Listen to part of a lecture in a biology class.
請聽生物課上的部分內容。
So that’s the overview of the human immune system.
所以那就是對人類免疫系統的概觀。
But we have a few minutes left. Any questions? George?
不過我們還剩下幾分鐘時間,有什么問題嗎?George?
Yes. You talked about T-cells, naive T-cells. Can you go over that part again?
有,你講到過T細胞(胸腺依賴型細胞),幼稚型T細胞。你能再過一遍那部分嗎?
And also why do we call them that anyway?
還有,我們到底為什么那么叫它們呢?
All right. They’re...they’re known as T-cells because they develop in the thymus.
好的。它們被叫做T細胞是因為它們是在胸腺中發育的。
The what?
什么?
Thymus. That’s T-H-Y-M-U-S.It’s a small organ in the body.
胸腺,拼寫是T-H-Y-M-U-S,它是身體中的一個小器官。
Anyway, that’s why we call them that, they come from the thymus, and T-cells are a part of the body’s immune system.
反正這就是我們這么叫它們的原因,它們來自胸腺,而且T細胞是身體免疫系統的一部分。
They can recognize and eliminate cells from outside the body that might cause disease.
它們可以辨認出并消滅來自身體之外可能會帶來疾病的細胞。
But why naive? I mean, we might call people naive if they don’t have enough experience to know about the dangers of the world.
但是為什么說它們幼稚呢?我是說,我們會說人幼稚,如果他們沒有足夠的經驗了解世界上的危險的話。
But how can you can a cell naive?
但是你怎么能說一個細胞幼稚呢?
Well...when this type of immune cell encounters a cell from outside the body, like maybe a bacterium,
當這種類型的免疫細胞遇到了來自身體之外的細胞,比如一個細菌,
it interacts with that bacterium and learns to recognize it.
它會和那個細菌互動并學著辨認它。
So whenever the immune cell runs into that kind of bacterium in the future, it’ll attack and kill it.
所以無論將來什么時候這個免疫細胞遇到了那種細菌,它都會攻擊并殺掉這種細菌。