Alice:I can't hear you over that hammering.
艾麗斯:那邊敲敲打打的,我都聽不到你在講什么了。
When are these renovations going to be done?
這次的裝修什么時候能夠弄好?
Dilbert:They're already two weeks past the scheduled completion date and I can only guess at the cost overruns.
德爾伯特:他們已經超過預定完工日期2星期了,我猜測成本會超支。
Alice:It feels like they're never going to finish.
艾麗斯:感覺他們永遠不會結束。
Dilbert:I know. When the renovations were announced, I was glad to hear that the office would be reconfigured for better use.
德爾伯特:我知道。當宣布裝修時,我很高興聽到這個辦公室為了更好使用會重新布置的消息。
Alice:Me, too.
艾麗斯:我也是。
Dilbert:The upgrades sounded good-new lighting fixtures, flooring, and sound-deadening walls and ceilings.
德爾伯特:這次的更新換代聽起來不錯—新的照明燈具,地板,隔音墻壁及天花板。
Alice:I was looking forward to an updated look with new built-ins.
艾麗斯:我期待著看看新款的嵌入式家具。
This old furniture shows lots of wear and tear.
這件舊家具看起來已經破舊不堪了。
Dilbert:Yeah, now all I want is to be rid of all this dust.
德爾伯特:是的,現在我想要擺脫這一切塵埃。
Who can work with this racket?
這么吵吵鬧鬧誰能靜下心來工作啊?
Alice:Heh? What did you say? Did you say you can't hack it? Me, neither!
艾麗斯:哈?你說什么?你說你無法忍受是嗎?我也不行的!