113.On a Hike
113.徒步旅行
"I'm the King of the World!!!!" Danny yelled from the overlook.
"我是世界之王!!!"丹尼從可眺望四周的高地上喊道。
All the other high school students with him snickered-Danny always acted high and mighty, but this was just silly!
和他一起的其他中學生都竊笑起來——丹尼總是表現得不可一世,可這樣真的很愚蠢!
"C'mon down, Danny. We don't want the story to hit the headlines tomorrow that a student fell to his death off a point of historical interest!"
"下來,丹尼。我們不想我們的故事明天作為重要新聞見報,說一名學生摔死了,摔下來的那個地方還具有歷史意義!"
Danny came back and joined the others on the hike.
丹尼回來加入了其他步行者的行列。
"Ah, I'm just having some fun, you know. I don't want to hide my light under a bushel. Why not show it from the mountain tops!!!"
"啊,我只是在尋開心,你們知道的。我不想過分謙遜。為什么不能在山頂上露一下!"
"We have to go back now so we can still hit the books tonight for tomorrow's test!" Sarah said.
"現在我們得回去啦,晚上我們還可以做做功課,為明天的考試準備準備!"薩拉說。
"Mrs. Williams will hit the ceiling if we all fail!"
"如果我們考試都不及格,威廉姆斯夫人會大發脾氣的!"
"That's for sure! It's just sad that we're out here and your high priority is getting back to study.
"那是肯定的!可悲的是我們來了這里,而你優先考慮的事卻是回去學習!
Why can't you live in the here and now?" Danny said.
你為什么就不能活在此時此刻里?"丹尼說。
Sarah grumbled. Danny wasn't hitting it off with her at the moment.
薩拉抱怨起來。眼下丹尼與她相處得不好。
"Well, then we'll all just leave you here high and dry!" she said.
"那好,我們就把你一個人孤零零地留在這兒!"她說。
"Then you won't have anyone to hide behind when you fail all by yourself!"
"等你一個人考不過時,看你可以躲在誰的后面!"
"I'm just joking Sarah." Danny said with a frown.
"我只是開玩笑而已,薩拉。"丹尼皺著眉頭說道。
"Boy, with you it's hit or miss. You either like my jokes or you get angry. Okay. Let's head back!"
"天哪,和你在一起就是時好時壞。你要么喜歡我的玩笑,要么就生氣。好啦,我們回去吧!"
"No, with you Danny it's just always a miss!"
"不,和你丹尼在一起總是不好的時候多。"
"Ouch. That's hitting a guy when he's down! C'mon, forget it. It's all here and there anyhow!"
"哎喲,你這是落井下石!好啦,忘了它吧。到處都是這樣的事情!"
And together they all started walking back.
他們開始一起往回撤。
Then Danny turned and yelled back into the woods. "I'm the Loser of the World!"
丹尼突然轉過身來朝樹林喊道:"我是世…界…上…最大的失敗者!"