But I have to make sure that you keep this from your friends.但我得確保你不會告訴你的朋友們
make sure弄明白; 設法確保
I'm going to make sure if I'm going to Macao.
我要拿定主意我是否去澳門。
Make sure his appointment doesn't clash with mine.
一定不要讓他的約會跟我的約會訂在同一個時間。
keep from阻止, 妨礙
I hope you will keep from doing nothing rash.
我希望你不要做出任何魯莽的事情來。
She bit her lip to keep from crying.
她咬著嘴唇克制著自己不要哭。
I promised I wouldn't keep anything from you.我保證過不隱瞞你任何事
promise, allow這兩個詞都可譯為“答應”,其區別是:
allow含義是“允許”,而promise含義是“應承”。例如:
He has allowed me to come.
他允許我來。
He promised me to come.
他答應我他會來。
If it got out before the police...如果消息在警局公布之前就走漏了...
get out泄漏
I wouldn't want it to get out on him.
我不想他把這一秘密泄露出去。