Overcooked.You can barely chew this.
火大了 都快咬不動了
He just laughs.
他就會笑
So how's the drumming going, Andy?
鼓打得怎么樣 安迪
Yeah, it's going really well. I'm the new core drummer, so...
不錯 我是新的主力鼓手 所以...
Tom Brady.
湯姆•布雷迪啊
Did you hear, Jim?
聽說了嗎 吉姆
No, what happened?
沒有 怎么了
Trav got named this year's MVP.
特維被提名今年的最有價值球員
That's fantastic, Travis.
不錯啊 特維斯
Yeah, and Dustin is heading up Model UN,soon to be Rhodes Scholar and who knows what else.And Jim, teacher of the year.
是的 達斯丁進了模擬聯合國 很快就能拿羅氏獎學金或者別的什么了 而吉姆被評為年度教師
Well, hey, listen...I mean, come on. The talent at this table, that is stunning.
好吧 其實...桌邊坐的全是天才 真不可思議
And Andy, with your drumming.
還有安迪 會打鼓
It's going okay, Andy?
怎么樣 安迪
Yeah, it's going really, really well, actually.I'm part of Shaffer's top jazz orchestra,which means it's the best in the country.
還不錯 一切都非常非常順利 我進了謝弗最頂尖的爵士樂團 就是全國最好的 而且我是主力成員了
And I'm a core member so I'll start playing in competitions. Actually I just...I found out I'm the youngest person in the entire band.
開始參加比賽 我還...我還發現我是樂隊里最年輕的
How do you know who wins in a music competition?Isn't it subjective?
音樂比賽要怎么評判呢 不是很主觀嗎
No. Does the studio get you a job?
不 錄音室給你工作了嗎
It's not an actual studio.It's the name of the ensemble,but it's a big step forward in my career.
它其實不是錄音室 那只是樂團的名字 但這是我職業生涯中的一大步
I'm so glad you figured it out. It's a nasty business, I am sure.
很高興你做到了 我知道這行水很深
Hey, are you gonna tell them about your game this week?Living up to your title.
你想不想談談這周的球賽 看看你是不是名副其實
I scored a 93-yard touchdown.School record, school record.
我打了個93碼遠的觸底得分 新的校記錄 新的校記錄
Is that true? That's fantastic. It's Division Three.
真的嗎 太棒了 對手是丙級的
It's Carlton football.It's not even Division Two, it's Division Three.
卡爾頓橄欖球隊 連乙級都不是 是丙級的
You got any friends, Andy?
你有朋友嗎 安迪
No.
Oh, why is that?
為什么
I don't know. I never saw the use.
不知道 我覺得朋友沒什么用
Who are you gonna play with otherwise?Lennon and McCartney they were school buddies, am I right?
那你都跟誰一起玩 列儂和麥卡尼就是學生時代的好友 對吧
Charlie Parker didn't know anybody till Jo Jones threw a cymbal at his head.
查理•帕克就沒有朋友 直到喬•瓊斯把镲片砸到他頭上
So that's your idea of success?
你覺得這就算成功嗎
I think being the greatest musician of the 20th century is anybody's idea of success.
我覺得成為20世紀最偉大的音樂家對任何人來說都應該算成功
Dying broke and drunk and full of heroin at the age of 34 is not my idea of success.
34歲就因酗酒吸毒而身無分文地死去我可不覺得那算是成功
I'd rather die drunk, broke at 34 and have people at dinner table talk about me,than live to be rich and sober at 90 and nobody remember who I was.
我寧愿34歲就身無分文酗酒而死但能成為別人在飯桌上的談資 也不要健康富有地活到90歲 卻沒人能記住我
But your friends will remember you, that's the point.
但你的朋友會記住你 這才是重點
None of us were friends with Charlie Parker. That's the point.
我們都不是查理•帕克的朋友吧 這才是重點
Travis and Dustin,they have plenty of friends and plenty of purpose.
你看特維斯和達斯丁 他們就既有朋友又有理想
I'm sure they'll make great school board presidents someday.
他們將來肯定能當好學生會主席的
That's what this is all about? You think you're better than us?
原來是為了這個嗎 你覺得自己比我們強嗎
Catch on quick. Are you in Model UN?
反應挺快啊 你是模聯的嗎
I got a reply for you, Andrew.You think Carleton football is a joke?Come play with us.
我來回答你 安德魯 你覺得卡爾頓橄欖球隊是個笑話嗎 來跟我們打一場
Four words you will never hear from the NFL.
你永遠不會聽到職業球隊這樣邀請你
Who wants dessert? Heard from Lincoln Center?
誰想要甜點啊 林肯中心邀請你了嗎