Who is my client?
我的委托人是誰
Take a look at where you're standing, and make a deduction.
看看你站的地方 演繹推理一下
You are to be engaged by the highest in the land, now, for God's sake!
你受雇于全國地位最高的人 所以拜托
Put your clothes on!
給我把衣服穿上
I'll be mother.
我來做媽媽吧 (意為"我來做東道")
And there is a whole childhood in a nutshell.
一句話概括了我們整個童年
My employer has a problem.
我的雇主遇到個麻煩
A matter has come to light of an extremely delicate and potentially criminal nature,
出了一件極為敏感可能引發犯罪的事件
and in this hour of need, dear brother, your name has arisen.
在這危急之秋 親愛的弟弟 我們想起了你
Why?
為什么?
We have a police force of sorts,
我們有支算是警察的隊伍
even a marginally secret service.
甚至還有勉強機密的特工局
Why come to me?
找我干什么?
People come to you for help, don't they, Mr Holmes?
不是有很多人找你幫忙嗎 福爾摩斯先生?
Not to date anyone with a navy.
至今還沒遇見自家有海軍的
This is a matter of the highest security, and therefore of trust.
事關最高機密 必須找可信的人
You don't trust your own secret service?
你連你自己的特工局都信不過?
Naturally not.
當然信不過
They all spy on people for money.
那些人拿錢就窺探別人
I do think we have a timetable.
我們有時間表要遵守的
Yes, of course. Erm...
對 當然 呃...
What do you know about this woman?
關于這個女人 你知道什么?
Nothing whatsoever.
一無所知
Then you should be paying more attention.
這就是你太不留心了
She's been at the centre of two political scandals in the last year,
去年一年她就卷進了兩起政治丑聞
and recently ended the marriage of a prominent novelist by having an affair with both participants separately.
最近還終結了一位著名小說家的婚姻 方法是與雙方分別發生外遇