How do you speak such good English?
你的英語怎么說得這樣好呢?
Me? I'm American.
我?我是美國人。
You're American? Yeah. Are you sure? Yeah.
你是美國人? 是的。 你肯定? 當然。
No, I'm joking. I knew you were American.
開個玩笑,我早知道你是美國人。
And of course, you don't speak any other language, right?
而且你當然不會說任何其他語言,是嗎?
Yeah, yeah. I get it, I get it.
是的,是的,我知道你的意思。
So I'm the crude, dumb, vulgar American who doesn't speak other languages, who has no culture, Right? But I tried.
所以我是拙劣,弱智,粗俗的美國人......不會說其他語言,沒有自己的文化,對嗎?但我嘗試過。
I took French for 4 years in high school. When I first got to Paris I stood in line at the metro station. I was practicing.
我在高中學過4年的法語,我第一次去巴黎在地鐵站排隊時一直練習(法語)。
Whatever.
不管是什么。
And I get up there, and I look at this woman and my mind goes blank. And I say, "I need a ticket to get to...." You know.
輪到我時,我看著那個售票員......腦子一片空白,然后我說 "我要一張票去……"你知道的。
So anyway.... So where are you headed?
話說回來……你是去哪?
Well, back to Paris. My classes start next week.
回巴黎。我下周就要開學了。
Are you still in school? Where do you go?
你還在上學?什么學校?
La Sorbonne. You know? Sure.
巴黎大學,聽說過嗎? 當然。
You're coming from Budapest?
你從布達佩斯來?
Yeah, I was visiting my grandmother. Oh. How is she?
是的,我去看過我的祖母。 她還好嗎?