Bert: Doctor, give it to me straight. Is my medical condition serious?
波特:醫生,您直說吧。我的病情嚴重嗎?
Doctor: I suspect that your rashes and other symptoms are the result of allergies.
醫生:我懷疑你的皮疹和其他癥狀是過敏導致的。
Bert: Allergies?! I thought I had some kind of serious disease.
波特:過敏?!我以為自己得了某種嚴重的疾病。
Doctor: Allergies can be serious. I’m going to give you tests to see what you’re allergic to.
醫生:過敏也會很嚴重的。我會給你做一些測試看看你對什么東西過敏。
Bert: You mean I might have allergies to more than one thing?
波特:你是說我可能對不止一種東西過敏?
Doctor: There are many kinds of allergies. Some people have food allergies and have adverse reactions when they ingest or even come near some types of food.
醫生:過敏分很多種類。有些人對食物過敏,他們攝入甚至接近某一類食物時會產生不良反應。
Bert: That sounds terrible. I hope I don’t have food allergies. I would have to restrict my diet.
波特:聽起來很糟糕。我希望自己不會對食物過敏。我必須限制我的飲食了。
Doctor: Other people have seasonal allergies to pollen from trees, grasses, and weeds.
醫生:還有一些人會因樹木、花草和種子產生的花粉出現季節性過敏反應。
Bert: That would mean I couldn’t do some types of outdoor activities.
波特:那就意味著我無法做一些戶外活動。
Doctor: Many people are allergic to pets, most commonly cat or dog dander.
醫生:很多人還對寵物過敏,最常見的過敏原是貓皮屑或狗皮屑。
Bert: Oh no, I’d have to get rid of my three cats or dog!
波特:哦,不是吧,我得把我養的三只貓和狗趕走啊!
Doctor: You might also be allergic to dust mites, insect bites, or even mold spores in your home.
醫生:你還可能對塵螨、蚊蟲叮咬、甚至是家里的霉菌孢子過敏。
Bert: You mean I might have to move out of my house?
波特:你的意思是我可能還得搬家嗎?
Doctor: If mold is detected in your home, you might need to move out temporarily while the mold is removed.
醫生:如果你家里發現了霉菌,那么清理霉菌的時候,你可能需要暫時搬離住處。
Bert: Are you sure I don’t have some kind of disease? I think I’d prefer that to allergies!
波特:你確定我沒得什么病嗎?我覺得,比起過敏我更想要得病!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載