Eileen: What are you doing with all that band equipment?
艾琳:你搗鼓那些樂器干什么?
Dex: The guys in the band are planning a reunion. It’s time for our comeback. It will be the stuff of legends!
戴克斯:樂隊里的伙計們正在計劃復出。我們是時候回歸了。我們將成為一代傳奇!
Eileen: Aren’t you afraid of being called has- beens after all these years?
艾琳:都這么多年了,你難道不怕被人說過氣兒嗎?
Dex: Bite your tongue. There is a groundswell of support for this reunion and we’re not going to disappoint the fans.
戴克斯:別亂嚼舌根。支持我們復出的大有人在,當然我們也不會辜負廣大粉絲們的期望。
Eileen: Groundswell? Are you referring to that local news article about one-hit wonders asking, “Where are they now?”
艾琳:大有人在?你是指當地新聞用“他們如今又身在何方?”的標題調侃那些曇花一現式的組合嗎?
Dex: There was a lot of good response to my quote about our possible reunion. After a 20-year hiatus, I think fans are ready for more music from us. It should lead to a tour.
戴克斯:我宣布可能復出的言論收到很多積極的回復。沉寂了20年,我想,歌迷們已經準備好迎接我們更多的音樂作品了。也許還會進行巡回演出。
Eileen: Resurrecting your music career might be harder than you guys think.
艾琳:重返音樂生涯可能比你們想象的要難。
Dex: Stop being such a killjoy. This reunion could lead to an entire new generation of fans.
戴克斯:別掃大家的興。這次復出可能還會吸引新一代的粉絲。
Eileen: Or you could become the laughingstock of the music world.
艾琳:或者你會成為音樂界的笑柄。
Dex: Okay, that’s enough. You’re officially out of the band.
戴克斯:行了,你真的是夠了。你已經正式被樂隊開除了。
Eileen: I didn’t know I was in the band.
艾琳:我都不知道自己是樂隊的一員。
Dex: I had considered making you a backup singer, but I can’t deal with your negativity.
戴克斯:我曾考慮過讓你當后補主唱,但我實在受不了你的消極心態了。
Eileen: Oh, poor me. I’ll never find stardom.
艾琳:那真是太可惜了。我注定跟明星無緣。
Dex: You’ve had your chance!
戴克斯:你錯失了良機!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載