Martin: Why do you look so upset?
馬丁:為什么你看起來如此沮喪?
Joselyn: Our neighbor’s house was broken into last night. The burglar stole her laptop and some jewelry. Like us, she doesn’t have a security system.
約瑟琳:昨晚我們鄰居家被盜了。竊賊偷走了筆記本電腦和一些首飾。跟我們一樣,她也沒有安裝安保系統。
Martin: Burglar alarms aren’t foolproof. Well, I’m not letting any burglars get close to our house. Let’s go.
馬丁:防盜報警器也不能確保萬無一失。好了,我不會讓任何小偷靠近咱們家的。咱們走吧。
Joselyn: Where are we going?
約瑟琳:去哪里?
馬丁:家居裝飾店。我們需要增加家里的防護措施。我打算在屋外安裝探測器,探照燈還有攝像頭。
Joselyn: I suppose that’s a good idea.
約瑟琳:這是個好主意。
Martin: I also want to put a timer on our indoor lights and a better deadbolt for the front door.
馬丁:我還想給室內的燈安裝一個計時器,在大門加一道更加結實的門閂。
Joselyn: Those will probably help.
約瑟琳:這些應該會有幫助。
Martin: We can find out the cost of metal bars for the windows and a security door.
馬丁:再裝上防盜窗和防盜門那就更加保險了。
Joselyn: Whoa, I think that might be a bit much.
約瑟琳:咳,我覺得有些多余了。
Martin: Nonsense. If we’re going to do something, we’re going to do it right. Barbed wire on top of our fence would probably be next…
馬丁:胡說!既然要做一件事,那就要做好。下一步給咱們家籬笆圍上鐵絲。
Joselyn: That’s not a good idea…
約瑟琳:這做法不太可行吧。
Martin: And last but not least, we’ll need an attack dog.
馬丁:這還不夠,我們還需要一只警犬。
Joselyn: An attack dog?! This is sounding more like a military compound than a home.
約瑟琳:還要一只警犬?怎么聽起來不像家倒像個警局。
Martin: That’s right. When I’m done, Fort Knox will have nothing on us !
馬丁:沒錯。等我的杰作完工,就連諾克斯堡也拿我沒法兒!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載