I want to make sure that we avoid any...misunderstandings or miscommunications.我希望我們之間不要有任何誤解
make sure弄明白; 設法確保
I'm going to make sure if I'm going to Macao.
我要拿定主意我是否去澳門。
I'll make sure of the time of the flight.
我要核實一下這班飛機的時間。
Ezra Fitz has applied to the school district as a substitute teacher.以斯拉·菲茲應聘到了我們校區作為一名代課教師
apply作“申請”解時是不及物動詞,常用于“apply to...for...”結構表示“向…申請…”,介詞to的賓語可以是人或組織機構, for的賓語可以是物或職位等。
He is applying to the Consul for a visa.
他正向領事申請簽證。
I advise that they apply to the council for a home improvement grant.
我建議他們向市政會申請改善住房的貸款。
he will probably, at some point,be assigned to cover a class here.他也許就會被派來教一個班
be assigned to歸屬于, 被指派
Do you hope to be assigned to work in the country ?
你希望分配到農村工作嗎?
All the students are assigned to suitable jobs.
所有的學生都分到了合適的工作。