The students discussed a problem and two possible solutions.
這兩個學生討論了一個問題以及兩種可能的解決方案。
Briefly summarize the problem then state which of the two solutions you prefer and explain why.
請簡要概括一下這個問題,然后說明兩種解決方案中你會更傾向于哪一種,并解釋原因。
By the way, Frank, I heard you got a summer research position with professor Davis.
順便說一句,Frank,我聽說你得到了一個和Davis教授一起進行暑期研究的職位。
Uh, huh, but I've got a problem.
啊...是的,但是我遇到了一個麻煩。
Oh?
哦?
Yeah, well, since I didn't hear from her for so long, I assumed I didn't get the position.
由于我很長時間都沒收到她的回信,所以我以為得不到這個職位了。
So I didn't apply for a dorm room for the summer. I'm afraid it's too late for that now.
也就沒有申請暑假住的宿舍。恐怕現在申請已經太晚了。
Yeah, the deadline for campus housing application has already passed. So what are you gonna do now?
沒錯,學校住宿的最晚申請日期已經過了。那你現在打算怎么辦呢?
Well, I can stay with my parents.
嗯...我可以住在父母那兒。
They live two hours from here,so I thought I could drive and commute to campus everyday.
從他們那兒到學校開車要兩個小時,所以我想我可以開車來學校,每天通勤。
I know my mom and dad would be happy to have me over for a few weeks
我知道如果我去住幾個星期的話,我的父母會很高興的;
and most of my old friends would be home for the summer so, in a way, it'd be fun.
而且大部分我以前的朋友暑假都會在家,所以,某種程度上來說,會蠻有趣的。
Yeah, I understand.
嗯,我理解。
But you'd spend quite a bit of time on the road going back and forth. Won't you get tired?
不過你來回要在路上花很多時間,你不會覺得累嗎?
Yeah, that thought did cross my mind.
嗯,我確實也想過這點。
The other thing I could do is rent an apartment off campus.
所以另一個選擇就是我可以在校外租一間公寓。
Besides being closer to work, I'd also save tons of money on gas.
除了上班近點之外,我還可以省下來很多汽油錢。
Uh, huh. But then you'd have to pay rent.
沒錯,不過這樣的話你還是要付房租啊。
I know. There's always something, isn't there?
我知道。永遠不會有完美的辦法的,對不對?