Why did Jerry ask us to meet him here?
為什么杰瑞要我們到這里和他見面
Proud that I can introduce Stepford's brandnew candidate for state senate.
很自豪我可以向你們介紹 斯戴福全新的州參議員候選人
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Mr. Roger Bannister.
女士們先生們 向你們介紹羅杰?巴尼斯特先生
What?
什么?
He's wonderful.
他真棒
Thank you.
謝謝你們
Thank you so much.
非常感謝
You may very well ask, what are my qualifications for higher office?
你們可能很想問 我有什么資格競爭更高的位置?
Well, I believe in Stepford, America and the power of prayer.
這個嘛,我相信斯戴福 美國,還有祈禱的力量
Values I've discovered thanks to my partner,
我所發現的這些價值標準要感謝…
in life and in the Lord, Jerry Harmon.
我生活中的還有主內的搭檔 杰瑞?哈蒙
Roger. Roger.
羅杰,羅杰
Yes. Is there a question? Mrs. Markowitz?
是的,有問題嗎? 馬科維茨太太?
So you two are happy now?
那么你們兩個現在很幸福?
More than ever. Because now I know that being gay doesn't mean
比任何時候都幸福 因為現在我知道做同性戀
a guy has to be effeminate or flamboyant or sensitive.
并不一定要穿艷麗的服裝 說話細聲細氣或者敏感細膩
I'm no sissy. No.
我不是個娘娘腔 不是
Way to go, Roger! That's a man!
干得好,羅杰! 這才是男人!
Roger? Yes. Mrs. Walter Kresby.
羅杰? 是的,沃爾特?克萊斯比太太
Roger, I don't understand. You were out there, you were Roger.
羅杰,我不明白 你原來就在那兒,你原來是羅杰
And now...
而現在…
Now you're different. Your hair, your clothes.
現在你不一樣了 你的頭發,你的衣著
You're like someone else. People change.
你像是另外一個人 人是會變的
You can't stop Stepford.
你不能阻止斯戴福