1、go on
繼續做
Unemployment is likely to go on rising this year.
今年的失業人數可能會繼續上升。
I'm all right here. Go on with your work.
我這里很好,你繼續工作吧。
進行;發生
While this conversation was going on, I was listening with earnest attention.
這場對話進行的時候,我聚精會神地聽著。
I don't know what's going on.
我不知道發生了什么事。
(做完某事后)進而,接著(做另一件事)
Alliss retired from golf in 1969 and went on to become a successful broadcaster.
阿利斯于1969年從高爾夫球界退役,繼而成為一名成功的節目主持人。
She went on to say that she had discussed it with the Canadian foreign minister.
她接著又說她已同加拿大外長就此進行了磋商。
2、roll in
紛至沓來;涌現;滾滾而來
Don't forget, I have always kept the money rolling in.
不要忘記,我總是有大量錢財滾滾而來。
不慌不亂地來到;姍姍來遲
'I've made you late.' — 'No that's all right. I can roll in when I feel like it.'
“我讓你遲到了。”——“不,沒關系。我隨便幾點到都無所謂。”
The brothers usually roll into their studio around midday.
兄弟幾個總是要到正午前后才姍姍來到工作室。
(坦克、軍隊等)進駐,開進
More than 100 tanks rolled into eastern Croatia.
100多輛坦克開進了克羅地亞東部。
A convoy of United Nations trucks rolled into Sarajevo today.
今天一支聯合國卡車車隊開進了薩拉熱窩。
3、take back
退回;退還;歸還
If I buy something and he doesn't like it I'll take it back.
要是我買的東西他不喜歡的話,我就會去退貨。
I went to the library and took your books back.
我去了圖書館,幫你把書還了。
收回,撤回(所說的話或想法)
I take it back, I think perhaps I am an extrovert.
我收回說過的話,我想也許我是外向型的人。
Take back what you said about Jeremy!
收回你說的關于杰里米的話。
讓…回家;準許…回來
Why did she take him back?
她怎么又讓他回家了?
The government has agreed to take back those people who are considered economic rather than political refugees.
政府同意讓那些被認為是經濟難民的人回國,但政治難民不包括在內。
使回想起;使回憶起
I enjoyed experimenting with colours — it took me back to being five years old.
我喜歡嘗試各種顏色——它使我感覺像是又回到了 5 歲的時候。
This takes me back.
這使我想起了過去。