第一,迷你對話
A: What are you doing here?
你在這兒做什么?
B: It is you. Nice meeting you here. I am waiting for a friend.
是你呀,在這兒遇到你真高興,我在等一個朋友。
A: Boyfriend?
男朋友?
B: No. I swear.
不是的,我發誓。
A: What have you been doing since I last saw you.
自上次見面后,你都做了什么?
B: This and that. And how is your family.
各種各樣的事情,你家人如何?
A: Fine, thanks.
很好,謝謝。
第二,地道表達
this and that
1. 解詞釋義
This and that的意思是“各種事情”“各種東西”。
2. 拓展范例
E.g. He had been here and there, he had seen this and that.
他到過許多地方,見多識廣。
E.g. They started chattering away about this and that.
他們天南海北地談起來。
E.g. He now invited Li Yu-ting to join him for lunch, and they chatted for a while about this and that.
他就請李玉亭吃飯,隨便談些各種各樣的事。
第三,拓展視野
wait for sb or sth.. :等候某人,等待某物
E.g. I don't have to wait for their cue.
我并不等著他們的指點。
E.g. I should prefer you to wait for me at the bus stop.
我愿讓你在那個汽車站等我。