Listen to a conversation between a student and a university print shop employee.
聽一段學生和大學打印店店員的對話。
Hi, I saw your ad in the campus newspaper.
你好,我看到你在校報登的廣告了。
Oh. We don't have any job openings right now.
噢,我們現在沒有職位空缺了。
Oh no. I meant the other ad, about the services you provide for students.
噢,不是。我是指另一則廣告,說的是你為學生們提供的服務。
You see, I have been working at the campus tutoring center as a maths tutor.
我在學校的指導中心當一名數學輔導老師。
But things have changed, including my schedule.
但情況有變,其中包括我的日程。
And now I want to start doing tutoring work independently.
現在我打算開始獨立做些輔導工作。
But in order to, basically, start my own business, I need to get the word out.
但為了做我自己的生意,我需要把消息散播出去。
Ok.
好。
I was thinking I should get something printed up that I can hand out to people.
我在想,我應該打印些東西出來發給人們。
Ah. Well, actually, I just printed up some great-looking flyers for someone doing the same thing.
啊!事實上,我剛剛才為別人打印了一批很好看的傳單,他們正在做和你一樣的事情。
Flyers. Yeah, that's an idea.
傳單。這是個不錯的想法。
I guess then I could post them around campus.
我猜接著我就能在校園里張貼出來了。
Yeah. And you can hand them out too. But, oh, you know what?
對,你還能把它們發出去。不過,你知道嗎?
I did something really neat for someone last week.
我上周幫別人做了一些很精致的東西。
She didn't want to go the traditional route, you know, business cards, flyers, so we customized pencils for her.
她不想走傳統路線,你知道的,就名片和傳單那些東西,所以我們為她量身定做了鉛筆。
Pencils?
鉛筆?
Yeah. You know, a little message printed on the pencil.
對,你懂的,就是在鉛筆上印些東西。
Oh, that's cool.
噢,真棒。
Yeah. But you should know, it's not our cheapest option.
對。但你應該明白,這不是最便宜的。
Oh, and you know those little sticky notes?
你知道那些便利貼嗎?
You do those too?
你們也做那些嗎?
Well, we did once.
我們曾做過一次。
I think those bright pieces of paper would be real attention getters.
我覺得那些亮色紙片能真正吸引人們的注意。
You know, students use them all the time, so they should be good for business.
你知道的,學生經常在用這些,所以這對生意肯定有好處。
I don't know why we haven't done more.
我不明白為什么我們之前不做多些。
Wow.
哇。
So you've got some options.
所以,你手上有好幾種選擇。
Right. Well, what about business cards?
對。那名片呢?
My friend has these business cards. She does tutoring too.
我的朋友就有名片。她也是從事輔導工作的。
And she got them at this place in town, but they were kind of expensive.
她在城里做的名片,但是挺貴的。
For business cards?
名片?
Well, I don't know what your friend paid, but we could do something real simple and it wouldn't be much.
我不知道你朋友花了多少錢,但我們能做些很簡單的名片,價錢不會很高。
Like for a batch of 250 for one of our standard designs, 20 dollars maybe.
比如一批標準設計的名片,250張,大概20美金吧。
20 dollars sounds okay.
20美元聽起來可以接受。
Now, there are some other choices that will affect the cost.
還有不同的選擇,會影響價格。
You know, like different background patterns, using colour ink, that sort of thing.
你懂的,就像不同的背景樣式,用彩色墨水,就是那一類的東西。
And it also depends on how many words you want to include.
價格也根據你打算印多少字來決定。
Ok. Well, I know what I want them to say. But I am just thinking, I kind of like that pencil idea.
好。我知道我想印什么。但我在想,我挺喜歡鉛筆的想法。
Yeah. I thought it was neat.
對。我覺得那很精致。
Now, of course you can only fit your name and phone number, and like, in your case, "maths tutoring" on it.
當然了,你可以只印你的名字和電話號碼,還有比如,就你而言,“數學輔導”。
Right. Well, I could customed design the business cards though right?
我能自己定制名片對吧?
That's what my friend did.
我朋友就是這么做的。
She said she designed them at the computer right there at the print shop.
她說她是在打印店的電腦上設計出來的。
Well, you can do that here, too.
你也能在這兒做。
But a custom design would be a bigger investment for your business than one of our standard designs.
但對你的生意來說,定制設計比起我們的標準設計來說,是一筆更大的投資。
Well, I don't know.
我可不知道。
I am interested in business cards, so can I look at the standard design?
我對名片很感興趣,我能看一下你們的標準設計嗎?