1、suppose
假定;假設;設想
Suppose someone gave you an egg and asked you to describe exactly what was inside.
假設有人給了你一枚雞蛋并要你準確描述雞蛋里面有什么。
Supposing he's right and I do die tomorrow? Maybe I should take out an extra insurance policy.
假設他是對的,我確實明天就會死,那該怎么辦?也許我應該再買一份保險。
(根據所知)認為,推斷,料想
The policy is perfectly clear and I see no reason to suppose that it isn't working.
這項政策非常清楚明了,我沒有理由認為它不會奏效。
I knew very well that the problem was more complex than he supposed.
我很清楚那個問題比他料想的要更復雜。
我看;要我說;我想
I get a bit uptight these days. Hormones, I suppose.
這些天我有點焦躁。我看是荷爾蒙在作怪。
I suppose I'd better do some homework.
我看我最好做做功課。
2、exhaust
使精疲力竭;使疲憊不堪
Don't exhaust him.
不要把他累壞了。
He took to walking long distances in an attempt to physically exhaust himself.
他開始長距離步行,試圖耗盡自己的體力。
耗盡;用光
We have exhausted all our material resources.
我們已經耗盡了所有的物資。
They said that food supplies were almost exhausted.
他們說供應的食物幾乎快要吃完了。
尾氣;廢氣
the exhaust from a car engine.
汽車發動機排放的尾氣
The city's streets are filthy and choked with exhaust fumes.
那座城市的街道骯臟不堪,彌漫著令人窒息的廢氣。