聽力文本:
Talk about a book you have read that was important to you for some reason.
請談談在你讀過的書中,哪一本書對你很重要。
Explain why the book was important to you.
請解釋為什么這本書對你很重要。
Give specific details and examples to explain your answer.
在回答問題的過程中,請給出一些具體的例子。
Some people believe that television has had a positive influence on society.
有些人認為電腦給社會帶來的影響是積極的。
Others believe it has had a negative influence on society.
而有些人覺得它帶來的影響是消極的。
Which do you agree with and why? Use details and examples to explain your opinion.
你同意哪種觀點呢?為什么?請用具體的例子來闡述你的觀點。
Explain why the woman disagrees with the reasons expressed in the letter.
請解釋為什么該女性不同意信中所提及的原因。
Centerville college is planning to purchase a new sculpture for its campus.
森特維爾大學計劃為學校添置一座新雕塑。
A student wrote a letter to the campus newspaper opposing this plan.
某學生向學校報紙寫信,反對該計劃。
You will have 45 seconds to read the letter. Begin reading now.
你將有45秒鐘的時間閱讀這封信。計時現在開始。
Now listen to two students discussing the opinion expressed in the letter.
現在請聽兩名學生的對話,他們正在談論自己對這封信的看法。
Man:Did you see Paul's letter in the paper about the new sculpture?
男:你看見報紙上保羅關于新雕塑的信了嗎?
Woman:Yeah, but it was totally unconvincing. His reasons for opposing the plan are just totally off.
女:看見了啊,但是那封信一點也不讓人信服。他那些反對計劃的理由完全都是錯誤的。
I am glad that we'll finally have some nice art on campus.
我特別開心,因為我們終于能在校園里看到一些漂亮的藝術品啦。
I'd like to shake the donor's hand and say “thank you.”
我特別想握一下捐贈者的手,鄭重地說一聲“謝謝你。”
Man:What do you mean the donor?
男:捐贈者?什么意思?
Woman:You didn't know?
女:你不知道嗎?
An anonymous donor is paying the bill for most of the sculpture.
一位匿名捐贈者給大多數雕塑買了單。
Man:Not the university?
男:不是學校買單嗎?
Woman:No! His assumptions about who's paying for it are all wrong!
女:不是的!所以他(保羅)說的誰付款的假設全是錯的!
Man:Still, I wonder if he has a point about the space it'll take up?
男:可是,我仍然在想如果他有一些關于空間的想法,那些理由會不會是確鑿的?
Woman:Well, you know why Paul is upset.
女:哎呀,你知道保羅生氣的原因嗎?
He and his friends are always out there on the lawn right where the sculpture will be, kicking around the soccer ball.
他和他朋友經常去那片草坪踢足球,而那個地方恰好是放雕塑的地方。
Now they'll just have to use another part of the campus to play.
現在,他們不得不換個地方踢足球了。
Man:Oh! So he just doesn't want to have to move.
男:噢,他就是不想挪地方啊。
Woman:Yeah! For him, it's sculpture versus convenience.
女:是的,對于他來說,就是雕塑帶給他不便。