1、turn around
(使)調轉方向;(使)轉向
Bud turned the truck around, and started back for Dalton Pond.
巴德把卡車掉頭,開始返回多爾頓池。
He had reached over to turn round a bottle of champagne so that the label didn't show.
他伸手把香檳轉了一下,這樣它的商標就不會露出來。
(使)復蘇;(使)好轉
Turning the company around won't be easy.
盤活那家公司絕非易事。
In his long career at BP, Horton turned around two entire divisions.
霍頓在英國石油公司漫長的職業生涯中曾經讓兩個部門整體上起死回生。
改變(問題、句子或想法的)表達方式
Now turn the question around and start looking not for what you did wrong in the past, but for what you can do to make things better in the future.
現在換個角度考慮問題,開始不要去想你過去做錯了什么,而考慮一下怎樣才能日后做得更好。
It's an example of how you can turn around the sentence and create a whole new meaning.
那個例子告訴你如何改變一個句子使其表達出完全不一樣的意思。
2、appreciate
欣賞;鑒賞;賞識
Anyone can appreciate our music.
任何人都能欣賞我們的音樂。
In time you'll appreciate the beauty and subtlety of this language.
總有一天你會體會到這門語言的優美和微妙之處。
領會;了解;認識
She never really appreciated the depth and bitterness of the Irish conflict.
她從來沒有真正認識到愛爾蘭矛盾的深刻和激烈。
He appreciates that co-operation with the media is part of his professional duties.
他懂得與媒體合作是自己工作職責的一部分。
感謝;感激
Peter stood by me when I most needed it. I'll always appreciate that.
當我最需要的時候,彼得在我身邊支持我。我將永存感激。
Thanks, lads. I appreciate it.
謝了,哥們兒。我很感激。