You want team members to enjoy participating.
你想要隊伍成員享受參與。
Right, but what about setting rules for your team, and, is it better to be strict or not so strict?
沒錯,但是給隊伍定規則呢?嚴格一些比較好,還是不那么嚴格比較好?
Actually, I don’t believe in having a lot of rules, and coaches often do have too many.
事實上,我不信奉制定很多規則,而教練們往往會定下過多的規則。
I think that can get in the way of leadership and box you in, I think people sometimes set rules just to make things easier for themselves.
我覺得那有礙領導力,而且會對你產生束縛,我認為人們有時候制定規則只是為了自己的便利。
That way maybe later they just can refer to the rule and avoid making a choice.
那樣也許稍后他們就能指望規則,避免做選擇。
You know that kind of person I’m talking about, right?
你知道我在說的那種人,對吧?
But that’s not to say the team shouldn’t have any rules at all.
但也不是說一個隊伍就應該一點規則都沒有。
Of course they need some, so early in a season, or when you first take a new job,
他們當然需要一些規則,所以在一季早期,或者你剛接手一份新工作的時候,
establish a few basic ground rules for what is acceptable and non-acceptable behavior.
設定幾條基本的規則,規定什么行為是可以接受的,什么是不能接受的。
So, what are some good ones?
那有哪些好規則呢?
Well, a...a couple rules a coach should have are: insist that players be on time,
教練應該有的幾條規則是:堅持運動員應該準時,
and insist that they practice hard, and give their best effort, and when you do establish a rule, stick to it.
堅持他們要努力訓練,拿出他們自己最大的努力,還有當你確定了一條規則就要堅持到底。