重點精講:
skim v. 掠過
A seagull skims the water.
海鷗掠過水面。
pat v. 輕拍
He gave her a reassuring pat on the shoulder.
他輕拍了一下她的肩膀讓她放心。
He gave me a light pat on the shoulder.
他在我肩上輕輕一拍。
wrap v. 包
You should wrap up the gift in a paper.
你應該把禮物用紙包好。
I wrapped the rug around the sick man's legs to keep him warm.
我用毯子把病人的腿包了起來,讓他暖和一點兒。
裹
Wrap the meat in foil before you cook it.
把肉用錫箔裹起來后再燒。
glitter v. 閃爍
In these cities what remains of the old China is hidden by the glitter.
在這些城市里,舊中國所遺留下來的東西都被閃爍的燈光掩埋了。
He stared at me with a cruel glitter in his eyes.
他眼露兇光地瞪著我。
dangle v. 懸垂
The children sat on the high wall, with their legs dangling.
小孩子們坐在高墻上,腳懸垂著。
grunt v. 咕噥
The inspector gave a grunt of approval.
督學咕噥著表示贊同。
flip v. 翻轉
He flipped to a fresh page and began to write.
他翻到另外一頁,開始寫了起來。
slap v. 拍擊
He slapped me on the back on my way home.
在我回家的路上,他在我背上拍了一下。
lumber v. 緩慢地移動
flap v. 拍打
I flap the flies away but soon they fly back.
我把蒼蠅趕走,但一會兒又飛回來了。
The curtains were flapping at the open window.
窗簾在敞開的窗戶前擺動。