1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、crowd
人群;觀眾
A huge crowd gathered in a square outside the Kremlin walls.
一大群人聚集在克里姆林宮墻外的廣場上。
It took some two hours before the crowd was fully dispersed.
大概花了兩個小時才把人群全部疏散開。
聚集在…周圍;在…聚攏
The hungry refugees crowded around the tractors.
饑餓的難民聚集到拖拉機周圍。
Police blocked off the road as hotel staff and guests crowded around.
當酒店工作人員和旅客們都聚攏過來時,警察封鎖了那條路。