1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、manage
管理;經營;掌管
Within two years he was managing the store.
不出兩年他就開始管理這家店了。
Most factories in the area are obsolete and badly managed.
這個地區的絕大多數工廠都十分陳舊,經營狀況也非常糟糕。
謹慎地使用,好好地利用(時間、金錢等)
In a busy world, managing your time is increasingly important.
在忙碌的世界里,善于利用時間變得越來越重要。
Josh expects me to manage all the household expenses on very little.
喬希指望我對每筆家庭支出都精打細算。
設法做到;成功完成
Somehow, he'd managed to persuade Kay to buy one for him.
不知用了什么方法,他成功說服凱給他買了一個。
I managed to pull myself up onto a wet, sloping ledge.
我終于爬上了一塊潮濕傾斜的暗礁。