1. be sure of:確定,肯定
e.g. One thing I am sure of was that she was scared.
有一點我能肯定,那就是她當時被嚇到了。
e.g. We're always sure of a friendly welcome at this hotel.
我們在這家賓館總是受到友好的歡迎。
e.g. I am not sure of what he has said at the meeting.
他在會上說了些什么我不太清楚。
e.g. Since you are so sure of it he'll believe you.
既然你對此這么有把握,他會相信你的。
2. a common sense:常識(尤指判斷力)
e.g. Rest assured, he probably has rather more common sense than you realize.
放心吧,他知道的常識很可能比你以為的要多得多。
e.g. He lacked any of the practical common sense essential in management.
管理方面基本的實用常識他一點也不懂。
e.g. She always had a lot of common sense.
她一直都有很強的直覺判斷力。
e.g. It's refreshing to hear somebody speaking common sense.
聽到有人說話通情達理真是令人耳目一新。
3. with no money:沒有錢地
e.g. The man was found wandering about with no money or papers.
發現這個男子身無分文,也無證件,在四處游蕩。
e.g. It is idiotic to go shopping with no money.
去買東西而不帶錢是很蠢的。
e.g. With no money, he found himself in a tight corner.
他身無分文地,發覺自己有點陷入困境。
4. go dating:赴約
e.g. Please let me know if you will not be able to go dating .
如果你不能赴約,請告知我。
e.g. He deposited me with the porter and rushed away to go dating.
他把我交給門房后,匆匆趕去赴約。