My understanding of the overall strategic goals of the corporation ...
我對公司總體戰略目標的了解…
A. Is fleshed out for me at regular meetings with my boss, who is fully briefed by his boss, and so on and so on and scooby dooby dooby.
A. 來自于我的上司在例會上向我所作的詳細介紹,他的上司則向他作了完整的介紹,以此類推。
B. It's above my pay grade.
B. 這個問題超越了我的薪金等級范圍。
C. Beyond making money, you mean?
C. 你是指除了賺錢以外還有什么嗎?
The length of my average workday ...
日常工作的時長……
A. Is basically whatever I think it should be, as long as I get the job done. Some days I even work from home. In my bathrobe!
A.基本上由我自己決定,只要我把活兒干完就行。有時我甚至穿著睡袍在家工作!
B. Nine and a half hours. In at 8:30. Out at 6. For the past 15 years.
B. 9個半小時。早上8點半上班,下午6點下班,過去15年來一貫如此。
C. Expands to fill all available space, blocking out the sun, until I exist in a formless, shapeless void filled with nothing but that which must be done.
C.擠占了全部空閑時間。起早貪黑,直到精疲力竭、頭暈腦脹,整天只想著必須要完成的工作。
Do you feel secure about your employment status?
你是否擔心飯碗不保?
A. I don't really think about it too much. I know that if anything bad were to happen, the corporation would take care of me.
A. 我不怎么考慮這個問題。我知道,如果形勢不妙,公司會照顧我的。
B. Sure. Now and then. But in a way, getting fired would be a form of liberation I wouldn't mind exploring.
B. 當然,有時會這么想。但從另一方面看,被炒魷魚相當于獲得了自由!我不介意探索外面的世界。
C. Night and day. My entire persona is bound up with this screwy job. I don't even know who I am without it.
C. 一天到晚都在擔心。我的整個人生都和這份該死的工作綁在了一起。要是沒有這份工作,我甚至不知道自己是誰。
My combination of benefits and perks ...
我的福利津貼……
A. Is obscene!
A. 肥得流油!
B. Is standard for somebody at my position in a company of this size.
B. 處于同等規模公司、同等職位的正常水平。
C. No
C. 別提了。
Scoring: For each (a) answer, give your corporation one point. You are obviously an executive of some kind, and your answers have absolutely no bearing on the quality of life for average people in your corporation. For each (b) answer, give your corporation two points. The Organization has you trained. Whatever it's doing, you are contributing to it. Finally, for every time you chose (c), give your company five points. Your life has been ground down to a nub, but you still identify with the entity that is your bane and your beacon. The enterprise must succeed with crazy people like you indentured to it. Keep up the good work.
得分:每次選擇答案A,雇主得一分。顯然你屬于管理層,你的答案肯定與公司普通員工的生活質量沒有關系。每次選擇答案B,雇主得兩分。公司對你進行了培訓。無論公司從事的是什么行業,你都是一員干將。最后,每次選擇答案C,雇主得五分。你的生活很不如意,但你在把公司當成禍根的同時,仍然把它看作自己的燈塔。擁有像你這樣瘋狂的員工,你的公司肯定能獲得成功。繼續努力。