Ben: Wait! Don’t plug that into the socket. You’ll fry that old hair dryer.
本:等等!不要把它插到插座上。你會把那個舊吹風機燒糊的。
Nicola: I can’t, anyway. This plug has two prongs and that socket is designed for three prongs.
尼古拉:不會發生這種事的。吹風機的插頭有兩個孔,而這個插座是為三個孔設計的。
Ben: That’s why I brought these adapters and this combination converter and transformer. Our devices will either not work or be ruined if we try plugging them directly into those outlets.
本:這就是為什么我帶了適配器和電源變壓轉換器。如果直接把插頭插進插座,那么我們的設備將無法啟用或被燒壞。
Nicola: I should have bought a travel hair dryer with dual voltage.
尼古拉:我應該買雙電壓的旅行電吹風。
Ben: You’d still need an adapter.
本:您還需要一個適配器。
Nicola: Whatever. Okay, I’ve put them both on. Now can I dry my hair?
尼古拉:無所謂。好吧,我把這些都安裝上。現在我能吹頭發了呢?
Ben: You can’t use that hair dryer because the cord is frayed. If you turn it on, it may short circuit and then blow a fuse. We’d be without electricity.
本:你不能用這個吹風機,電線都已經磨損了。如果你打開開關可能會引發短路,然后燒斷保險絲。我們就會斷電的。
Nicola: What am I supposed to do then?
尼古拉:那我應該怎么做呢?
Ben: Good thing I brought mine. Let me just check that the outlet is grounded. Yeah, I think it’s safe for you to use this one.
本:好在我帶了吹風機。我得檢查一下插座是不是接地的。是的,我認為你用這個是安全的。
Nicola: I won’t get electrocuted?
尼古拉:我不會觸電吧?
Ben: You won’t even get a little singed.
本:一點燒糊的現象都不會發生。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載