He and the Grandmother discussed better times.
他和老太太一起回憶過去美好的時光。
The old lady said that,In her opinion, Europe was entirely to blame for the way things were now. She said..."
老太太說,在她看來,現今世道變壞了都應該怪歐洲,她說...
What are you reading?
你在讀什么?
Flannery O'Connor.
弗蘭納里·奧康納的作品。
When I was Abigail's age, I was obsessed.
我在阿比蓋爾這么大的時候,很癡迷她的小說,
I even tried to raise peacocks because she raised peacocks.
我甚至還試著養孔雀因為她養了孔雀。
But...they were really stupid birds.
但是,它們就是群笨鳥。
You could be reading to a killer.
你可能正在給一個殺手讀書。
Innocent until guilty and all that.
沒被定罪之前就是無辜的。
I'm about to broach the subject of that "Takes One to Know One" article.
我正要開始讀《同類最知音》這篇文章。
Oh, that.
那個啊。
Did Jack send you?
杰克讓你來的嗎?
No, I sent me.
不是,是我自己要來的。
I don't think we've ever been alone in a room together?
我們好像從來沒有獨處一室過,是不是?
I haven't noticed. Have we?
我沒注意,有嗎?
Not that we're necessarily alone now.
雖然我們現在的確也不算獨處。
Yeah, right. Back to...Jack Crawford's crime gimp.
是啊,沒錯,說到...杰克·克勞福德那破案瘋子。
It certainly creates an image.
那案子的確挺深刻。
I don't need to talk about it--if you don't.
我不一定要談論這個,如果你不想的話 。
No, no, we can talk about or not talk about whatever you want.
不,我們可以談談或者不談,全都聽你的。
Actually, I was...I was just enjoying listening to you read.
其實,我...我很喜歡聽你讀書。
Abigail Hobbs is a success for you.
阿比蓋爾·霍布斯對你來說是個成就。
She doesn't look like a success.
她看起來可不像個成就。
Don't feel sorry for yourself,because you saved this girl's life.
不要因為你救了這女孩,而責備自己。
I don't. I don't feel sorry for myself at all.
我沒有。我一點都不自責。
I feel, um...I-I...I feel, um...good.
我感覺...我...感覺很好。