You don't need a lawyer to tell me whether or not you'd like a cup coffee.要不要咖啡還是不需要律師在場的
whether or not無論是 ... 或 ...; 是否
I am deliberating whether or not to buy a new car.
我在考慮是否要買一輛新汽車。
Whether or not he will stay, I really don't care.
他要留下來還是要走,我真的不在意
That's up to a seven-year sentence.最多可判七年刑
up to直到;多達
I don't feel up to the task.
我不能勝任這工作。
He is not up to his work.
他不勝任工作。
Her bail's been paid and her lawyer's on the way.保釋金已付,律師也在路上了
on the way在途中; 即將到來
On the way they had run into a high wind.
在路上,他們碰上了大風。
I got caught in the deluge on the way home.
我在回家的路上遇到傾盆大雨。