1、worth
價值;值…錢
These books might be worth £80 or £90 or more to a collector.
這些書對收藏家而言可能值八九十英鎊或更多。
His mother inherited a farm worth 15,000 dollars a year.
他母親繼承了一處年產值為1.5萬美元的農場。
(與時間連用)可維持…(時間)
You've got three years' worth of research money to do what you want with.
你有可維持3年的研究經費去做自己想做的事。
After an hour and a quarter's-worth of cleansing, toning and pampering, the difference to the way my skin felt was remarkable.
經過1小時15分鐘的清潔、柔膚和精心護理后,我的皮膚摸上去感覺大不一樣。
具有(某一行動)的價值;值得(做)
No one is worth a great deal of sacrifice.
沒有誰值得付出重大的犧牲。
I am spending a lot of money and time on this boat, but it is worth it.
我在這艘船上花了很多金錢和時間,但都很值得。
拼命地; 全力以赴地;熱情高漲地
We both began waving to the crowd for all we were worth..
我們倆開始使勁地朝人群揮手。
Push for all you're worth!
使足勁推!
2、provide
供給;提供;給予
I'll be glad to provide a copy of this.
我很愿意提供它的一個副本。
They would not provide any details.
他們不愿提供任何細節。
(法律或協議)規定
The treaty provides that, by the end of the century, the United States must have removed its bases.
條約規定,到本世紀末,美國必須撤除其基地。
The Act provides that only the parents of a child have a responsibility for that child's financial support.
法令規定只有孩子的父母才有責任為孩子提供經濟支持。
3、blow up
引爆;(使)炸毀;(使)爆炸
He was jailed for 45 years for trying to blow up a plane.
他因為企圖炸毀一架飛機而被判入獄 45年。
Their boat blew up as they slept.
他們睡覺的時候船爆炸了。
給(輪胎)打氣;給(氣球)充氣
Other than blowing up a tyre I hadn't done any car maintenance.
除了給輪胎充氣外,我沒做過任何汽車保養。
發怒;大發雷霆
I'm sorry I blew up at you.
對不起,我對你發脾氣了。
When Myra told Karp she'd expose his past, he blew up.
當邁拉告訴卡普她會把他的過去全抖摟出去時,卡普大為光火。
(使)夸大;(使)言過其實
Newspapers blew up the story.
報紙對此事的報道言過其實了。
The media may be blowing it up out of proportion.
媒體可能過分夸大了此事。