Hello, Patrick. Is that you?
嗨,帕特里克,是你嗎?
Yeah, Jane. What can I do for you?
是啊,簡,有什么事嗎?
I was calling about the apple tree that you were trimming yesterday.
我打電話來想跟你談談關于你昨天修剪的那棵蘋果樹的事兒。
That was hard work!
那是一項困難的工作!
I'm sure it was. It truly looked difficult.
我想肯定是,看起來真的很有難度。
Yeah, I'm glad it's finished.
是啊,我很高興已經完成了。
Hauling the branches to the front for garbage pick-up was no fun either.
將樹枝拖到房子前面好讓垃圾車載走也不是什么好玩兒的事。
Well, I don't think you're quite finished yet.
好吧,我覺得你還有事沒完成。
Some of the larger branches fell over into my yard, and I think you should come and get them.
有一些較大的樹枝落到了我的院子里,我想你應該過來把它們拿走。
Listen, Jane. I don't see why I should do that.
簡,聽著,我不明白我為什么要這么做。
You've eaten all the apples that fall in your yard and you've never complained about that before.
你吃掉了所有落在你院子里的蘋果,你也從來沒有抱怨過那個。
Well, it's easier to pick up apples than to drag tree branches all the way to the curb.
嗯,撿蘋果比起把樹枝一路拖到路邊要簡單得多。
My kids pick up the apples, and the branches are just too big for them to drag.
我的孩子們把蘋果撿了起來,但是樹枝太大了,他們根本拖不動。
Well, I guess you'll just have to do it yourself, Jane.
好吧,簡,我想這件事只能由你自己來做了。
Patrick, I wish you would reconsider.
帕特里克,我希望你重新考慮一下。
We've always gotten along fairly well, but I think you're out of line here.
我們一直相處得很好,但這件事上我覺得你有點出格了。
The branches are your responsibility.
清理樹枝是你的責任。
Sorry, Jane. I disagree.
對不起,簡,我不這么認為。
You take the benefits of the apple tree, but refuse to deal with the bad side of it.
你得了這棵蘋果樹的好處,卻不愿處理它的麻煩事兒。
Besides, it won't take you any time to get the branches out front.
還有,把樹枝清到外面根本花不了你多少時間。
Get the branches off my property or I'll have to sue you.
把樹枝從我這兒清理出去,否則我會告你。
Yeah? For what? You're taking those law classes too seriously!
是嗎?為什么?你把那些法律課看得太認真了!
I've gotta go. I have to pick up my son.
我得走了。我要去接我兒子了。
You'll be hearing from me.
你會好好聽我講的。
Yeah, yeah. See you in court, Jane.
是啊,是啊。簡,法庭上見。