1. feel at home 感到舒適自在,感覺像家一樣;
Her genial smile made every guest feel at home.
她親切的笑容使每個人都感覺賓至如歸。
I feel at home living here. The landlady is very kind to me.
我覺得住在這里象在家里一樣。房東太太對我很好。
情景對話:
A: How do you feel about your new school? 你的新學校怎么樣?
B: I feel quite at home here, for everyone is very nice to me. 我感覺很舒服,因為每個人對我都很好。
2. agree to sth. 同意某事
Neither father nor mother would agree to your plan.
爸爸媽媽都不會同意你的計劃。
He’s agreed to our suggestion about the holiday.
他已經同意我們關于假日的計劃了。
情景對話:
A: Did he propose to you? 他向你求婚了嗎?
B: Yes, and I agree to it. 是的,而且我同意了。
3. stay with sb. 與某人在一起
If you ever visit London, you must come and stay with us.
你要是到倫敦來,一定要到我們這里住住。
Come and stay with us soon.
快來我們這里住些日子吧。
情景對話:
A: Do you love her? 你愛她嗎?
B: Absolutely, and wish to stay with her forever. 當然了,我希望能永遠和她在一起。
4. expect 期待,盼望,預計
I expect I will be back on Sunday.
我預計我會在周日回來的。
The journey was not as nice as we had expected.
旅途不象我們預想的那樣好。
情景對話:
A: What are you worry about? 你擔心什么呢?
B: My parents expect too much on me, and I may disappoint them. 我父母對我期望很高,而我可能要讓他們失望了。