The three living pipe up "I'm afraid,"Lo, what I see and "Methinks these devils be."
三個活人大喊 我害怕 我看到什么啦 我認為他們是魔鬼
Back come the other three Such shall you be,
三個死人回話 你們也將如此
I was well fair And For God's love, beware.
我很公平 看在上帝份上 你們好自為之
The furthest gone of the gruesome threesome then makes a little speech.
可怕的三個人離開之前 說了一番話
Know that I was head of my tribe,princes, kings and nobles,Royal and rich, rejoicing in wealth,
我曾經是部落的首領 王子 君主 貴族 高貴而富有 財富無數
But now I am so hideous and bare that even the worms disdain me.
但我現在赤裸而丑陋 連蟲子都對我不屑一顧
This was an invasion that Plantagenet England had not prepared for
這是一場金雀花王朝 沒有防備的入侵
the invasion of the space of the living by the dead.
死人對活人發起的地盤之爭
The sense that the borders between backyards and boneyards had collapsed produced a sudden nervousness.
庭院和墓地的分界線 已經轟然倒塌的事實 引起了世人的不安
In the face of King Death, neither riches nor earthly fame could buy salvation or guarantee immortality.
死神面前 財富和塵世的名望 無法換取解救和永生
This insecurity found expression in a very peculiar kind of tomb the Transi,
這種不安全感的表現存在于 一種非常奇特的墓穴中 Transi
which means, appropriately enough, "Gone off".
意思是"去世"