Todd: OK, Keren, I thought we'd talk about health.
托德:凱倫,我們來聊聊健康吧。
Keren: OK.
凱倫:好。
Todd: And you look very healthy.
托德:你看起來非常健康。
Keren: Yes.
凱倫:對。
Todd: So first of all, we're going to talk about remedies. What do you do when you have a cold?
托德:首先,我們來談談治療方法。你感冒時會怎么辦?
Keren: When I have a cold, I try to rest as much as possible and stay in bed and I take lemon, hot lemon drinks and I take tablets — paracetamol — to take away my headache.
凱倫:如果我感冒的話,我會盡量躺在床上休息,還有吃檸檬,或是喝熱檸檬飲料,我還會吃藥,服用對乙酰氨基酚來緩解頭痛。
Todd: OK, now you say you take lemon drinks. Like what exactly type of lemon drinks do you have?
托德:好,你剛說你會喝檸檬飲料。具體來說,你會喝哪種檸檬飲料?
Keren: I just use hot water and lemon it's very refreshing and it clears your head.
凱倫:一般我就用熱水和檸檬混合做成檸檬飲料,可以提神,還可以使頭腦清醒。
Todd: Wow. So just hot water and lemon and that's it? No honey or tea or anything?
托德:哇。只用熱水和檸檬嗎?不加蜂蜜或是茶之類的東西嗎?
Keren: Maybe you can put a little honey in it or... and also you can buy lemon drinks which have pain killer inside.
凱倫:也許可以放一點兒蜂蜜……你也可以去外面買檸檬飲料,那里面含有止痛藥的成分。
Todd: OK, now let's talk about the hangover. Do you drink?
托德:好,下面我們來說說宿醉。你喝酒嗎?
Keren: Yes.
凱倫:喝。
Todd: OK. Have you had a hangover before?
托德:好。你之前有宿醉的經歷嗎?
Keren: Yes, a few times.
凱倫:有過幾次。
Todd: OK. What's your secret for the hangover?
托德:好。你有沒有緩解宿醉的秘訣?
Keren: Sleep is my secret for the hangover, and when I have a hangover I really, really want to eat fatty foods and sugary foods and I eat lots of potato chips and I drink Coca-Cola.
凱倫:睡覺就是我緩解宿醉的秘訣,我宿醉時會想吃一些油膩的食物或者是甜食,所以我會吃很多薯片,還會喝可口可樂。
Todd: Oh, I'm in the same boat. I love like fast foods when I have a hangover.
托德:哦,我也是這樣。我宿醉的時候喜歡吃快餐。
Keren: Yeah, it's terrible.
凱倫:對,其實這樣很糟糕。
Todd: Yeah, so how long does it take you usually to recover from a hangover?
托德:對,通常你要用多長時間能從宿醉中恢復過來?
Keren: It takes me the whole day after I go out.
凱倫:通常要一整天的時間。
Todd: The whole day.
托德:一整天。
Keren: The whole day.
凱倫:一整天。
Todd: Yeah, that's the bummer because, like, you want to be up and out.
托德:這挺讓人不爽的,因為其實你很想起床出去。
Keren: Yeah.
凱倫:對。
Todd: I usually try to shoot for one or two to be back at normal full-speed again.
托德:一般我一兩個小時以后就能繼續全速前進了。
Keren: Really.
凱倫:真的嗎?
Todd: Yeah.
托德:對。
Keren: No, it takes me the whole day. Sometimes I sleep in the afternoon. I take a nap and I feel better after that.
凱倫:我可不行,我需要一天的時間。有時我會在下午睡覺。在小睡之后我會感覺好些。
Todd: Maybe you just have stronger hangovers.
托德:也許你的宿醉更嚴重。
Keren: Maybe.
凱倫:可能吧。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載