1. 分開
break up分開,分手
I can't believe she broke up with me. We've only been going out for two months. I thought she really liked me.
我沒法相信她竟然跟我分手。我們才好了兩個月,我原以為她真的喜歡我。
split up = break apart 分開
The couple split up after 25 years of marriage.
這對夫婦在結婚25年后終于分開了。
2. 了解,明白
have someone’s number 知道底細
No big talk with me, I have your number.
別跟我瞎吹了,我又不是不了解你的底細。
get the lay of the land 了解一下情況
The manager said that he would like us to go to Hai Nan and get the lay of the land there before deciding on the investment.
經理說他想讓我們先去海南了解一下那里的情況,然后再決定投資的事。
tap into 深入了解,進一步了解
I'd really like to tap into the overseas market.I think there's a lot of business opportunities there.
我很想探尋海外市場。我覺得那有很多商業機會。
To understand American slang , you really need to tap into the whole culture.
想學習美國俚語的話,你真的需要進一步了解它的整體文化。
see the light明白真相
Hopefully one day she'll see the light and realize that he's all wrong for her.
希望有一天她會看清事實,明白他并不適合她。
Before I got into the accident,I never wore a seat belt.Now that I've seen the light,I wear one all the time.
在出事故之前,我從不系安全帶。可既然我已經知道了它的重要性,我就總是戴著它。
get the picture? 你明白了么?
I can’t come out because I have to study. I need to pass the test. Get the picture?
我不能出去玩,我得學習.我要通過考試.明白么?
get sth明白某事
It was as if he was a genius – he got everything the first time we explained it to him.
他簡直就是個天才 - 我們每次一解釋給他聽,他就明白了。
You got me?你明白我的意思嗎?
I want you home before midnight, you got me?
我想讓你午夜前回家,明白我的意思嗎?
Sometimes I just don't get my friend, He hardly eats anything, but he's never hungry.
有時我真不明白我的朋友,他幾乎什么都不吃,但他也從來不餓。
I didn't catch it 我沒有明白
--What was her name again?她叫什么名字了?
--I didn't catch it when she was introduced. 當她介紹的時候我也沒有注意。
figure out 明白...
I can't figure out why he quit his job.
我琢磨不透他為什麼要辭掉工作。
be on to sth/sb 明白,了解事情的本質
The police were on to the criminal’s plan very quickly.
警察很快就明白了罪犯的作案計劃。
make perfect sense 很清楚,明白,有道理
After I read the textbook the answer made perfect sense to me .
看完課本,我就明白了答案。