that was your apartment I broke into.
我闖進的是你家
I wouldn't be surprised if he's the one that killed your
如果是他殺了你心愛的艾琳
precious Irene.
我一點都不會奇怪
No.
不
Don't let him play you as well.
別讓他把你耍了
No.
不
It's you.
是你
Has to be.
就是你
Listen.
聽著
You can kill me for all the others,
你可以為別人而殺了我
but your girl...
但是你的姑娘
that was him.
是他殺的
That was Moriarty.
是莫里亞蒂干的
Just heard from the Buildings Department,
剛從建設部門得到消息
and they said that Holmes' dad's company
他們說福爾摩斯父親的公司
applied for a remodeling permit
六個月前申請過
about six months ago on a loft in Brooklyn.
布魯克林一座公寓的改造許可
The address is 3203 North Sixth Street.
地址是北第六街3203號
They got any other building permits out at the moment?
那時候他們批過別的建筑許可嗎
No.
沒有
Well, then, let's assume that's the one we're looking for.
我們假設那就是我們要找的地方
Tell ESU to meet me there.
讓緊急勤務小組在那兒見我
Moriarty's who you want, not me.
莫里亞蒂才是你要找的人,不是我
I seem to recall you saying you were not afraid to die.
我似乎想起來你說過你不怕死
It's not fear I'm feeling right now.
我現在不是害怕
It's anger.
是憤怒
Righteous anger.
委屈的憤怒
Moriarty sold me out, and I'm gonna get even.
莫里亞蒂出賣了我,我要報復
You're a monster.
你是個怪物
A sadist.
施虐狂
A murderer.
殺人犯
All of those...
那都...
But I'm not
但我不是
a liar.
一個騙子
Reach out to Brixton Prison,
聯系布里克斯頓監獄
they'll tell you that I was locked up
他們會告訴你艾琳被殺時
when Irene was killed.
我還被關在監獄里
No.
不
I couldn't have been in two places at once.
我不可能同時在兩個地方出現
Look at me, Holmes.
看著我,福爾摩斯
I'm telling the truth. You killed her.
我說的是實話, 你殺了她
I never touched a hair on her head!
我從沒碰過她
You killed her.
你殺了她
Moriarty said you was obsessed with puzzles.
莫里亞蒂說你癡迷于謎題
But he's greatest puzzle you'll ever come across.
他是你至今為止遇到的最難的謎題
You kill me now,
你現在殺了我
and you'll be killing the best clue you ever had.
你就失去了最好的線索
I knew you'd make the right decision.
我知道你會做出正確的選擇
You're a rare thing in this world, Holmes.
福爾摩斯,你與眾不同
You're an honorable man.
你是個可敬的人
A famous statistician once stated
一個著名的統計員說過
that while the individual man is an insoluble puzzle,
雖然每個人都是難解的謎
in the aggregate he becomes a mathematical certainty.
可是把人類聚合起來,就有了定律
You can, for example,
例如,你不能
never foretell what any one man will do.
預測每一個人的做法
But you can, with precision,
但是你能準確地
say what an average man will do.
推算一個普通人的做法
Individuals vary,
每個個體都不同
percentages remain constant.
但比例保持不變
So says the statistician.
統計員也這么認為
I am not an average man.
我不是普通人
Stay here.
呆在這里
Holmes! If you're in here, get down on the ground right now!
福爾摩斯,如果你在里面,趴下別動
Clear!
安全
Clear!
安全
Yeah.
喂
Are you kidding me?
你在開玩笑嗎
Were we too late?
我們來晚了嗎
Yeah, we were.
是的,我們來晚了
Just got a call from Bell.
剛接到貝爾的電話
Holmes just walked into the station five minutes ago...
福爾摩斯五分鐘前到了警局
with M.
還帶著M
For the last time, mate, Holmes did not abduct me.
我再說一遍,福爾摩斯沒有綁架我
I lured him to Miss Cullen's place,
是我把他引到卡倫女士家的
and then he followed me to that loft.
然后他又跟蹤我到那棟閣樓
A loft just happened to be owned by his father?
那里碰巧是他父親的財產
Yeah, I was aware of that.
我知道這些
I just thought it'd be pretty cool if they found Holmes' body
如果發現福爾摩斯的尸體躺在
at his father's property.
他父親的房子里,這很棒
Can you explain your injuries
你能再解釋一下
one more time?
你的傷嗎
I went at him.
我撲向他
He defended himself.
他正當防衛
It's as simple as that.
就這么簡單
He stabbed you.
他刺傷了你
Eventually, yeah.
最后刺到我的
Miracle, really.
真是個奇跡
He missed every major organ,
剛才給我檢查的醫生說
according to the doc that looked me over in the cell.
他沒刺中要害
Lucky.
真幸運
What can I say?
我能說什么呢
I've led a charmed life.
我過著充滿傳奇的生活
You're missing out on quite a story back there.
你錯過了一個好故事呢
The stab wound he sustained?
他身上的傷
He claims he got it in a struggle,
他說是在廝打中造成的
but I'm pretty sure if he had,
但我確信,如果情況像他所講
there would've been more damage.
他應該不止這一處傷
Looks more like he was stationary.
看上去更像是站著不動
Maybe even restrained.
或者被吊了起來
I used to be a surgeon.
我做過外科醫生
I don't know if I could've found a way to stab a man
我都不能保證刺傷一個人
without actually doing any real harm.
還能避開所有要害器官
If that's what you meant to do, I'm impressed.
如果你是故意這么做的,我很佩服
If you're trying to make some sort of point...
如果你是想要證明些什么...
He presumed to know me
警察假設他認識我
and he needed to be shown that he did not.
而他要證明他不認識我
He says he's willing to confess to all the murders,
他承認了所有的謀殺
but he won't give you up.
但是不會出賣你
He believes that he's been wronged.
他認為自己被冤枉了
He thinks I'm the best chance he has
他認為我是最有可能幫他找出
at bringing whoever wronged him to justice.
陷害他的人
Are you planning on helping him?
你打算幫他嗎
He killed Irene.
他殺了艾琳
No.
不
As it turns out, he did not.
不是他做的
He was incarcerated at the time she died.
艾琳死時他還在監獄里
I confirmed it a short while ago.
我剛確認過
I'm sorry that I lied to you, Watson.
很抱歉對你說謊,華生
The last few days have been quite... vexing.
過去的幾天令我很煩惱
Even now, I'm not certain
直到現在,我也不確定
if I've done the right thing in allowing M to live.
讓M先生活下來對不對
It's strange, really.
這種感覺很奇怪
I'm rarely conflicted about the decisions I make.
我幾乎從不懷疑自己的決定
That's the beauty of deductive reasoning, I suppose.
因為演繹法的準確率很高
It makes a science of almost everything.
它讓所有的事都有了科學依據
Not this.
但這次不同
I'm gonna miss this.
我會懷念這一切的
Maybe not this so much.
也許不是這一段
But this.
而是所有的這一切
Working with you.
和你一起破案的時光
I think what you do is amazing.
你做得很棒
I'm sorry our last days together had to go so poorly.
很抱歉最后這幾天過得這么差
Hi, this is Joan Watson calling from New York.
你好,我是紐約的喬恩·華生
Is Mr. Holmes available?
我找福爾摩斯先生
Okay.
好的
Can you just tell him...
麻煩你告訴他
I'm worried about his son
我很擔心他兒子
and I'd like to stay on a bit longer?
希望能再呆一段時間
Watson, what is it?
華生,是什么
Um, I called your father last night.
我昨晚給你父親打電話了
Given everything that's happened,
鑒于現在的情況
I recommended staying on a while longer.
我建議我多呆一段時間
And?
結果呢
He agreed.
他同意了
I suppose the apiary will have to wait.
看來蜂房要等些時間再造了