重點講解:
1. on top of
另外;加之;除…之外(還);
eg. Mary worked at the store all day and on top of that she had to baby-sit with her brother.
瑪麗整天在商店里工作,除些之外她還必須臨時照顧她的小弟弟 。
eg. On top of that, I've got one extra bit of good news I think you might want to hear.
除此之外,我還有一個你想要聽到的好消息 。
2. be associated with
(與…)相關的;相聯系的;
eg. In children's minds, summers are associated with picnics.
在孩子們看來,夏天總是和郊游連在一起的 。
eg. In some culture, a crow is associated with badness.
在某種文化中,烏鴉是不吉祥的象徵 。
3. what have you
諸如此類;等等;
eg. So many things are unsafe these days—milk, cranberry sauce, what have you.
現如今很多食品都不安全——牛奶、藍莓醬等等 。
eg. My great-grandfather made horseshoes and nails and what have you.
我曾祖父打制馬掌、鐵釘等諸如此類的東西 。
4. take advantage of
利用;
eg. People concentrate in cities not only to get jobs but to take advantage of cultural facilities.
人們聚集在城市不僅是為就業,而且是為享用文化設施 。
eg. We should take advantage of these good conditions.
我們應充分利用這些良好的條件 。
5. ever since
自從;打…以后一直;
eg. Dick has been in seventh heaven ever since he fell in love.
迪克自從戀愛以來一直就覺得異常幸福 。
eg. He's been a thorn in my side ever since he joined this department.
他自從到了這個部門就總讓我不得安生 。
n. 偏愛,優先,喜愛物